Club126UK
Fiat 126 Chat => Your Restorations => Topic started by: thepuddlejumper on April 23, 2012, 07:13:38 PM
-
Sunday was a warmish dry day so I decided to fill the plastic side panel holes in the door and wings. Noticed a small hole in the top of the cill, thought no big deal just weld it up. It was larger than it looked, put my hand on the cill to get up and my fingers disapeared into the under side. Out with the screwdriver approx 80% gone. The only bit left is full of filler I will need to check the car thoroughly to see how many more bodged jobs I can find. I have a load of replacement panels for some mods so will have to start the work sooner than I had intended. I will have it ready for Retro Rides.
Ralph
-
Hi Ralph,
It seems that the rust proofing only applies to the outside of the body panels :D and not to the inside of the panels, Hence they tend to rust from the inside out ;D Keep up the good work and look forward to meeting up again at RR.