Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: Lina on January 22, 2012, 01:32:14 PM

Title: Washer Pump
Post by: Lina on January 22, 2012, 01:32:14 PM
You know, the squishy, thumby, pressy thingy on the dash to make the squirters squirt... ;D

Yeah, one of those - if anyone has one, can you give me a shout please?

Lina
Title: Re: Washer Pump
Post by: Pete126 on January 22, 2012, 09:34:56 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-12v-WINDSCREEN-WASHER-BAG-KIT-NEW-/250915467636?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a6bba3174

 :P :P :P
Title: Re: Washer Pump
Post by: Lina on January 22, 2012, 10:36:50 PM
Dude, no! I've just spend 1/2 an hour putting new tubing in to the bag and up to the squirters, sucking washer juice (wow, it tastes bad!) up to the squishy thumby pump thingy, and ordered some very expensive (considering their size) chrome washer jets!!!  No way I'm gonna replace all that with something that's gonna work on that new-fangled magic called 'electricity'!! ;D

Seriously, just the pump bit is all that's needed now, every other bit inbetween washer juice bag and washer jets is new, so it's got to be that that's letting the side down! :D

Lina xxx
Title: Re: Washer Pump
Post by: Pete126 on January 23, 2012, 12:00:41 AM
Don't be afraid Lina, Electricity is your friend :P although I suppose the extra bit of exercise will keep you fit and healthy ;D
Title: Re: Washer Pump
Post by: Allan on January 23, 2012, 07:19:35 PM
Electrickery is your friend, but like some friends treat it badly and it will kill you.
Title: Re: Washer Pump
Post by: Lina on January 24, 2012, 09:30:36 PM
Nope.  Don't trust it.  It's for them there modern folk... Gonna see if I can hunt out a nice, reliable (as in I can rely on it not being reliable) thumb pressy thingy. ;D

Ricambio don't have one, so will try the nice chaps in Slovakia - wish me luck! :D

Lina
Title: Re: Washer Pump
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on January 24, 2012, 09:46:28 PM
Got one here LIna, pm me your address & will get it in the post  :)
Title: Re: Washer Pump
Post by: Lina on January 25, 2012, 07:35:18 PM
Ooooh, saved by Rusty, yet again!!  8) ;D

Lina
Title: Re: Washer Pump
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on January 25, 2012, 09:06:21 PM
Just me , the pump , the Royal Mail & you to get this sorted  ;)
Such a simple little item but just flooded the kitchen worktop testing out a couple  :$
Managed to ruin one by trying to clean it out as it seemed full of gunge but don't panic still got a good one to send  :D
Did you test your one off the car ? I found that a good way to do this was to totaly immerse it in clean water and squish the rubber bowl to see if it pumps from the longer outlet pipe connector.
I also checked the system on my car to confirm what I thought. At the end of the inlet pipe inside the washer bag there is a small filter which can clog but the filter also has a built in non-return valve which stops the washer fluid running back into the bag. That pipe connects to the shorter inlet pipe at the back of the pump.
Got your pm Lina so OK for the morning post  :)
Title: Re: Washer Pump
Post by: Lina on January 25, 2012, 09:29:54 PM
Er.... about that bit of pipe with the filter and non-return valve....  I guess I wasn't aware of that when I, er, replaced it with some of the new pipe I'd ordered...!  I'm pretty sure now that the bit of pipe I replaced went into the bin and the binmen have definitely collected...! D'oh!!  You don't also happen to have that bit either, do you???  Sorry!! 

I did wonder why it looked different to the rest of the piping...!

er, Lina  :$
Title: Re: Washer Pump
Post by: Lina on January 25, 2012, 09:31:41 PM
Oh, and as for testing the little pump on the dash - I didn't feel I really needed to, as it was soaking wet every time I used it...!  :o Spoke for itself!! :D

Lina
Title: Re: Washer Pump
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on January 25, 2012, 09:56:00 PM
Oh Lina  :o
Lina
Lina
Lina  :cry:

You are not supposed to throw the "Baby" out with the screenwash water  :$
Title: Re: Washer Pump
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on January 26, 2012, 04:59:49 PM
Ok so the pump is most likely alright so had a rummage in the screen washer department and found a NOS non-return valve and according to the time shown on my computer it is just about to be collected by the Royal Mail  :)
Title: Re: Washer Pump
Post by: Lina on January 28, 2012, 08:34:38 PM
Hhahahahahah!!!  okay, so I've received the non return valve, thanks Rusty!!

Will be fitting it tomorrow, although I'm still suspecting the pump... it does leak washer juice when  pumped!

Lina xxx
Title: Re: Washer Pump
Post by: Lina on January 29, 2012, 06:04:46 PM
Well, after lots of fiddling and mouthfuls of washer fluid, I now not only don't feel so good, but have definitely narrowed it down to the pump being at fault!

The non return valve has really helped to keep fluid in the pipe, but the pump has had it :(

Any chance of sending the one you initially dug out for me please???

Lina
Title: Re: Washer Pump
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on January 29, 2012, 09:27:44 PM
Lina , I think I got a glimpse into the future  ;D
I already packed the pump this morning. When you said you were getting wet from the pump I assumed you meant from water at the conections, which without the valve would just run back down. If you meant water leaking from the rubber push button then it is obviously knackered.
I will post the pump in the morning.