Club126UK

Members Misc => General Chatty Stuff => Topic started by: Rusty's Uncle on May 31, 2012, 09:34:55 AM

Title: Cop that !
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on May 31, 2012, 09:34:55 AM
Just got a nice letter from the Summary Justice Unit , Hampshire Constabulary to tell me that I was being prosecuted for doing 42 in a 30 limit.
After a bit of cussing I looked closer at the details.
The registration number was the one that used to be on my car about 8 years ago  :o
So I rang them up and had a chat. They had a look at the picture , said it was definately a Seat but it was bit bit blurred so the guy would get the film out for more checking and call me back. Half an hour later big apology.
Not only had they got the car model wrong but they also had the wrong registration  :o
Lucky speeding is not a hanging offence !
Title: Re: Cop that !
Post by: nrg19uk on May 31, 2012, 09:59:09 AM
Get it in writing any future problems then revert back to the letter bit like a get out of jail free card on a monopoly board lol
Title: Re: Cop that !
Post by: gsxr126 on May 31, 2012, 01:12:53 PM
So the same issues face our friends across the chanel. I had excatly the same problem with a plate that I had on my car about 6 years ago. Same story - had to fight it but I didnt get an apology ???

I recently got pulled over in my wifes honda, that we've owned for over ten years, by a police van and out came 4 coppers completely surrounding the car. I was asked how long I've owned the vehicle and I replied about ten years. They took my licence, checked it out and came back with a "sorry sir, our records indicate that this car is stolen, but your address matches the registered address for this car. You will need to address this problem with the RTA to avoid further issues". At that point I lost it a little and replied, "if you think I'm going to waste my time because of your beurocratic f#ck ups you can think again" (pretty good for me considering I have the foulest mouth this side of the southern hemisphere). The copper replied "you'll just get pulled over again" to which I replied, "you'll just get the same story from me again" and we havent been bothered again. >:(

I blame all this outsourcing crap. I once called 000, our emergency service, and was answered by someone in india :o :o :o unbelievable
Title: Re: Cop that !
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on May 31, 2012, 01:26:18 PM
I ended up in court a few times for not producing documents for cars, each time was due to the police writing the number plate down wrong, standard plates! They eventually got cautioned for harrasment.