Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: ciaoflyer on November 12, 2011, 09:30:21 AM

Title: Near side stub axle
Post by: ciaoflyer on November 12, 2011, 09:30:21 AM
Hi

Anyone got a spare near side stub they could part with in good condition?

Thanks
Title: Re: Near side stub axle
Post by: Amateb8 on November 12, 2011, 10:01:15 AM
Hello. Are you in a rush for the stub axle? I will have a spare pair of stub axles from my blue one, but not sure of its condition. The car did pass its MoT without advisories, that is, before it got parked up at Proeitti for almost 2 years. When do you need it? The progress on the red Bis is painfully slow, as the car is being restored at my friend's garage as a joint project, in our spare time.
Title: Re: Near side stub axle
Post by: ciaoflyer on November 12, 2011, 11:05:27 AM
Yes would love them, I bought a new set from ricambio (£150) 8 months ago but one leaks and won't take grease properly!  So a replacement will be great - as soon as you a re ready!

Thanks
Title: Re: Near side stub axle
Post by: Amateb8 on November 12, 2011, 01:18:33 PM
It is yours! The only problem I see is taking the pair of stub axles off the car. I may have to take the part out myself!!

It is not the first time Franco sold me defective reconditioned or incorrect parts. The former, I suppose, was not his fault. That said, he did apologize profusely and instantly replaced the part at no extra cost or initiated a full refund. Hence, I still continue to buy parts from him.
Title: Re: Near side stub axle
Post by: ciaoflyer on November 12, 2011, 01:25:09 PM
Cheers mate!  They are not hard to get off!

Remove all brake parts, jack up leaf spring to remove pressure, undo top and bottom bolts and they should come off!

Thanks again!

May give him a ring and explain but they have been on the car for nearly a year so not holding out any hope!
Title: Re: Near side stub axle
Post by: ciaoflyer on January 27, 2012, 08:59:35 PM
Franco at Ricambio is a STAR!  I sent the stub back and he sent it to his supplier so they could rebuild it, they replaced it with a new one!  All this when it is a year old!  GREAT! ;D ;D
Title: Re: Near side stub axle
Post by: Amateb8 on January 27, 2012, 09:48:31 PM
He is a trustworthy guy! Which is why I still buy from him despite the odd (though rare) hiccup. He will also give you a discounted price if you go to his store!!! There is even a good garage next door if you choose to install the part straightaway.