Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: Geo111 on December 27, 2012, 06:22:58 PM

Title: Starter Motor
Post by: Geo111 on December 27, 2012, 06:22:58 PM
Hi All,

Looking for a working starter motor, Mine has given up the ghost and quotes to fix have been OTT.

Look forward to hearing from you
Title: Re: Starter Motor
Post by: Geo111 on December 28, 2012, 06:32:11 PM
I should add I am happy with any sort, its for a bis engine but happy fitting the old style pull cord one.
Title: Re: Starter Motor
Post by: Kent126 on December 28, 2012, 10:34:43 PM
It should be cheaper to have it fixed then replace it surely!?

Tom
Title: Re: Starter Motor
Post by: Geo111 on December 29, 2012, 08:55:57 AM
Thanks Kent

Yes and No,

I am looking into both avenues at the moment and I have seen second hand ones in the past sell for cheaper than a refurb cost.

so looking down both alley ways,

However If you know a good Refurb place please let me know, (kent I am local to you so somewhere around us so I don't have to pap P&P would be amazing)

Cheers
Title: Re: Starter Motor
Post by: wsmitwil on December 29, 2012, 09:33:17 AM

Hi just in case, there is someone who races 126 bis and has some cars lying round he might have one I've had stuff of him before I don't know his number but here's a link to a recent eBay listing if it helps

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300804824499?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 ;D
Title: Re: Starter Motor
Post by: Kent126 on January 02, 2013, 04:15:13 PM
I have one but it is an old one, and it is knackered. I am looking to get it refurbished to use on my car. If I find a good place locally, I will let you know  :D

Tom
Title: Re: Starter Motor
Post by: 1973/126 on January 02, 2013, 05:30:25 PM
 This is a good place. Might be worth a shot.

 http://www.ikent.co.uk/profile/228073/Tunbridge-Wells/Curd-Bros/

 One of the guys working there used to have a 126.

 I possibly have a working spare one, but I`ll have to check.
 
Title: Re: Starter Motor
Post by: Kent126 on January 02, 2013, 06:40:02 PM
Either there or here;

Just been quoted £30 to have  existing starter motor reconditioned, + £10 next day delivery. Im assuming if you dont need it in a hurry delivery will be cheaper;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FULLY-RECONDITIONED-STARTER-MOTOR-ANY-MAKE-AND-MODEL-/281044660431?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFiat%7CModel%3A126&hash=item416f9130cf

Auto Fix
Unit 11
Carluke Street
Blackburn
Lancashire
BB1 3JR

01254 447911
07525 353008

Tom
Title: Re: Starter Motor
Post by: bis13 on January 02, 2013, 07:18:50 PM
Hi all i ve used the Curd Brothers before and they are top notch i would go with these people every time.
Title: Re: Starter Motor
Post by: Kent126 on January 22, 2013, 04:00:56 PM
How much do curd brothers cost to recondition a starter motor?

Tom