Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: Hazey-n-Marc on May 14, 2013, 01:04:28 PM

Title: I like this one!!
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on May 14, 2013, 01:04:28 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-126-Not-Yamaha-R1-/130907481511?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e7ab1a5a7
Title: Re: I like this one!!
Post by: Amateb8 on May 14, 2013, 06:38:17 PM
Very nice. Love the colour. I wonder whether the seats were re-upholstered.
Title: Re: I like this one!!
Post by: ciaoflyer on May 14, 2013, 10:11:35 PM
Have you read the extra comments he has added..........? ???
Title: Re: I like this one!!
Post by: Kent126 on May 14, 2013, 10:27:45 PM
 :o :o :o :o

Looks like im in trouble again!  :$

I asked him for a buy it now price as I really liked this car and I am actively looking for a second one  ;D. He then said a silly price so I politely declined the buy it now price and I then said that I thought it wasnt worth what he was asking for but I would continue to watch the auction.

I got a really rude email back, and I have now been made aware of the extra comments on the auction!  :o

People seem to take things I say out of context!

Anyway, I still like the car but probably wont be bidding on it now.

Tom

Title: Re: I like this one!!
Post by: cudhso on May 14, 2013, 10:31:41 PM
You cant leave us hanging like that!  What was the buy it now price?
Title: Re: I like this one!!
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on May 15, 2013, 12:15:48 AM
Oh, you're Tom, couldn't think who it was. I contacted the seller and said he should join the club so he can answer questions, he doesn't seem keen on the idea though.

Marc
Title: Re: I like this one!!
Post by: markymarc on May 15, 2013, 09:49:07 AM
It is a very nice looking car but again if he has paid to have a decent spray-job done then he maybe trying to recoup that cost?

No offence but most of these cars you will not get back that cost!! Unless they are very old or until there are hardly any left, These little 126's are just not that sought after are they? Only by us mad owners!!

Marc
Title: Re: I like this one!!
Post by: wsmitwil on May 15, 2013, 03:10:49 PM

I think that people should stop quoting the club when contacting the sellers on ebay as it makes the club sound abit nagging
Title: Re: I like this one!!
Post by: Kent126 on May 15, 2013, 04:03:52 PM

I think that people should stop quoting the club when contacting the sellers on ebay as it makes the club sound abit nagging

Maybe yeah. Anyway, it's a nice little car if it can be had at a reasonable price. It would certainly stand out at retro rides!  ;D

Tom
Title: Re: I like this one!!
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on May 15, 2013, 04:50:18 PM
I reckon it will easy go for £1500, might well go over £2000. It is sorted, a good sorted 126 is worth more than most of us think.
Title: Re: I like this one!!
Post by: gason on May 15, 2013, 09:59:42 PM
I think £2500 or £3000 for a good original  low mileage
Title: Re: I like this one!!
Post by: dajwid on May 15, 2013, 10:31:37 PM
it is a 90s Bis, nice paint job and new tyres. £1500 on a good day £1750

Title: Re: I like this one!!
Post by: Lloyd74 on May 15, 2013, 10:56:16 PM
Once came across a chap on U tube doing a rover p5, I had the audacity to point out that the alloy on the metal wings was in fact lead loaded filler! He went mental! Its common knowledge that most cars of the era were lead loaded but he went abusive berserk! Isn't it great when you come up against such wilful ignorance, you try to help somebody or ask a legitimate question and then become the subject of loathing and contempt! I'm so glad I'm part of this forum because everybody is cool and respectful and yes we acknowledge we don't know everything but will try to ensure we get there by reason and debate! Poor Tom this guy obviously is a challenge to reason  and I'm glad that his comments don't entirely represent the truth shall we say! It appears that the rudeness was not yours but you simply and reasonably thought that 30 million pounds and a string of tropical islands was a little above the going rate!
Ive come across this regularly when viewing classic bikes, people get precious about them as it belonged to their late cat/whatever and seem to think that 60k is reasonable because it meant something to them but often you could have bought a fully restored one for 500 and then your rude and deluded when you won't meet their price! Ah well it takes all sorts!
Title: Re: I like this one!!
Post by: Lloyd74 on May 15, 2013, 11:10:41 PM
similarly you can get a professional restorer on ?£ an hour to restore a car and spend ?K but at the end of the day you can buy the same car for 1500 elsewhere why should you pay for someone else's massive costs! It's called overcooking! A car or anything is worth what it fetches not what you want it to fetch! Let the gods decide!
Title: Re: I like this one!!
Post by: kev126 on May 16, 2013, 12:05:03 AM
To be honest, I doubt the seller even knows anything about his own car. Funny looking CHINQ wheels... And 'not barn find for once' .. Sorry? How many barn find BIS's have any of us come across? Maybe very early aircooleds but come on! And to top it off, 'not Yamaha R1' in the title. 100% douchebag.
Title: Re: I like this one!!
Post by: Kent126 on May 16, 2013, 03:51:27 PM
The mad thing is I really liked the car, and wanted to buy it for retro rides! Anyway I hate arguing with anyone and its my birthday so im off out!  ;D

Tom
Title: Re: I like this one!!
Post by: Bar Vitelli on May 16, 2013, 05:48:01 PM
Happy birthday, Tom!
Title: Re: I like this one!!
Post by: 1973/126 on May 16, 2013, 07:58:25 PM
 Tom you never know, you might be lucky and get a nice orange bis for your birthday.
 If not I`ll get you one of these :P
 http://www.bhs.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=34096&storeId=13077&productId=8294164&langId=-1&categoryId=
Title: Re: I like this one!!
Post by: ciaoflyer on May 17, 2013, 08:26:02 PM
Tom you never know, you might be lucky and get a nice orange bis for your birthday.
 If not I`ll get you one of these :P
 http://www.bhs.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=34096&storeId=13077&productId=8294164&langId=-1&categoryId=

Cheeky bugger!  ;)
Title: Re: I like this one!!
Post by: Abiella on May 17, 2013, 08:37:58 PM
ha, thats funny. Happy Birthday Tom!
Title: Re: I like this one!!
Post by: Kent126 on May 17, 2013, 09:44:46 PM
Ha ha ha, that is actually the funniest thing I have ever seen!  :P :P :P