Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: Kent126 on February 02, 2013, 11:54:58 PM

Title: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: Kent126 on February 02, 2013, 11:54:58 PM
I know these don't come up very often, so by the time I find a pair I might be ready for them!  :$

I really want a set of CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS for my project. I'd be willing to have them refurbished so as long as they are not totally knackered then they would be fine.

Anyone got a set stashed away anywhere?

http://www.histowheels.com/Cromodora/Cromodora-CD-26/

Tom
Title: Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: popik81 on February 03, 2013, 10:58:31 PM
http://www.ebay.it/sch/i.html;jsessionid=93D035B8BBB1F35E5A95DAFF15FEC10D?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=cromodora&_nkwusc=cromodorra&_rdc=1
Title: Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: Amateb8 on February 04, 2013, 06:25:53 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cromodora-CD39-magnesium-wheels-abarth-fiat-128-x19-124-131-race-slicks-rally-/181072569911?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item2a28c42637
Title: Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: Kent126 on February 04, 2013, 08:11:04 PM
Thanks guys. I was looking at ebay Italy also, but the postage could be horrendous. There is some good stuff on there though.

I also saw those wheels on eBay UK, but i suspect he wants fairly near the £700 mark for them which is far too much for me.

I am still looking specifically for CD 26 if I can find them

Tom
Title: Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: 124cso on February 14, 2013, 06:32:15 AM
Grrrrrrrrrr !

I had a set of those with good Michelin tires on them, with hubcaps, for sale a couple of years back and nobody wanted them. Think I got about 60 for the set in the end. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Title: Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: Kent126 on February 20, 2013, 11:01:42 AM
Grrrrrrrrrr !

I had a set of those with good Michelin tires on them, with hubcaps, for sale a couple of years back and nobody wanted them. Think I got about 60 for the set in the end. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr


Always the way though! :-(
Title: Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: Amateb8 on March 16, 2013, 07:27:06 PM
This could be the one!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-CROMODORA-CD30-ABARTH-FIAT-X1-9-124-ALPHA-LANCIA-ORIGINAL-/181101803841?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item2a2a823941
Title: Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: gason on March 20, 2013, 09:04:37 PM
will they fit a 126 though , I wish there was a list and some decent pictures as I am after a set but dont want to pay an arm and a leg  ;D , I would have had those minilites and tyres or similar
Title: Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: 124cso on March 21, 2013, 01:19:35 AM
will they fit a 126 though , I wish there was a list and some decent pictures as I am after a set but dont want to pay an arm and a leg  ;D , I would have had those minilites and tyres or similar

I think you will find they are all too wide. You are going to a 13" so the tires are going to be bigger diameter and a lot wider so you will lose turning circle and they will eventually bottom out on the guards on bumps. And then there is the MOT !
Probably the best option is CD39s or similar off a 128 saloon as they were only 4 1/2' wide but rarer than hen's teeth.
Title: Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: gason on March 21, 2013, 10:54:43 PM
Just another option to add to the list  ;D
Title: Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: Amateb8 on March 30, 2013, 04:48:03 PM
Cromodora or this lovely specimen.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMOOR-ROADSTER-7X13-FELGEN-CERCHI-WHEELS-VW-FIAT-127-128-A112ABARTH-4x98-NEW-/200908043653?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item2ec70d7585
Title: Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on March 30, 2013, 05:05:27 PM
The wheels Amateb8 put up will be 15mm closer to the middle of the car, and 35mm further out.

Marc
Title: Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: Kent126 on March 31, 2013, 10:34:14 PM
will they fit a 126 though , I wish there was a list and some decent pictures as I am after a set but dont want to pay an arm and a leg  ;D , I would have had those minilites and tyres or similar

I think you will find they are all too wide. You are going to a 13" so the tires are going to be bigger diameter and a lot wider so you will lose turning circle and they will eventually bottom out on the guards on bumps. And then there is the MOT !
Probably the best option is CD39s or similar off a 128 saloon as they were only 4 1/2' wide but rarer than hen's teeth.

Which wont be helped by the fact my car will be lowered by 3cm too with my new sports suspension! :-S

This could prove problematic.

So, you have seen people 'banding' their wheels, what about reducing them by cutting a band out?

Tom
Title: Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on March 31, 2013, 10:56:22 PM
will they fit a 126 though , I wish there was a list and some decent pictures as I am after a set but dont want to pay an arm and a leg  ;D , I would have had those minilites and tyres or similar

Working on the list at the minute. Working through a list of 250 potential cars which have workable PCD, now sorting through offset, width and centre bore.
Taking a while as have been doing something secret at the same time.

Marc
Title: Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: kev126 on April 01, 2013, 11:30:48 AM
Banding is commonly done only on steel wheels, chopping up alloy whes is possible but finding someone who would do the work would be a NIGHTMARE and cost a nightmare as well.
Title: Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: 124cso on April 01, 2013, 11:06:25 PM

 wont be helped by the fact my car will be lowered by 3cm too with my new sports suspension! :-S

This could prove problematic.
EXTREMELY so I would imagine. You will find that even with 13" rims, the selection of tire profiles available will be very limited. You'll be looking for a 145 or 155(max) 50 or 45 profile ! Good luck finding that!
Title: Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: dajwid on April 02, 2013, 06:52:57 AM


So, you have seen people 'banding' their wheels, what about reducing them by cutting a band out?

Tom
[/quote]

Many use the skinny spare wheels too. The space saver wheels. Always very cheap to buy.
Title: Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: thepuddlejumper on April 02, 2013, 12:41:04 PM
Some banded wheel specialists,

http://www.bandedsteels.com/

http://www.alonzecustom.co.uk/steel-wheel-banding.php

http://www.bandedsteelwheels.co.uk/#

Hope this helps.

Ralph
Title: Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: kev126 on April 02, 2013, 01:00:42 PM
Alonzecostom are the best. They also helped sponsor a friends charity via car clubs too. They are very good.

I so remember seeing some banded lada rims in eBay too. But they are a rip off considering condition and specs.
Title: Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: Amateb8 on May 19, 2013, 12:08:15 AM
Another nice Cromodora alloys, but a bit pricey.

ABARTH FIAT 124 131- 4 WHEEL CROMODORA CD30 ABARTH 13 '' x 5.5 ''

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ABARTH-FIAT-124-131-4-WHEEL-CROMODORA-CD30-ABARTH-13-x-5-5-/271201876096?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item3f24e43880
Title: Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: 1973/126 on May 19, 2013, 07:58:16 AM
 Yes a "bit" pricey and in Portugal ;D
Title: Re: WANTED: CROMODORA CD26 FERGAT 13" MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS
Post by: Kent126 on May 31, 2013, 10:42:37 PM
Change of plan. No longer required.