Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: 1973/126 on April 25, 2012, 04:17:37 PM

Title: Another beautiful 126.
Post by: 1973/126 on April 25, 2012, 04:17:37 PM
 It just shows there are still some stunning 126s tucked away.
 Already on £1700 and hasn`t met the reserve yet :o
 
 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110868128379?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1202
Title: Re: Another beautiful 126.
Post by: Kent126 on April 25, 2012, 05:55:05 PM
OMG! Stunning!

Can someone please come and confiscate my laptop until the auction ends?

I need to finish my new bathroom, and then this pops up! This could be a very testing few days! Arrrggghhh!

Someone please to god stop me bidding on this..........

Tom
Title: Re: Another beautiful 126.
Post by: dajwid on April 25, 2012, 08:58:31 PM
I thought it was Greenfly but it's not:

http://club126uk.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=5618.15
Title: Re: Another beautiful 126.
Post by: Kent126 on April 25, 2012, 09:03:35 PM
Guesses on final selling price?

Im going with £2,900 based upon current bidding.

Tom
Title: Re: Another beautiful 126.
Post by: drwheetos on April 25, 2012, 09:08:15 PM
£3500... :o
Title: Re: Another beautiful 126.
Post by: dajwid on April 25, 2012, 09:38:02 PM
I would also go for about £3500
Title: Re: Another beautiful 126.
Post by: midvillesb on April 25, 2012, 10:20:08 PM
What a beaut.  Got to be worth at least £3,500.

Wonder where the seller finds them, looking at his history he's got an impressive record of dry stored cars, including a Mini Cooper S with less than 300 miles on the clock which went for £13k!
Title: Re: Another beautiful 126.
Post by: Abiella on April 26, 2012, 03:20:09 PM
Looks like Green Fly! how lovely... I wish I won the lottery... the £10 I won on a scratch card the other day was nice but not quite enough. Hope who ever buys it comes on here.
Title: Re: Another beautiful 126.
Post by: Kent126 on April 26, 2012, 06:08:51 PM
Yeah, I have been reading up on barn finds and garage finds. If you have the time, patience and money then there is a real market for finding old cars.

In America they call it 'Automotive Archeology'. It could catch on here in the UK as a hobby, but it involves people actually going out wandering and looking for tucked away cars.

Anyway if you have the money and time like this guy does then its clearly worth doing.

Tom
Title: Re: Another beautiful 126.
Post by: Bar Vitelli on April 26, 2012, 06:52:59 PM
This ones, nice, 11,000 miles, but £5k?  :o

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C298673
Title: Re: Another beautiful 126.
Post by: dajwid on April 26, 2012, 07:07:22 PM
He had it on Gumtree for £7000 !!!

I contacted him as I thought it was £700 :$

I am sure he was told it is worth a fortune by someone.
Title: Re: Another beautiful 126.
Post by: Kent126 on April 29, 2012, 09:07:31 PM
It wont sell at 2,900 but im right on the money so far.  :$

Bet it doesnt sell now

Tom
Title: Re: Another beautiful 126.
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on April 29, 2012, 11:20:10 PM
It sold for £3,655.85  :o
Title: Re: Another beautiful 126.
Post by: Kent126 on April 29, 2012, 11:39:31 PM
loadsa money!

Tom
Title: Re: Another beautiful 126.
Post by: dajwid on April 30, 2012, 08:38:32 PM
£155.85 out  ;D