Club126UK
For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: puck304 on February 16, 2012, 12:28:14 PM
-
Hi, has any one a driver's seat belt stalk? I got one from a BIS from someone, but the clip is different, it doesn't work! Mine's an '84 aircooled.
Urgent as the wife uses the car and I don't want her getting a tug for not being able to use the belt!
Thanks
-
There were a couple of different types of seat belt fitted to the 126, I think they fitted what they had to hand so you need to identify what make you have to get the right part. If the good lady drives solo then you could swop the one over from the passenger side till you can get it sorted.
-
There's a child seat in the passenger seat, so that's not always possible!
-
OK so the ones on my cars are either maked SABELT with a release button on top or STIL ( made in Sweden apparently) with the release button on the front.
-
http://club126uk.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=6371.0
-
Thanks! ;)
-
Could you replace the belt with a BIS one? I may have a spare in the garage if you get stuck!
-
Don't mind, as long as I can get a working belt! The stalks seem to end up getting mangled and this one the mechanism's shagged. If you can help, that'd be great! What would you like for it? :)
-
I will check the garage tomorrow!
-
Ta very much!
-
OK so the ones on my cars are either maked SABELT with a release button on top or STIL ( made in Sweden apparently) with the release button on the front.
....and the NORMA brand as well (Made in USSR :D)