Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: dajwid on November 17, 2012, 04:59:55 PM

Title: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: dajwid on November 17, 2012, 04:59:55 PM
wanted, working aircooled gearbox Gearbox. May consider a dead complete one as I can repair then do a straight swap.

At a pre Chrismas price please.
Title: Re: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: Bar Vitelli on November 17, 2012, 06:31:35 PM
There's a few on eBay right now, one at a starting price of £15 in Cleveland and I think 1973/126 may also have a couple for sale as well...
Title: Re: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: dajwid on November 18, 2012, 02:55:07 PM
One on Ebay for £150 but he (a club member) won't budge on price, not even for other club members.  :cry: Plus the usual couple for £500 pounds each  ::)

Car now off the road until sorted. Maybe the best way is to buy a cheap Polish 126 and break it, or give up completely, which at the moment is how I feel to be honest.

Title: Re: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: KAL SPL on November 18, 2012, 03:06:58 PM
I have a spare 1 haha
Title: Re: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: Bar Vitelli on November 18, 2012, 04:12:33 PM

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-500-FIAT-126-GEARBOX-ONLY-15-START-NO-RESERVE-AIR-COOLED-2-CYLINDER-MODEL-/281023820198?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item416e5331a6#ht_534wt_1060

Ey up, Dajwid, is this one any good? 

Assuming it is he's even offering delivery anywhere in the UK for £19.99. 

Sounds a decent enough chap, if you call hime he might even do one of those Buy it Now things?

What I've learnt about Fiat 126 is that if you don't give up on them they don't give up on you!  They can be costly at times but every time the engine starts it makes it all worthwhile!
Title: Re: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: dajwid on November 18, 2012, 04:23:50 PM
I have contacted the guy, waiting for him to get back to me.

The sad part is these are about £15.00 each in Poland, as one member knows very well  ??? ::)

If I can't get sorted I will fly over after Christmas and get one sent back.






Title: Re: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: Bar Vitelli on November 18, 2012, 04:46:43 PM
Good for you!

I might need a Poland trip myself soon, I've got 3 Fiat 126 now and I've started to do a restoration of a 4th (very rare Fiat 126) car that is going to need some parts and panels. 

I hear people talk about Poland all the time, what's the best place to go if I do trip over?

Title: Re: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on November 18, 2012, 06:42:12 PM


I hear people talk about Poland all the time, what's the best place to go if I do trip over?



I have heard that there are some good clubs and bars in most cities  :P
Title: Re: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: dajwid on November 18, 2012, 06:56:49 PM
I lived in the tricity area Gdansk, Gdynia, Sopot, but spent time all over, Krakow I found too touristy, Warsaw, not too much to see apart from the old town.

I will be flying to Gdansk for a long weekend, Hopefully with a very heavy bag :-) Return flight at the moment for begining of December is £33.43 !!!!
I planned this anyway before the 'dead gearbox' saga.
Title: Re: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: Amateb8 on November 18, 2012, 07:04:34 PM
1973/126 travels to Poland quite a bit. Probably worth contacting Ladislav as well, it might save you a trip to Poland.
Title: Re: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: Bar Vitelli on November 18, 2012, 07:08:10 PM
Cheers chaps, I can pitch as a treat trip for the missus and stock up on stuff whilst I'm there!

Title: Re: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: Amateb8 on November 18, 2012, 07:18:22 PM
Cheers chaps, I can pitch as a treat trip for the missus and stock up on stuff whilst I'm there!

You and I are obviously 126 fanatics given the number of 126's in our respective stables. We should plan a trip to Poland to buy and stock up on spare parts! We can invite 173/126, as I am sure he has many contacts there.
Title: Re: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: dajwid on November 18, 2012, 07:35:54 PM
I though he was Slovakian  ???
Title: Re: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: Bar Vitelli on November 18, 2012, 08:02:57 PM
I like the sound of a group trip to Poland on one of those low cost flights to stock up (and maybe have a couple of drinks as well!)
Title: Re: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: Amateb8 on November 18, 2012, 08:07:22 PM
He is indeed. The group can hop into a plane or drive. Perhaps the latter is too long.
Title: Re: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: dajwid on November 18, 2012, 08:13:55 PM
Gdansk airport is about 15-20 min bus ride from the airport or about £10.00 taxi if you are feeling flush.

The Fiat 126 shop is a 10 min bus/train trip from centre.

Hotels anything from the local YHA place up to 5 star. (I will be cheating as have family, friends in town)

I am sure it would be easy to meet up with the local, slightly mad 126 racing guys if you were interested.
I am sure it could be arranged.
Title: Re: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: dajwid on November 19, 2012, 06:59:50 PM
 :D ;D :o HAPPY ME  :o ;D :D

Just bought a 126 aircooled gearbox 'buy now' on Ebay for £50 and it is only in Norfolk.

Now I hope that t works OK  ??? ::)

Title: Re: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: Bar Vitelli on November 19, 2012, 07:10:29 PM
Well done, Dajwid!  £50 sounds a bargain - we might need to redirect the 'group trip' over that way!

Good luck with the fix - it wil all be worth it once you get it going again!
Title: Re: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: Seabee1978126 on November 20, 2012, 09:45:03 AM
Im trying to find a new or rebuit gearbox here in Sicily... My 1st and reverse are making all sorts of terriable noises, slipping out, harder and harder to get in!!! :o Ive heard that its common though and you can find a 1st and reverse repair kit for around 130 euro here... Im still looking for a 2nd gearbox though. ::)
Title: Re: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: Tomasz on November 23, 2012, 04:38:46 PM
Only just read this thread but let me know if it isnt ok as I think I have at least one knocking around somewhere.
Title: Re: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: dajwid on November 23, 2012, 05:15:03 PM
Thanks a million Tomasz, I will let you know what this one is like.
Title: Re: Wanted Pretty please.
Post by: popik81 on November 30, 2012, 01:45:53 AM
a few days ago, my dad bought me a 1st gear for 88pln...(less like 20pounds)