Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: cos124 on November 21, 2011, 05:18:27 PM

Title: Alternator wanted
Post by: cos124 on November 21, 2011, 05:18:27 PM
Anyone out there has an Alternator for sale to suit the aircooled engine? I want to replace the Dynamo asap..... Let me know.
Title: Re: Alternator wanted
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on November 21, 2011, 06:20:19 PM
It is not a straight swop as you need to change the fan cowling on that side of the tinware also. Then you will need to do a bit of a rewire job for the new system  :)
Title: Re: Alternator wanted
Post by: cos124 on November 22, 2011, 01:32:13 PM
collecting the parts slowly to do a conversion during the hols. Thanks for the info. So the early cowling from the 126 won't do, because they used a dynamo tooo right? I will need to look out for the later ones then... I assumed wrongly that the 126 alternators as they had a "flange" that mounted on the side of the cyl block were a straight awap! I'm aware of the electrical mods. Many thanks.
So anyone out there with an alternator they wish to part with?
Title: Re: Alternator wanted
Post by: dajwid on November 22, 2011, 04:43:51 PM
I will have a dig in my garage, i may have one ' I assume as you are from Essex we will see you Sunday'  :)
Title: Re: Alternator wanted
Post by: cos124 on December 01, 2011, 06:17:06 PM
Found one, so i'm sorted for now, many thanks for those who replied.