Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: Abiella on May 05, 2012, 05:23:57 PM

Title: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: Abiella on May 05, 2012, 05:23:57 PM
I have a burst Tyre and the spare has huge cracks on the side... Illegal and Dangerous but so far all the 125 R 12 tyres I have found are very expensive! (Axel Gerstl £56. & Ricambio £69.) not including postage. has anyone found a cheap supplier? or has anyone got any for sale?
Thanks.
Abi
Title: Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: Bar Vitelli on May 05, 2012, 05:44:53 PM
Hi Abiella, are these any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/135-70-13-1357013-DEBICA-TYRES-FIAT-126-CINQUECENTO-LIGIER-AIXAM-MICROCAR-/230783546559?pt=UK_Cars_Tyres_RL&hash=item35bbc574bf
Title: Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: dajwid on May 05, 2012, 08:24:56 PM
13" needs 12"
Title: Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: Bar Vitelli on May 05, 2012, 08:47:51 PM
 :oops:

Thanks, Dajwid, missed that.
Title: Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on May 05, 2012, 09:13:13 PM
125 R 12 is the size for the fiat 500 and they are expensive and hard to find. The size for the 126 is 135 R 12 which should be cheaper & easier to find. I have probably got some good used ones in my shed  :)
Title: Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: Abiella on May 06, 2012, 02:16:03 PM
Strange the ones on my car are 125 R 12's. will the 135 12's fit? It would be a lot easyer if they do. Might treat my self to some wide white walls if I can get some cheap tyres! :)
Title: Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: Amateb8 on May 06, 2012, 06:23:05 PM
Four tires 125 SR12 on ebay. Note the cavaet.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICHELIN-XZX-125-SR-12-SET-4-NEW-OLD-STOCK-PERIOD-TYRES-FIAT-500-/320896658592?pt=UK_Cars_Tyres_RL&hash=item4ab6ee6ca0
Title: Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on May 06, 2012, 06:47:49 PM
It is not a case of wether 135s will fit , they are the correct fitment for all 126 models up to the Bis which has 13" wheels. I would guess that running undersize tyres will make your insurance invalid  :$ :$
Title: Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: midvillesb on May 06, 2012, 10:45:07 PM
Try a search on mytyres.co.uk for 135/80 R12 - they're doing Debica Passios for £21.60 each.
Title: Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: Abiella on May 09, 2012, 12:28:22 PM
Ok, so the previous owner has put hard to find tyres that are too small on my car? haha.  well I'm relieved as 135's are cheaper and easyer to find. I have just checked my Mot and it is due tomorrow! so I better get those tyres today! and does anyone know of a thread that shows you how to re wire the horn? I will check the subscribers section too.
Thanks.
Title: Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: dajwid on May 09, 2012, 02:25:41 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/fiat-126-500-tyres-/130693406290?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item1e6def1e52#ht_500wt_1287

Be Quick :-)
Title: Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: Abiella on May 09, 2012, 03:58:30 PM
Thanks Dajwid, So cheap but so far away! I don't think I'll get to Northamptonshire anytime soon. :( I have been thinking that maybe the best thing to do is change my Steels to something that fits and takes a cheaper easier to find tyre size?
Cinqucento/minilite?
Title: Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: Abiella on May 09, 2012, 05:40:54 PM
So far I have found some minilite alloys with tyres and cheaper replica ones.
I thought I would just check ebay Italy and I have fallen in love with these... http://www.ebay.it/itm/RUOTE-WHEELS-FIAT-500-STORICA-PNEUMATICI-145-70-R12-/230787067006?pt=Ruote_Complete&hash=item35bbfb2c7e#ht_1923wt_698#

I really need to win the lottery. not even all of it... just about £1000 will do.
I don't think I'm going to be on the road for a while... no Mot and illegal tyres anyway is not a good idea.

If anyone spots anything... hears of anything or has some wheels for sale please let me know.
I could probably just about spend £275 if Tyres where inc.

thanks
Title: Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: midvillesb on May 09, 2012, 07:13:58 PM
Why not just get the standard 135 R12s put on your current wheels? Even with fitting, you should be able to get all 4 corners done with change from £150.

If mytyres doesnt have them in stock, try Oponeo - I paid just over £100 from them for 4 Debica Passios and they were delivered from Poland in 3 days.

Mike
Title: Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on May 09, 2012, 07:21:52 PM
I am still a bit shocked that someone fitted 125s on your car  :o I guess they must have inner tubes otherwise that is DANGEROUS+++++++++++
If you have £275 to squander then you should have no problem getting legal and splashing out on an MOT test as well !
You can fit any Fiat 98 pcd 12" or 13" with a tyre size up to 155 65 13 so 126 Panda Uno Cinquecento Seicento etc . If you are on a tight budget you can usualy pick up a set of Cinque alloys & legal tyres for £100 or less  :D
Title: Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: ciaoflyer on May 09, 2012, 07:43:41 PM
Four tires 125 SR12 on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICHELIN-XZX-125-SR-12-SET-4-NEW-OLD-STOCK-PERIOD-TYRES-FIAT-500-/320896658592?pt=UK_Cars_Tyres_RL&hash=item4ab6ee6ca0

Isn't this dodgy, tyres have a lifespan?
Title: Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: Abiella on May 09, 2012, 07:53:19 PM
Rusty they don't have inner tubes!  :o
Right I might just buy some 135 12's off tinternet now. Thanks!
Title: Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: Abiella on May 09, 2012, 07:55:41 PM
Four tires 125 SR12 on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICHELIN-XZX-125-SR-12-SET-4-NEW-OLD-STOCK-PERIOD-TYRES-FIAT-500-/320896658592?pt=UK_Cars_Tyres_RL&hash=item4ab6ee6ca0

Isn't this dodgy, tyres have a lifespan?

Yeah I think he says on the description that they should only be for show or low milage... No good for me going to Portugal!
Title: Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on May 09, 2012, 08:06:11 PM
Hope you never drove that car faster than 2 mph  :$
So here is a question for the experts , all of the 126s I have owned , apart from the Bis, had inner tubes fitted as standard. So did the later Polish models go tubeless ?
Title: Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: dajwid on May 09, 2012, 09:40:23 PM
My Polish 1986 has tubes.
Title: Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: Amateb8 on May 09, 2012, 09:54:00 PM
Strange. I thought car tires with inner tubes no longer existed. We had a Fiat 600D which had inner tubes but it was a 1962 model. We bought used steel rims from a Fiat 850 to go tubeless.
Title: Re: Dangerously in need of new tyres.
Post by: popik81 on May 10, 2012, 11:32:10 AM
my 86 was tubless as well...