Club126UK
For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: Westy on April 23, 2013, 12:16:16 PM
-
I had hoped it was just the gasket gone on my 126 but it has damaged the head to so i am after a replacement. Anyone got 1 stashed away? Know where to get 1 for a reasonable price?
-
There are few listed on eBay at the moment including a new one, which would be a good option in the long run.
The guy has it listed at £179 or near offer, but I`m sure there is a deal to be done outside eBay. I`ve got some stub axles from him before and I would say they were a very reasonable price.
-
What is the damage as most things can be repaired ?
-
Gasket had gone around stud hole/number 1 piston and has blown through the ally of the head obviously been going a while. Ive seen the ones on ebay will look at finances come payday just wondering if anyone had anything on here first
(http://i35.tinypic.com/f2sdur.jpg)
(http://i36.tinypic.com/o9r13r.jpg)
-
I have a head on one of my engines that suffered the same problem. A little bit of ally weld (by a specialist) & a light skim took care of the it.
-
Ive got a replacment off ebay converted to unleaded to. Will send this one off to a friend who is an ally welding master see what he says as to if it can be saved can then be sold to recoup some of the costs