Club126UK
For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: dajwid on June 12, 2012, 06:40:02 PM
-
Does anyone know where I can get a Oxygen bottle refilled (Beergas) :headscratch:
Or know a friendly landlord that might swap an empty bottle for a full one (paid of course). :secret:
Not too far from Essex would be a huge plus.
I have a Mig, it came with a 'empty bottle'. I know I can buy the Halfords disposable ones, but would need to change over the connectors, and I already have valve and Gauges.
Any ideas, last time I welded was about 1980 :o so a bit out of practice. Really don't want to invest too much as want to have a go before blowing holes in my 126's floor. :-
-
Are you sure that you have got the right gas there mate ?
-
I know that Argon/oxy mix is better but for the little bit I will be doing just the (beergas) Oxygen should be good enough, so I am told.
I must admit when I welded (a while ago) it was gas welding and arc welding though.
-
Should be Co2 not oxygen ;-) no need for argon if you have a nice flow.
Those little halfords bottle only last a max of 15 mins if you have the right flow.
-
:$ CO2 :$ :shy:
-
I'm never borrowing your diving equipment :o
-
I'm never borrowing your diving equipment :o
:P
-
Go for nitrous oxide , your welding will be crap but with the flow turned up you will have a lot of fun trying ;D
-
Don't you just love it when everyone takes the biscuit :)
The pub gas is the stuff used to put the bubbles in your bath-sorry pepsi. This is what I used and it works well even on stainless steel. However finding some is hard. I had to purchase a bottle and then have it filled at a gas welding supplier at from what I remember cost me £40 or there about. ???
-
I have the bottle just need to find a 'friendly' ;) place that will fill it for me.
-
Doesn't the gas depend on the type of welding? MIG is commonly CO2 and oxy-acetylene uses Oxygen and acetylene.
My mate once used a CO2 fire extinguisher as he had run out of gas. It worked too.
-
That Irish / gas connection sparks a memory :o
I was visiting a mate in Westport , Co. Mayo and having a glass or two in John McGinn's bar. A man came in the bar appealing for help as his car had broken down outside. My pal Malc who is the most "naturaly born" mechanic I have ever known diagnosed a blocked carb and it needed a high pressure airline to blow it through. A little bit of head scratching then John McGinn came out with the Co2 bottle that he had disconnected from the Guiness pump ;D
A quick blow through, mate covered in petrol, then the guy was on his way :)
Guiness back on line so life went on !
-
Sometimes fire extinguisher refill companies will refill the pub type bottles, used to do it regular a few years ago.
-
try these people
www.adamsgas.co.uk they do non deposit gas.
-
these are the nearest stockists in your area senator welding & Engineering Supplies
Unit 20 Hedley Avenue
West Thurrock
Essex, RM20 4EL
0845 5197639
i would go for argon/co2 mix as it gives a cleaner weld and just a word of warning if you are using galzanized steel as a repair patch it gives off a poisonous gas!!