Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: shivayash on January 12, 2012, 08:10:39 AM

Title: a starter Fiat 126 - ideally in RHD (London but willing to travel)
Post by: shivayash on January 12, 2012, 08:10:39 AM
Hello chaps,

I am sure this post will be lost among all the other 'wants' for UK 126s but if anyone is selling up, I am keen to buy.

This will be my first classic Fiat - I've owned many cars in my time, of the Fiat variety only two, Uno (1988) and Panda (2007).

I am based in North London.

Best wishes,

Title: Re: a starter Fiat 126 - ideally in RHD (London but willing to travel)
Post by: Amateb8 on January 12, 2012, 12:55:18 PM
Is it for a Bis (watercooled) and aircooled version?
Title: Re: a starter Fiat 126 - ideally in RHD (London but willing to travel)
Post by: shivayash on January 15, 2012, 05:02:02 PM
I'd be happy with either - what are the pros and cons of each?

I think the BIS is newer - and 704cc - but obviously the aircooled is probably more reliable.

Best wishes,
Title: Re: a starter Fiat 126 - ideally in RHD (London but willing to travel)
Post by: dajwid on January 15, 2012, 05:16:30 PM
 ???
Oh no the Bis v Aircooled war begins :P

Welcome to the forum, Have a look at past posts on the subject, there are a lot :-)
Title: Re: a starter Fiat 126 - ideally in RHD (London but willing to travel)
Post by: Amateb8 on January 15, 2012, 05:50:44 PM
I own a Bis. I think the alternator set up of the Bis is different to that of the aircooled.
Title: Re: a starter Fiat 126 - ideally in RHD (London but willing to travel)
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on January 15, 2012, 09:20:24 PM
I own a bicycle and there are fairies at the bottom of my garden  :P :o :P

Angelo there is a subtle difference between a starter Fiat 126 and a Fiat 126 starter  :$

Good luck in your search mate  ;D
Title: Re: a starter Fiat 126 - ideally in RHD (London but willing to travel)
Post by: hotdeffender on January 25, 2012, 08:31:00 PM
I am selling my rare British early style aircooled. It is more expensive than a his because they are more   sought after.
Title: Re: a starter Fiat 126 - ideally in RHD (London but willing to travel)
Post by: davidobi82 on May 16, 2012, 09:53:08 PM
Hello
Have few Fiats for sale, I'm in Cambridge
Title: Re: a starter Fiat 126 - ideally in RHD (London but willing to travel)
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on May 16, 2012, 09:55:31 PM
BIS is good, just thoroughly service the cooling system when you get it, never had a hairdryer  :P

Marc