Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: Blonde126 on May 13, 2012, 06:32:55 PM

Title: Poor car :(
Post by: Blonde126 on May 13, 2012, 06:32:55 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1990-FIAT-126-BIS-BARGAIN-NO-RESERVE-/320905939256?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4ab77c0938#ht_546wt_1185

Anyone willing to save it? Makes me sad because it looks exactly like my Bert when I first bought him :'( (although mine wasn't in as bad as condition as this)
Title: Re: Poor car :(
Post by: Amateb8 on May 13, 2012, 07:01:50 PM
Same colour as mine. The body shell do not look too bad. Definitely saveable. The interior is in v.g condition. Unfortunately, I already have three one of which is being restored.
Title: Re: Poor car :(
Post by: popik81 on May 13, 2012, 07:37:11 PM
need lot of work...
Title: Re: Poor car :(
Post by: ciaoflyer on May 13, 2012, 09:15:12 PM
Body looks ok, engine all over the place.....literally!
Title: Re: Poor car :(
Post by: Amateb8 on May 13, 2012, 09:32:49 PM
The car has no MoT history!

Perhaps this is marginally better. Also no MoT/service history.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200758428809&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123
Title: Re: Poor car :(
Post by: popik81 on May 13, 2012, 09:33:52 PM
Ciaoflyer you are a dreamer saw sheet? its better like abiella's but need good few hours(weeks) of work

Amateb8 dont need service history..... have to fix and check every think...
Title: Re: Poor car :(
Post by: bis13 on May 13, 2012, 09:46:02 PM
the red car looks okay enough from the pics the rear panel and tailgate can be fixed or replaced and if you insure full comp you will get a windscreen for £70 notes.
Title: Re: Poor car :(
Post by: 1973/126 on May 17, 2012, 07:06:29 AM
 I went to have a look at that red bis the other day as we were in the area. The floors looked pretty solid, but it`ll need a bit of welding at the front to the spare wheel well. Also had rust in some weird places, like above one of the rear lights was very crusty and than the standard places round the screen etc.
 Still not too bad if it goes cheap and if you willing to put some effort into it. I just don`t want any more projects.
Title: Re: Poor car :(
Post by: bis13 on May 17, 2012, 08:28:38 AM
its worth a couple of hundred just for the parts and like you say if you like digging out tin worm then it could be your cup of tea.
Title: Re: Poor car :(
Post by: Amateb8 on May 17, 2012, 06:42:16 PM
Ladislav,
Apart from the spare wheel well and the rust above the rear tail light, I noticed some rust below the front broken windscreen in the pictures. Was the rust bad? Was there other rust elsewhere? Where the sills solid? Did you check the condition of the interior? The seats were covered. I sent an email to the seller but had no response.
Title: Re: Poor car :(
Post by: 1973/126 on May 17, 2012, 07:03:42 PM
 To be honest I haven`t looked at it properly, as I`ve done my back in, so it was all kind of touchy feely ;D
 It`ll need a fair amount of work and it`s not a weekend project!
 The interior did look tidy enough.
 I only went to have a look at it, as I had an idea with my 903cc engine and thought it might be a contender, but it needs too much bodywork for what I wanted.
 
Title: Re: Poor car :(
Post by: Amateb8 on May 17, 2012, 07:07:04 PM
Many thanks. I might view it on Saturday, time permitting.