Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: ciaoflyer on February 08, 2012, 07:42:33 PM

Title: This is cheap but something is missing?
Post by: ciaoflyer on February 08, 2012, 07:42:33 PM
Just bought a new for £100 then saw this but something is missing.......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-126-bis-exhaust-NEW-I-have-2-sell-another-next-auction-/200710384487?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ebb456b67
Title: Re: This is cheap but something is missing?
Post by: Pete126 on February 08, 2012, 08:00:01 PM
Someone has nicked the mounting brackets ;D
Title: Re: This is cheap but something is missing?
Post by: ciaoflyer on February 08, 2012, 08:11:32 PM
Someone has nicked the mounting brackets ;D

Correct!  Bit useless then really!
Title: Re: This is cheap but something is missing?
Post by: Amateb8 on February 10, 2012, 06:25:54 AM
Good spot! It is probably a reject after it went through the quality control phase. The worrying bit is, I did not spot it! Others may have been unaware of it as well and would have made a bid on it.
Title: Re: This is cheap but something is missing?
Post by: ciaoflyer on February 10, 2012, 09:06:49 AM
Spose you could cut off the old ones on you rusty exhaust and weld them on to the new one.........

Anyway the one I got off Ricambio seems much much better quality.


Now there is another from the same seller using the same pic!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-126-exhaust-NEW-/200711913861?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ebb5cc185
Title: Re: This is cheap but something is missing?
Post by: Amateb8 on February 11, 2012, 09:56:19 AM
On your new exhaust, try changing the exhaust end to a bigger diameter stainless steel pipe. I can't wait for my existing exhaust to go.
Title: Re: This is cheap but something is missing?
Post by: ciaoflyer on February 11, 2012, 07:04:17 PM
On your new exhaust, try changing the exhaust end to a bigger diameter stainless steel pipe. I can't wait for my existing exhaust to go.

Explain in more detail if poss?
Title: Re: This is cheap but something is missing?
Post by: Amateb8 on February 11, 2012, 07:57:06 PM
I was thinking of replacing the exhaust pipe end to stainless steel (with a larger diameter) of something similar. Perhaps the pipe do not need to be stainless steel but the pipe should be larger in diameter relative to the existing one which looks puny. Pete126 did something similar to his and it looks great. Check out the website below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/63mm-2-1-2-Aluminium-Alloy-Beaded-90-Degree-Hose-Elbow-/330591923900?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cf8d06ebc