Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: Bar Vitelli on February 10, 2013, 07:25:33 PM

Title: 1973 Fiat 126...
Post by: Bar Vitelli on February 10, 2013, 07:25:33 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-126-1973-M-reg-Air-cooled-No-Reserve-/200893364995?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D5501425630266108500%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D200893364995%26#ht_231wt_1032
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126...
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on February 10, 2013, 07:41:19 PM
I recognise the number plate  ???
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126...
Post by: Bar Vitelli on February 10, 2013, 07:45:46 PM
It used to be on the front page of the forum, would make a lovely restoration...
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126...
Post by: Amateb8 on February 10, 2013, 08:40:48 PM
I recognise the number plate  ???

Owned by a forum member? The car is not too far from me.
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126...
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on February 10, 2013, 09:02:46 PM
Was it also the car used in the practical classics buyers guide?
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126...
Post by: Kent126 on February 10, 2013, 09:37:51 PM
Sounds like it might have a bit of history!  :)

It would be nice if it went to a forum member, always nice to have these early cars in the club!

Tom
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126...
Post by: Kent126 on February 10, 2013, 09:45:53 PM
Here it is in a photo at the Uxbridge Autoshow on 16th July 2006

(http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s191/thomasrenshaw/uxbridgeautoshow16thjul06_zpscff2c861.jpg)

Tom
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126...
Post by: Bar Vitelli on February 11, 2013, 06:44:13 PM
Wow! 

It's at £731.00 already...could be a £1.5k+ sale!   :o

Looks like a great restoration!

Very tempting - but seen something even nicer on eBay - if only I had the cash (and the space) !!

 ;D
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126...
Post by: Amateb8 on February 12, 2013, 10:16:00 PM
Two owners only. Seller says its low mileage is genuine, backed by MoT and some service history.
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126...
Post by: dajwid on February 13, 2013, 07:22:39 AM
The owner REALLY knows what he is talking about.

I saw the car at Uxbridge.
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126...
Post by: Amateb8 on February 13, 2013, 04:51:27 PM
It is Chris Larkin's 126!!!
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126...
Post by: dajwid on February 13, 2013, 05:38:55 PM
 ;D :thumbup
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126...
Post by: Kent126 on February 20, 2013, 02:09:27 PM
Come on then. Fess up, who bought it?  :$

Tom

Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126...
Post by: Bar Vitelli on February 20, 2013, 02:14:24 PM
Not me...although I was tempted  !!  ;D
 
£1246.46 for a restoration but looks to be worth every penny  !! ;D

Hope it's gone to a good home...
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126...
Post by: 1973/126 on February 20, 2013, 02:29:01 PM
 Not me either :(

 I wish I never sold our blue 73 car, as it would be very hard and expensive to replace it if I ever wanted an other one.
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126...
Post by: Kent126 on February 20, 2013, 02:30:09 PM
I just guess the price of these early ones keep going up!

Tom
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126...
Post by: bis13 on February 22, 2013, 10:25:09 AM
I saw this ad the other day and knew it was Chris Lakin his nickname is tiff and the seller is Tiffer1986 (or similar) this car was bought from an old boy just around the corner from where he lived in uxbridge. It looks like it has been laid up and not much done to it since, from what i remember it was a solid car and if he says the sills need doing then that's not such a big deal along with the spare wheel well.