Club126UK
For Sale & Wanted => For Sale: => Topic started by: cos124 on April 26, 2012, 09:34:43 AM
-
Ordered from a machine shop a few extra ones in aluminium, if anyone is in need of one of these. 5mm thk, in case anyone needs to thread for breather pipe. suitable for aircooled 126 or classic 500. Pm me
£6+ £1 for p&p to UK. If you need a gasket to go with it add another £1.80
-
a few plates still left. Will be going on ebay this weekend.
-
I would love one but will it fit the Bis?
-
no idea. Is the mechanical fuel pump flange the same on aircooled and Bis? Anyone out there know?
-
It looks similar but not sure....
-
have you got a spare pump or a spacer block off the engine? if so measure mounting hole distance. If it's 44mm then there is a chance it will be the same.
-
Save me one and I shall do it this weekend! ;)
-
No probs, let me know as soon as you've had the chance to measure yours
-
Do you still have one available? I'll be doing this job soonish, so the plate would be most handy!
Lina
-
sent you a pm
-
Save me one and I shall do it this weekend! ;)
did you get the chance to check if it fits the Bis model? I'm asking as i have a few more owners interested for my last few plates left. Let me know
-
On my last few, and i f you need a geasket add £1.50 to the total price
-
Just checked the flange on a Bis fuel pump and it is the same as the air cooled cars :)
-
thanks for the info Rusty, i hope you are keeping well.
-
anyone interested on the last couple of plates left? Let me know. Also i had a request from someone for a plate with a dash 10 fitting welded on for a breather. If anyone else is interested on a similar spec let me know.
-
Fits a treat on the BIS thanks! :)
-
THAT'S GREAT, MANY THANKS
-
anyone interested on the last 2 plates?
I had half a dozen more made due to additional requests!
-
one more left. Anyone?
-
made another small run of these blanking plates, i have 3 left, if anyone still needs one, let me know.
-
I will have one please :D
PM me the payment details and ill send the money when I finish work at 10pm tonight
Cheers 8)
-
Hi Kev, pm sent.
regards
-
Arrived safely. Thanks Cos! :D
-
thanks for letting me know, Kev
-
anyone for the last one from this batch?
-
1 plate left if anyone out there is in need of one...
-
hi, i made another run of 6 plates as every now and then i get a request for the odd one, and i have 3 plates with gaskets left for anyone interested.
-
Will have one with a gasket if they are still about, send me the details and I will send some money over.
Cheers
Marc
-
You'll have to forgive the ignorance but why do people swap to an electrical fuel pump? Is it to cure poor starting due to the fuel draining from the fuel lines back to the tank.
Keith
-
You'll have to forgive the ignorance but why do people swap to an electrical fuel pump? Is it to cure poor starting due to the fuel draining from the fuel lines back to the tank.
Keith
For the reason you mention and that the pumps can be very problematical, my last mech pump used to swap the send and return if it was started when hot, the one before was leaking petrol into the engine.
-
I fitted an electric pump on our Bis way back in 1991 . The original pump failed so I just got a Morris Minor electric pump out of my garage and installed that to get me back on the road.
The problem with the Bis is that the pumps are "sealed for life" units and you can't do anything with them. Most of the pumps fitted to the air cooled range can be refurbished and it is normaly only the diaphragm that fails . If you carry a spare it is quite an easy roadside fix :)
Having said that I have got a blanking plate from Cos and also have a new electric pump just in case I feel like using one.
-
Its funny how fashion changes! At one time the mechanical fuel pumps were the solution to the breakdowns caused by the old style electric fuel pumps packing up. I guess with all new cars having electric pumps now the technology is somewhat better ;D My Spitfire had a rebuildable pump with a priming lever. That was great for getting fuel out for the mower!
Keith
-
pm sent Marc
-
Will have one with a gasket if they are still about, send me the details and I will send some money over.
Cheers
Marc
Hi Mark, do you still need one the plates? Not a problem if not. But i need to know as i'm on the last one
-
Yes, sorry forgot. Will sort it tomorrow
-
Yes, sorry forgot. Will sort it tomorrow
Ok mate, last one got your name on it.
-
Cheers, sent you a pm.
-
Hi I know it's an old thread it do you have anymore of these plates?cheers simon.
-
pm sent Simon
-
Thanks cos just replied.
-
hi all, made a small batch of plates upon request and have just 1 plate with gasket left. If anyone is interested please pm or reply to this post.
regards