Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: Abiella on January 04, 2012, 02:11:32 PM

Title: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
Post by: Abiella on January 04, 2012, 02:11:32 PM
Happy New Year everyone.!

I got a pair of Chrome bumpers for Christmas and now just need the screws...
anyone got some lying around before I get some from abroad?

Thanks,

Abiella
Title: Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
Post by: ciaoflyer on January 13, 2012, 07:04:22 PM
Hi

You can get some coach bolts at the local DIY store exactly the same and cheap only thing is you have to keep polishing them as they are not stainless!

Can't remember the correct length but one fits I have them on mine!

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/hardware/bolts/bolts/-specificproducttype-cup_square_bolts/Cup-Square-Bolt-AVF-851797-Pack-Of-10-W-M8-x-L-60mm-9708025
Title: Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
Post by: Amateb8 on January 13, 2012, 09:05:03 PM
I found this stainless version.

http://www.boltmeup.com/index.asp?function=SEARCH
Title: Meh....
Post by: Abiella on January 23, 2012, 05:22:08 PM
What a nightmare, I waited a whole week for my  bumper brackets and bolts to arrive from Axel Gerstl and finally got in contact with them, they hadn't sent them because my card didn't go through (not their fault, they emailed my mums email as she was the last person to order from this address i.e my bumpers. so I obviously didn't know it hadn't gone through and my mum was trying to figure out what she had been buying on the net!)
So I ordered them all again and when they arrived today the bolts were too short for the back bumper brackets!  :-
Luckily I know I can get them from a D.I.Y store (thanks guys)!

I'm learning that If you don't know what you are doing you can really take a long time to get everything done! All I want to do Is drive my 126!!

I also wanted to ask if anyone knows how to fit the rear registration light for a chrome bumper... I can't seem to find a bracket for it or figure out how it fits.

Sorry for the Essay!

Thanks!
Title: Re: Meh....
Post by: ciaoflyer on January 23, 2012, 06:06:39 PM
What a nightmare, I waited a whole week for my  bumper brackets and bolts to arrive from Axel Gerstl and finally got in contact with them, they hadn't sent them because my card didn't go through (not their fault, they emailed my mums email as she was the last person to order from this address i.e my bumpers. so I obviously didn't know it hadn't gone through and my mum was trying to figure out what she had been buying on the net!)
So I ordered them all again and when they arrived today the bolts were too short for the back bumper brackets!  :-
Luckily I know I can get them from a D.I.Y store (thanks guys)!

I'm learning that If you don't know what you are doing you can really take a long time to get everything done! All I want to do Is drive my 126!!

I also wanted to ask if anyone knows how to fit the rear registration light for a chrome bumper... I can't seem to find a bracket for it or figure out how it fits.

Sorry for the Essay!

Thanks!


Have you got the actual original Plate light for the chrome bumper model?  If so I can post a pic on how it fits!  If not you may have to rig up something custom!
Title: Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
Post by: Abiella on January 23, 2012, 07:12:28 PM
Hi, I have got this one
http://webshop.fiat500126.com/index.php/katalog/artikelinfo/650-1-registration_plate_lamp_with_rubber_gasket_black.html

It is the same as I have seen on Jan-in-Uk 's restoration... http://club126uk.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=4392.0

Thanks!
Title: Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
Post by: ciaoflyer on January 23, 2012, 08:37:14 PM
Yep that is the original one!  There are two holes on the rear bumper which it mounts onto, it slips on the inside of the bumper pointing towards the plate and then it is screwed from underneath.  I shall post a pic of mine tomorrow!
Title: Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
Post by: Abiella on January 23, 2012, 09:09:34 PM
Thankyou! sorry I just minus'd your Karma by accident... I was trying to Plus it! I'll fix it when I'm aloud to karma again! Doh  ::)
Title: Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
Post by: 1973/126 on January 24, 2012, 04:45:40 PM
 It looks like you are missing the mounting bracket.
Title: Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
Post by: Abiella on January 24, 2012, 05:34:31 PM
A ha ! Yes... that looks right! I couldn't seem to see a mounting bracket on the website. It should really say what you will need too! where can I get one of those from then?

Thank you
Title: Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
Post by: ciaoflyer on January 24, 2012, 06:57:26 PM
I have looked on the web for one for you but cannot find one :(  Maybe call Franco at ricambio he maybe able to source one!

http://www.ricambio.co.uk/
Title: Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
Post by: 1973/126 on January 24, 2012, 08:03:35 PM
 I`ll have a look for you tomorrow to see if I`ve got one.
Title: Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
Post by: Abiella on January 25, 2012, 11:33:47 PM
Thanks guys, Did you have a chance to look 1973/126?
I'll call Ricambio tomorro.

Cheers
Title: Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
Post by: 1973/126 on January 27, 2012, 08:58:59 AM
 Sorry but I couldn`t find one.
 You can always use the one you had on there before and just mount it on the engine lid, of buy something aftermarket.
Title: Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
Post by: Abiella on January 27, 2012, 12:44:16 PM
Thank you for looking... I'm just going to zip tie it on for tonight as I want to drive in the evening and I'll figure something out!
Cheers guys
Title: Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
Post by: ciaoflyer on March 02, 2012, 12:35:42 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-126-REAR-NUMBER-PLATE-LIGHT-1973-1987-Spares-Repairs-/290675251186?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43ad9857f2#ht_500wt_1204
Title: Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
Post by: Abiella on March 16, 2012, 12:53:33 PM
Thank you Ciao Flyer! I got it the second time round!
I'll be fitting it this weekend.

A
Title: Re: Chrome Bumpers for Christmas!
Post by: ciaoflyer on March 16, 2012, 02:03:36 PM
You are welcome!  You appear to of got it for a bargain!   :) :)