Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: 126bisbloke on April 22, 2013, 09:56:18 AM

Title: 126Bis carb wanted please
Post by: 126bisbloke on April 22, 2013, 09:56:18 AM
After solving a few things over the weekend I decided to check out why my cover over the carb wont stay bolted  down properly . I took the cover off altogether and have noticed the hole for the bolt and the  raised area around it has been wrecked  hence why the bolt wont go in . Has anyone got a good spare carb please :D
Title: Re: 126Bis carb wanted please
Post by: kev126 on April 23, 2013, 01:25:18 PM
Ooh is it repairable? I'd he inclined to fix it instead of searching for these pricey hens teeth.. Which COULD turn out to be full of problems!
Title: Re: 126Bis carb wanted please
Post by: 126bisbloke on April 23, 2013, 02:20:59 PM
Well this Thursday I'll attempt to remove the top of the carb and see if it can be drilled out and re-tapped So I'll let you know how I get on I'll take photo's as I go along. Kapphar !!!! I think that's Klingon lol. 8)
Title: Re: 126Bis carb wanted please
Post by: kev126 on April 23, 2013, 03:01:20 PM
Get some pictures of the problem up on here. When I bought my BIS the bolt which held the cover on had very thin and worn threads. I was going to drill out and retap the hole, but instead I replaced the bolt. I think it can be done just don't get any swarf down the carb!! :)
Title: Re: 126Bis carb wanted please
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on April 23, 2013, 03:59:19 PM
I am not familiar with the Bis carb although I did buy a brand new Bis in 1989 and the only memory of the carb was that it went into self destruct mode after about 2 years and the carb was held together with araldite . Since then I have rebuilt and rescued many Weber carbs and most stripped threads can be sorted with a helicoil. Retapping is probaly not a good idea but like Kev says if you can get a pic to show the problem  :)
Title: Re: 126Bis carb wanted please
Post by: JonW126 on April 23, 2013, 08:57:34 PM
Get some pictures of the problem up on here. When I bought my BIS the bolt which held the cover on had very thin and worn threads. I was going to drill out and retap the hole, but instead I replaced the bolt. I think it can be done just don't get any swarf down the carb!! :)

How did you do that ?

Mine has a worn double thread and when undoing the top nut it sometimes sticks so the bottom screw thread undoes so the entire pin comes out.

Title: Re: 126Bis carb wanted please
Post by: kev126 on April 23, 2013, 11:15:06 PM
That happened to mine. I just use an Allen head bolt and a washer now. That's it!
Title: Re: 126Bis carb wanted please
Post by: 126bisbloke on April 28, 2013, 09:04:23 PM
 :D Hi guys thanks I was able to locate a  S/H carb and I've also purchased a rebuild kit but I have some info for you good folks, here are the i.d. numbers for the carb.
 It's a Weber 30 DGF 3/150 I I also believe that there is a Solex version which is 30 DID/1 Solex.

And here is a place that dos'e carbs  The Carburettor  Hospital 01702 203286


http://www.carburettorspecialists.com/

Thank you... ;D