Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: Amateb8 on December 03, 2012, 09:53:34 PM

Title: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: Amateb8 on December 03, 2012, 09:53:34 PM
Looks quite salvageable.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-126-SALOON-/160934158316?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item25786c5fec
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: popik81 on December 03, 2012, 11:46:13 PM
very nice... if you have heated garage... ideal winter project....
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: Seabee1978126 on December 04, 2012, 12:04:38 PM
I would love to buy that one! I wish people would ship their cars!!!
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: dajwid on December 04, 2012, 03:36:41 PM
Auction finished. The owner was informed that the car was worth a lot of money, so they decided to get a valuation done. 'Bugger I was bidding on that'.  :$
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: Kent126 on December 05, 2012, 08:42:12 AM
Probably £4,000 or £5,000 max in mint condition, but it was obvious it wouldn't go cheap. Can't be many 1973 ones left now. Nice find though. There will definitely be a bum fight it this re-appears on ebay!

It probably has also dropped off the DVLA register and PNC as it has been garaged for that long, which shows that DVLA records and how many eft arn't that accurate anyway.

Tom
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: 1973/126 on December 05, 2012, 09:23:56 AM
 I think 5k in a dream world.  The best 126 in UK sold for that sort of price which was absolutely immaculate, super low mileage and on the road(Greenfly).
 Some early cars made around £3-3.5k recently, but that`s with MOT-TAX and all ready to go.
 This one will surely need a fair amount of work being stored for such a long time(since 1987 according to DVLA), but will be a nice project for someone.
 As to price as it is it all down to condition and how much work it will need, but from one photo you can`t really tel much...
 
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: Bar Vitelli on December 05, 2012, 12:07:00 PM
There will definitely be a bum fight it this re-appears on ebay!

Tom

I've just bought a family size pack of Heinz baked beans in readiness!   ;D
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on December 05, 2012, 01:02:31 PM
The first rule of Bum Fight Club is: You do not talk about Bum Fight Club. The second rule of Bum Fight Club is: You do not talk about Bum Fight Club. Third rule of Bum Fight Club: someone yells stop, goes limp, craps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule: no shirts, no shoes.  ;D
Gary , no shoes!  :o that will be you soon  :D
You could be digging yourself a Brad Pitt here  :P
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: dajwid on December 05, 2012, 03:57:09 PM
The car is back on Ebay but with a reserve this time. Will it reach the reserve? I doubt it as they have been told it is worth a fortune by someone, sadly no decent pictures added and no information at all about why it was off the road and not started for 30 years.

I hope it gets bought and finished and not sit and rot for another couple of years then sold as another unfinished project.





Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: Amateb8 on December 05, 2012, 09:32:24 PM
Now £410 and rising.
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: Kent126 on December 06, 2012, 08:26:27 AM
I have a feeling it wont reach the reserve price!

Tom
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: Kent126 on December 06, 2012, 08:30:36 AM
and Rusty you seem to know too much about bum fighting!  :$
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: ChrisRLewis on December 06, 2012, 09:15:46 AM
Where is the link for the ad on Ebay?  Done a search but can't find anything ::)
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: 1973/126 on December 06, 2012, 09:46:40 AM
 Here is the link.

 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-126-SALOON/160934950120?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=006&category=9886&cmd=ViewItem

 It`s listed in the wrong category.

 I asked the seller if I can go and see the car, but no reply whatsoever. A bit strange as anyone seriously interested willing to part with they money would probably want to inspect the car.
 
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: dajwid on December 06, 2012, 04:51:52 PM
I have asked questions no answer.
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: Kent126 on December 06, 2012, 07:12:01 PM
I have also emailed her a load of question also and got no answer.

Very weird.

Tom
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: Amateb8 on December 06, 2012, 07:28:23 PM
I did not realize the car is in London. Might view it. Contacted seller.
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: dajwid on December 06, 2012, 08:45:56 PM
good luck she does not reply to requests for viewing.
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: Bar Vitelli on December 06, 2012, 09:57:05 PM
I'd love to buy this car.

It's related to my favourite blue car.

I'd even pay up to £500 without viewing and take a risk.  8)

But to pay more without seeing it or without even any more pictures does not make sense.  ???

The last car I bought unseen was a bargain until I opened the door and found it did not have a floor.  :o

Even paying more does not make sense if it needs loads of work but for the chance to reunite my favourite blue car with a long lost family member I probably would - but only if I could view it first.  :(

It will be interesting to see how the auction goes - but on a positive - how fantastic that there is another of our wonderful cars out there hidden away in a garage somewhere.  ;D  I wonder how many more are out there...





Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: Kent126 on December 07, 2012, 06:29:06 PM
The reserve is set at £2,000 for this car!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o

and still no answer to emails or phone calls!!!!!

Tom
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: Bar Vitelli on December 07, 2012, 07:36:36 PM

I guess it will all happen in the last few days of the auction so be prepared...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BUMFIGHTS-Cause-for-Concern-Volume-1-DVD-Ruckus-Film-Ryan-McPhernson-BUM-FIGHTS-/310515466125?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item484c29ff8d#ht_395wt_1033

 :$
Title: Re: 1973 Fiat 126 for restoration
Post by: Kent126 on December 07, 2012, 07:44:22 PM
Might buy a copy of that DVD!  ;D

Tom