Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: cudhso on April 10, 2013, 02:17:24 PM

Title: Bonnet NEEDED!
Post by: cudhso on April 10, 2013, 02:17:24 PM
I am having to junk my bonnet because it is too far gone to be effectively rebuilt. the car is going in to be sprayed next month.

I thought I had cracked it [pun] when I ordered a fibreglass bonnet from 126FAN.  When I received it it was too damaged to use so I dont want to go down the fibreglass route again.

Can anyone point me towards a replacement metal bonnet?  (an excellent used part would also be welcome) It is for a BIS but I think they are the same as the aircooled.

Richie
Title: Re: Bonnet NEEDED!
Post by: cudhso on May 01, 2013, 03:31:50 PM
Had to postpone the spray job and now I am back in Nigeria for a while working  >:(  .

Seriously folks, has anyone a bonnet they are willing to let go of?

Richie
Title: Re: Bonnet NEEDED!
Post by: Tomasz on May 02, 2013, 11:15:22 PM
Hi, I think I have a decent one. I didn't really want to let it go but pm me an offer. I can probably send it via courier for not too much.
Title: Re: Bonnet NEEDED!
Post by: fixit on May 07, 2013, 04:39:08 PM
there seems to be some here if non available preowned

http://webshop.fiat500126.com/katalog/artikelinfo/562/trunk_lid

http://www.fiat500classic.co.uk/store/product_info.php/products_id/3398

http://www.ricambio.co.uk/69-fiat/72-classic-fiat-126-parts/143-body-parts/695-bonnet--fiat-126
 
regards f
Title: Re: Bonnet NEEDED!
Post by: cudhso on May 19, 2013, 09:22:33 PM
I have one on the way from Lingotto Germany. 

Hopefully it will get here in one piece.  They all seem to be fibreglass, which is great if they arrive in one piece.  Trouble is one already died a horrible death in transit.  Parcelforce  :rant

Richie
Title: Re: Bonnet NEEDED!
Post by: fixit on May 19, 2013, 11:17:49 PM
lets just say we nick named them
 remove the o replace with a
Title: Re: Bonnet NEEDED!
Post by: cudhso on May 21, 2013, 09:44:49 PM
OK I received some good news from my wife today.  The bonnet arrived and it is in good order.  (Metal not fibreglass...) 

I suppose some out there are thinking how could I have bought it when I don't even know the material it is made of?  Answer: I thought all the pattern bonnets were now made of fibreglass.  So it is a nice surprise to find I was wrong...

All-in the bonnet and two headlights were Euro 160, which for new parts was a good price I feel.

 :beer:  Home Thursday.  Will be nice to be in normal temperatures.  33 C with high humidity here.

Richie.