Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: Amateb8 on August 02, 2012, 10:39:37 PM

Title: 1983 CLASSIC FIAT 126 BROWN
Post by: Amateb8 on August 02, 2012, 10:39:37 PM
Is this an original Fiat 126 Brown. It looks great! 99p starting price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1983-CLASSIC-FIAT-126-BROWN-/271029398324?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f1a9c6b34
Title: Re: 1983 CLASSIC FIAT 126 BROWN
Post by: Bar Vitelli on August 02, 2012, 10:43:43 PM
Oh no!  I was hoping no one would notice...I've just put a bid in...it looks mint! I'll probably lose out again...the last few cars I've been after have all ended early outside of eBay...
Title: Re: 1983 CLASSIC FIAT 126 BROWN
Post by: popik81 on August 02, 2012, 10:49:53 PM
perfect car... worth thousands.....
Title: Re: 1983 CLASSIC FIAT 126 BROWN
Post by: midvillesb on August 03, 2012, 01:19:14 AM
Wow - it's even browner than mine...

Tempted to have a bid myself but don't want to deprive the Vitelli fleet!
Title: Re: 1983 CLASSIC FIAT 126 BROWN
Post by: Bar Vitelli on August 03, 2012, 06:15:23 AM
...don't let me hold anyone back, as long as it goes to a good home I'll be happy, I've put a bid in but will probably be unable to bid what it's truly worth.  >:(
Title: Re: 1983 CLASSIC FIAT 126 BROWN
Post by: Amateb8 on August 03, 2012, 06:25:28 AM
I contacted the seller enquiring re MoT and service history or any documentation that supports the low mileage. Unfortunately, there is none. That said, the condition of the car looks great. I can only infer from its appearance, it was well looked after.
Title: Re: 1983 CLASSIC FIAT 126 BROWN
Post by: midvillesb on August 03, 2012, 08:31:31 AM
My wife would kill me if I ended up with another car, so I'm not really in the running.

As folk have commented on another recent thread, things seem to be very quiet on the buying front at the moment so perhaps this is the chance to nab a real bargain...
Title: Re: 1983 CLASSIC FIAT 126 BROWN
Post by: dajwid on August 03, 2012, 08:48:51 PM
Now over a grand with no MOT, I am suprised as a 1 owner car there is no history, to back up mileage.

I assume there is no MOT as he says the tyres are perished, so needs a set of tyres, also mentions brakes are not too good.

Title: Re: 1983 CLASSIC FIAT 126 BROWN
Post by: Amateb8 on August 03, 2012, 09:46:04 PM
Amazing! Nine days to go. It is now over £1K.
Title: Re: 1983 CLASSIC FIAT 126 BROWN
Post by: popik81 on August 03, 2012, 10:41:46 PM
i think polish lads bidding... this car when is perfect will round 2-2.500pounds in poland
Title: Re: 1983 CLASSIC FIAT 126 BROWN
Post by: dajwid on August 04, 2012, 03:15:36 PM
 ::)  you mean 2500 PLN
Title: Re: 1983 CLASSIC FIAT 126 BROWN
Post by: popik81 on August 04, 2012, 10:37:30 PM
no... last time when i seen brown was sell for 9.500pln on allegro but was in vgc....
Title: Re: 1983 CLASSIC FIAT 126 BROWN
Post by: Amateb8 on August 06, 2012, 07:40:03 PM
Looks like the seller found the logbook. So the mileage can now be verified.