Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: Amateb8 on July 23, 2012, 07:00:43 PM

Title: FIAT 126 BIKE ENGINED Z CAR - YAMAHA EXUP 1000cc - 155 BHP
Post by: Amateb8 on July 23, 2012, 07:00:43 PM
Here is a Yamaha 1000cc that actually works! Defintely a wolf in sheep's clothing. The bodywork is mint!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-126-CLASSIC-BIKE-ENGINED-Z-CAR-YAMAHA-EXUP-1000cc-155-BHP-/280927219314?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4168912e72
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIKE ENGINED Z CAR - YAMAHA EXUP 1000cc - 155 BHP
Post by: dajwid on July 23, 2012, 07:41:03 PM
It was up for sale a while ago, same wording.

I like the idea that a car looks stock, but then  :o.

many moons ago a friend had a V8 Minor, that looks standard. Ahhh they were the days.......
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIKE ENGINED Z CAR - YAMAHA EXUP 1000cc - 155 BHP
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on July 23, 2012, 08:03:58 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?f=23&t=1105277&nmt=RE%3A+Driven%3A+bike-engined+Fiat+126+Bis

Seen another vid of it, just can't remember where. Looks mad, good, but mad.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIKE ENGINED Z CAR - YAMAHA EXUP 1000cc - 155 BHP
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on July 23, 2012, 08:14:02 PM
He was looking for £9.995  :o
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIKE ENGINED Z CAR - YAMAHA EXUP 1000cc - 155 BHP
Post by: Amateb8 on July 23, 2012, 09:41:29 PM
I wonder what his insurance premium is like. Perhaps he did not bother tell the insurers. Just do not have an accident.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIKE ENGINED Z CAR - YAMAHA EXUP 1000cc - 155 BHP
Post by: Amateb8 on July 26, 2012, 10:21:56 PM
Now £3,400 and rising!
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIKE ENGINED Z CAR - YAMAHA EXUP 1000cc - 155 BHP
Post by: Amateb8 on July 29, 2012, 03:39:32 PM
If I was an engineer or a skilled mechanic or something and have the right tools and facilities, I would have no hesitation in buying this, but alas, I do not have any of the aforementioned.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIKE ENGINED Z CAR - YAMAHA EXUP 1000cc - 155 BHP
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on July 29, 2012, 05:19:37 PM
I am pretty sure all the major engineering is sorted.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIKE ENGINED Z CAR - YAMAHA EXUP 1000cc - 155 BHP
Post by: Amateb8 on July 29, 2012, 06:19:49 PM
With my Bis, I can live with its electrical and mechanical idiosyncracies because of its relative simplicity. But when someone changes the whole make up of the car, I would not have a clue if something went wrong. In addition, without the knowledge, I have also no idea whether the seller has made all the modifications correctly from the engineering point of view, which will make it safe to ride in and drive. As mentioned, if I had the skills I would know straigthaway, whether the car is fit for the road. If it was not, I would have the ability to put it right. It is a bit frustrating to say the least.

Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIKE ENGINED Z CAR - YAMAHA EXUP 1000cc - 155 BHP
Post by: 126blackbird on July 29, 2012, 06:55:25 PM
 What can one say about these type of cars.
 Not sure what else has been done to them, but to run that amount of power without serious mods to the brakes and suspension is asking for trouble. Dont think the standard tyres are up to the job either.
 So BEWARE
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIKE ENGINED Z CAR - YAMAHA EXUP 1000cc - 155 BHP
Post by: ronb1967 on August 03, 2012, 01:08:21 AM
i dont think this car has a reverse gear either
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIKE ENGINED Z CAR - YAMAHA EXUP 1000cc - 155 BHP
Post by: Amateb8 on September 28, 2012, 08:50:28 PM
It is back on ebay! I thought it sold.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIKE ENGINED Z CAR - YAMAHA EXUP 1000cc - 155 BHP
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on October 12, 2012, 05:33:12 PM
Someone who lives down my mums road has it, just seen it. The owner doesn't look happy.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIKE ENGINED Z CAR - YAMAHA EXUP 1000cc - 155 BHP
Post by: dajwid on October 12, 2012, 05:44:33 PM
That will wake up the whole of Hunstanton (if he ever gets it on the road and working properly)
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIKE ENGINED Z CAR - YAMAHA EXUP 1000cc - 155 BHP
Post by: Tomasz on October 31, 2012, 10:46:18 AM
Any more sightings of this car? Would be interesting to know if it works as well as it said it did. I would love to buy something like this just to keep for a little while. I would keep it as standard looking as possible but certainly upgrade the brakes and wheels (but still standard looking) and maybe add a roll cage.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIKE ENGINED Z CAR - YAMAHA EXUP 1000cc - 155 BHP
Post by: Amateb8 on October 31, 2012, 07:18:14 PM
It got sold on ebay for £3,751
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIKE ENGINED Z CAR - YAMAHA EXUP 1000cc - 155 BHP
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on October 31, 2012, 07:27:14 PM
Not seen it again, presume it is in the garage of the owner.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIKE ENGINED Z CAR - YAMAHA EXUP 1000cc - 155 BHP
Post by: Amateb8 on November 01, 2012, 11:57:01 AM
The seller was probably unhappy with the selling price, so made the last bid. I would not be surprise if the car pops up again soon.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIKE ENGINED Z CAR - YAMAHA EXUP 1000cc - 155 BHP
Post by: kev126 on November 01, 2012, 12:13:59 PM
Was the reserve met? I was told it wasn't
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIKE ENGINED Z CAR - YAMAHA EXUP 1000cc - 155 BHP
Post by: Amateb8 on November 01, 2012, 07:22:04 PM
I was one of the early bidders. As i lost the bid, the car appeared in the "Didn't Win" section. It did not say, "reserve not met".
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIKE ENGINED Z CAR - YAMAHA EXUP 1000cc - 155 BHP
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on November 07, 2012, 05:14:09 PM
It definitely sold, the buyer didn't look happy when I saw it though.