Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: Bar Vitelli on May 06, 2012, 11:23:17 AM

Title: eBay Italy
Post by: Bar Vitelli on May 06, 2012, 11:23:17 AM
I've seen something beautiful and Fiat 126 related on eBay Italy but when I try and make an offer it comes back with this message and does not let me make a bid - does anyone know what it means and what I need to do to get my offer accepted?

Offerta massima - Immetti un importo valido per la tua offerta massima.  ???

The price I have offered is 69 EUR and the postage (as far as I can tell is 50 EUR).

Any advice much appreciated.
Title: Re: eBay Italy
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on May 06, 2012, 11:41:00 AM
Google translator says "Maximum bid - Enter a valid amount for your maximum bid"
Title: Re: eBay Italy
Post by: Bar Vitelli on May 06, 2012, 11:46:25 AM
Thanks, Marc, just figured it out, I was using a dot between the numbers instead of a comma ie 69.00 instead of 69,00...very excited, eBay Italy is amazing (but far too tempting!)  :good:

Title: Re: eBay Italy
Post by: ChrisRLewis on May 06, 2012, 12:59:24 PM
If you are struggling with foreign language web sites, download Google Chrome. Google Chrome translates foreign web-pages into English at a touch of a button :)
Title: Re: eBay Italy
Post by: Amateb8 on May 06, 2012, 01:43:30 PM
I agree. Italian Ebay is great. A lot more 126 parts on auction. I bought quite a few there but oftentimes, postage and packaging are too expensive. Beware, some sellers just refuse to sell to international buyers. There was one instance, when I bid for a lovely Fiat 600D, one owner, in immaculate condition. After the seller noticed that I was an international bidder, the seller sent me an email, saying that the seller would rather keep the car in Italy!

Also try the German ebay. Loads of interesting stuff there as well. They seem to be more geared up to international buyers.
Title: Re: eBay Italy
Post by: 1973/126 on May 07, 2012, 08:09:08 PM
 Garry you gonna tel us what this beautiful 126 related item is, or is it a secret?
Title: Re: eBay Italy
Post by: Bar Vitelli on May 07, 2012, 09:36:16 PM
It's beautiful, I've started calling it 'my prescious' like Smiegel from Lord of the Rings... :o

Auction closes tomorrow will ping you the link if I am successful (!!)  ;D
Title: Re: eBay Italy
Post by: Bar Vitelli on May 09, 2012, 08:25:42 PM
Hey, Ladislav, I won my auction!  I'm a bit too embarassed to admit what I've bought, it's posh...but not as posh as what somone else has just listed on eBay UK...wish I had some cash left (!!)   8)
Title: Re: eBay Italy
Post by: 1973/126 on May 09, 2012, 09:25:09 PM
 Come on Garry tell us what you bought.

 You know, you`ll get a very good discount off me on those posh bits if you interested!
Title: Re: eBay Italy
Post by: michaelodonnell500 on May 09, 2012, 09:31:54 PM
my guess:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Coperchio-punterie-500-126-ABARTH-valve-cover-fiat-/280713451301?pt=Ricambi_automobili&hash=item415bd35725
Title: Re: eBay Italy
Post by: Bar Vitelli on May 09, 2012, 09:33:35 PM
Try not to laugh...I know I overpaid (badly) and that it's a non essential purchase with money I've not got (tinned food for the rest of the month!) but it's Fiat 126 branded and specifically made to fit in the boot!  Anyway, I'll need something to put my stuff in when I travel to Retro Rides (!!)  :$

http://www.ebay.it/itm/VALIGIA-FIAT-126-NUOVA-MARCA-PATTY-E-ALTRI-RICAMBI-DEPOCA-/221012183422?pt=Ricambi_automobili&hash=item33755a497e
Title: Re: eBay Italy
Post by: Amateb8 on May 09, 2012, 09:37:22 PM
I actually alomost bought one some time ago but realised it will not fit the Bis. BTW, the Fiat 126 pictured appears to have a rectangular hole under the bumper ?
Title: Re: eBay Italy
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on May 09, 2012, 09:37:54 PM
It's nice, if you're happy with what you paid, cool
Title: Re: eBay Italy
Post by: dajwid on May 09, 2012, 09:45:31 PM
Many moons ago on the forum someone had one of these cases for sale. I think he wanted about £40 if I remember right. That was about 6 ish years ago. so they are scarce certainly didn't overpay.

(Not for a real 126 handbag)  ;D

 
Title: Re: eBay Italy
Post by: michaelodonnell500 on May 09, 2012, 09:45:42 PM
I made the mistake of looking in car parts!
Not a bad rice for a nice finishing touch
Title: Re: eBay Italy
Post by: michaelodonnell500 on May 09, 2012, 09:46:37 PM
I made the mistake of looking in car parts!
Not a bad rice for a nice finishing touch
not a bad price, not sure what rice has to do with this!
Title: Re: eBay Italy
Post by: Bar Vitelli on May 09, 2012, 09:50:57 PM
Thanks, I like it, there's another one for sale, it's used (mine is new!), a better picture though...with 126 on it!

http://www.ebay.it/itm/FRP-VALIGIA-VIAGGIO-FIAT-126-EPOCA-case-object-/390148249749?pt=Ricambi_automobili&hash=item5ad6a5d895

Not as posh as what someone else (from Tunbridge Wells) has just listed on eBay UK though...if only I had some cash left (!!)
Title: Re: eBay Italy
Post by: 1973/126 on May 09, 2012, 10:24:53 PM
 Oooh I like that a lot. That is fab!

 I actually bought that one listed on here few years ago, sent the cheque in the post, but wasn`t able to collect it, the guy woldn`t post it and wasn`t too cooperative. Shame :cry:
Title: Re: eBay Italy
Post by: Bar Vitelli on May 23, 2012, 08:44:00 PM
It's arrived!  ;D

I was beginning to worry because it took so long but well worth waiting for!  Very big, just need a trip now so I can use it (!!)

PS

The chaps got another for sale, but he's upped his postage (think he made a loss) so it looks quite pricey, but very nice to have and a piece of Fiat 126 history!  ;D