Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: dajwid on April 22, 2012, 03:36:02 PM

Title: new RHD headlights
Post by: dajwid on April 22, 2012, 03:36:02 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130684910785?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1156

There was a buy now for £80 !!!!! A bargain, but someone bid so that was lost. Amazed whoever it was didn't simply click buy now  :o

I bet they go for more than the 80 they were asking ;D
Title: Re: new RHD headlights
Post by: Amateb8 on April 22, 2012, 04:59:15 PM
It might, however, there was a 126 headlight (not a pair), one of those new "old" stock that sold for about £15 recently from ebay.
Title: Re: new RHD headlights
Post by: dajwid on April 22, 2012, 05:01:41 PM
I can recall a pair selling for £90 a couple of years back, about a year ago pair sold for £70.

They are getting tougher and tougher to find.

Title: Re: new RHD headlights
Post by: stuey on April 22, 2012, 07:53:00 PM
I was the buffon who paid £90- they where local so I could avoid postage so I was happy to pay that amount...
Title: Re: new RHD headlights
Post by: dajwid on April 22, 2012, 09:01:45 PM
I was the buffon who paid £90- they where local so I could avoid postage so I was happy to pay that amount...

To be honest, that is what they are worth. Have you seen the price of some of the sealed beam units for 'modern' cars?

Friend recently spent £200 on a used headlight for a BMW  :o
Title: Re: new RHD headlights
Post by: Amateb8 on April 22, 2012, 09:41:27 PM
The bid price is rapidly rising. Now £32.
Title: Re: new RHD headlights
Post by: Bar Vitelli on April 22, 2012, 09:51:49 PM
My guess (and it is a guess) is that they will go for £96.00... :o
Title: Re: new RHD headlights
Post by: Amateb8 on April 22, 2012, 10:21:05 PM
£44......... I'd love to have new headlights on my 126 but the bid price is getting crazy.
Title: Re: new RHD headlights
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on April 22, 2012, 10:32:07 PM
I don't think it is too bad a price, I would have paid that for one new one a couple of months ago if I had the money then. There might be a few more sets coming out of the woodwork though, I got a letter in practical classics this month highlighting how hard they have become to find, assume this set appearing could be to do with that. The more that appear, the cheaper they should get.
I think £30 is the least I would expect to pay for a new unit for any car.
Title: Re: new RHD headlights
Post by: ciaoflyer on April 22, 2012, 10:56:10 PM
(http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d18/ciaoflyer/headlights.jpg)

 8) 8)
Title: Re: new RHD headlights
Post by: Amateb8 on April 23, 2012, 07:40:38 PM
It is gone!
Title: Re: new RHD headlights
Post by: dajwid on April 23, 2012, 07:42:28 PM
Someone got a bargain, or made a offer too good to resist. whoever bid first must be kicking themselves they did not just click the buy now button.