Club126UK

Welcome to the CLUB126UK Forum => Meetings & Events => Topic started by: Pete126 on October 19, 2011, 04:01:55 PM

Title: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. "Cancelled" New Date 2013.
Post by: Pete126 on October 19, 2011, 04:01:55 PM
(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/c3f598fc.jpg)

Thought I would post this now to gauge the interest in organizing a 2 week trip across Europe to Slovakia,

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/aa8f698c.jpg)

The basics would be to start the trip on Monday 18th of June as you can see on the map there are two Ferry crossings one from Hull to Zeebrugge for us northerners, and Dover to Calais, Ostende?  for you southerners, Meeting in Bruges Tuesday morning to start the road trip to Zvolen with 3 nights camping on the way, arriving on 22nd Friday for the long weekend, Starting back home on Monday 25th  catching the ferry’s on Thursday 28th.
Nothing has been decided yet and your input and thoughts would be most welcome, maybe some of our friends on the way may like to join us on this Adventure across Europe to the Biggest 126 Meet in the world.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56NLLy6p_RE&feature=related[/youtube]

MORE VIDEO'S [CLICK HERE] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56NLLy6p_RE&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLB49325C59706192D)
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: dajwid on October 19, 2011, 04:04:07 PM
Ooooooooh that sounds fantastic.

Provisionally I'm in, What about a Polish 126 factory visit on the return trip??



Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Abiella on October 19, 2011, 05:42:38 PM
I'm in 100%!

Bruges is amazing... lovely place to meet and start.

And I will be on the right side of the road in my LHD!  :D
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Amateb8 on October 19, 2011, 11:33:12 PM
Sounds quite interesting. I think I am in provisionally as well. I will feel more confident the more members join this event, sort of strength in numbers, just in case someone breaks down on the way. I need to check whether my breakdown cover includes continental Europe.

I agree we should visit something on the way to be able to stretch our legs, as it is going to be a long but very enjoyable trip. How many miles is it to Zvolen?
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: stuey on October 20, 2011, 07:51:27 AM
that look awesome dont know if alan is likely to be ready on time :-(
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: dajwid on October 20, 2011, 03:01:04 PM
 Alan will  be ready (I just hope Beryl is).  ::)
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Pete126 on October 20, 2011, 08:37:42 PM
that look awesome dont know if alan is likely to be ready on time :-(

If Alan isn't ready by May, Stuey! we'll be sending in the Boys to Kick your ass :lol:

Alan will  be ready (I just hope Beryl is).  ::)

Same goes to you David ;D
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: wreckmaster on October 23, 2011, 07:15:25 PM
I posted this also on the norwegian forum ( www.dolcettidrivers.com ) and we are already three cars atleast which are planning on going on this meeting :) I hope it was OK that I posted it there? If not, just let me know and I will remove it 8)
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Pete126 on October 23, 2011, 10:13:48 PM
That's Great 8) Depending on your route we might be able to convoy part of the way down ;D 
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: 126fan.sk on October 24, 2011, 08:44:09 AM
Hello boys  :),

thanks Pete for insert the theme and creation of so nice poster. We hope that we will see most of you at next year Maluch World Meeting. We will upload there more infos when will be something new. Cause at this moment we are starting with works on meeting. To see more about our Meetings you should look at theese clips.... 1st is from 2010, 2nd from 2007 and the last video is anniversary clip 2001-2005 to see more about us and our meetings ;) 126 Fan Slovakia is with members since year 2000  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC2GtwVgAZs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_EHttSxDRA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o02jsZPSL6M
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: 1973/126 on October 25, 2011, 09:33:23 AM
 Hey Martin are you going to have some strippers again? :D

 We are definitely up for this!
 We do this trip quiet often and it is a demanding drive even in a modern car. It works out just over 1000 mls each way.
 I think we`ll need a support vehicle and some spares.

 Nurburgring is on the way too...

 
 
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: wreckmaster on October 25, 2011, 05:55:06 PM
My inital toughts on route for us norwegians would be Norway to Ystad, Sweden, then ferry to Gdansk in Poland and from there to Krakow and then into Slovakia :)
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Amateb8 on October 25, 2011, 09:41:24 PM
1,000 miles each way!!!!!!! Wow!!! I have never driven that distance. I like a challenge. It would be a major challenge in a 126 but I am up for it. We definitely need a support car and a good supply of spares, just in case. I'll need to increase my annual mileage cap on my insurance policy from 1.5k to at least 4k for next year as a one off.

Needless to say, all participants will be bringing their 126.
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Pete126 on October 25, 2011, 10:01:06 PM
My inital toughts on route for us norwegians would be Norway to Ystad, Sweden, then ferry to Gdansk in Poland and from there to Krakow and then into Slovakia :)

When it gets nearer the time and routes have been finalized we will see what we can sort out, this is another alternative route.

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/08faabbe.jpg)

What do you think of going the top route? As David mentioned we could meet other 126 guys at the factory and convoy from there,  on the way down we could call at Zywiec, You know :P The Brewery! see if we can arrange a tour on our way to Zvolen ;D
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Lina on October 25, 2011, 10:15:22 PM
This was mentioned by 1973/126 et al at the weekend and has been a background thought since then...  It is probably the craziest thing I've ever considered... but I'm considering it! 

Ideally, I'd like to bring my son (if anything, just to show him he'll never out-crazy his Mum when he's older!), but not sure this is a good idea for a nine year old?  Anyone else considering taking along a small person??  We survived a camping/driving holiday for seven days last year...! :)  Personally, I think it would be a great thing for him to experience.

Otherwise, a suggestion: what about using walkie-talkie radios for the drive - to maybe shout out a petrol need or problem or whatever?  That'd be just like Top Gear... :P

Anyway, definitely interested!

Lina
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Amateb8 on October 25, 2011, 10:24:16 PM
I was contemplating on taking my ten year old son but I am not sure. He has always been my sidekick on trips to meetings/events. Walkie-talkies are a great idea!!
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Lina on October 25, 2011, 11:31:15 PM
Well, looking at the video 126fan posted up (first one), there are a load of kids there with things to do...and they seem to've survived...!

We mustn't forget - kids are actually LIKED over on the continent!!! :D

But yeah, the trip's length may be a tad hard on small person boredom levels...and big person ones too!  The driving bit, that is ;)  What is the actual hours driving time expected to be?  And is this calculated for max of 60mph??  (I say that, as I haven't pushed mine over 60 yet...!)
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Eklipze3k on October 26, 2011, 07:54:32 AM
Now I'm grumpy 'cos it sounds like loads of people are up for this and I don't even have a 126 anymore to be able to join you :( Unless I 'borrow' FiatForum's Ducato and tag along as the support vehicle :good:  :P
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: wreckmaster on October 26, 2011, 10:34:37 AM
This will be great fun :) And probably not so expensive! Hotels etc.. are cheap in eastern europe :)
Just had a look at google maps and shortest route from where I live, almost on the swedish border in Norway are 1790km :) 19,5 hours drive in a modern car  ;D Might have to use a few days down there in the 126 I think  8)
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: dajwid on October 26, 2011, 04:56:10 PM
I will be taking my 10 (11 by then) daughter with me. The trip will be great fun, just plenty of stops.

Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: wreckmaster on October 26, 2011, 06:02:21 PM
Just be sure that the children has gone to bed before the striptease starts.... could be a bit difficult to explain to theire mothers that they have seen that  :-
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Pete126 on October 26, 2011, 10:23:52 PM
Now I'm grumpy 'cos it sounds like loads of people are up for this and I don't even have a 126 anymore to be able to join you :( Unless I 'borrow' FiatForum's Ducato and tag along as the support vehicle :good:  :P

Don't feel grumpy Frazer :( Feel happy ;D
If you want to have a ride out come in what vehicle you like, We have a few Ideas in the pipeline for a support vehicle but we won't know until nearer the time,
As for the distance, to cover 1000 mile to Zvolen will entail driving around 6 hours a day with a few breaks so shouldn't be too bad ;D The Time and Mileage in the 2 maps I posted up will be calculated on the maximum speed of the roads the route takes, so you can add an extra 1/3rd "Approx" to those times to take into account our lower speeds.

Its going to be a Great 2 Week Adventure :P

 
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: smallcox on November 11, 2011, 01:56:15 PM
This trip looks so cool,

 I wish I could make it but the wife will de-force me and change the locks on the house if I only mention it :cry:

But I see if I can santion her before June :D

Smallcox
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Amateb8 on November 12, 2011, 07:40:32 AM
I might have the same issue with my other half as well, so I am starting to condition her thinking early to get her used to the idea. It should be fine. Though I may not stand a chance with her with the idea of taking my son with me for two weeks. It will be a challenge to convince her but will see how it goes.

If you manage to come, your 126 will definitely attract a lot of attention and will also definitely be a prize winner!
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Fiatos on November 16, 2011, 08:38:23 PM
I want to drive to Zloven, too. I'm starting from Hamburg. Tomorrow I post it in the german 126 Forum and we'll see how many germans will arrived to Zvolen.
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Pieter on November 17, 2011, 06:15:40 PM
Hi :)

I'm a proud 126 owner too, from Belgium. I would like to join you, if possible :)

Pieter
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Pieter on November 17, 2011, 06:40:28 PM
My inital toughts on route for us norwegians would be Norway to Ystad, Sweden, then ferry to Gdansk in Poland and from there to Krakow and then into Slovakia :)

When it gets nearer the time and routes have been finalized we will see what we can sort out, this is another alternative route.

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/08faabbe.jpg)

What do you think of going the top route? As David mentioned we could meet other 126 guys at the factory and convoy from there,  on the way down we could call at Zywiec, You know :P The Brewery! see if we can arrange a tour on our way to Zvolen ;D

I have really good experiences with yet another route, the A4 through germany which is in between those two you suggested, and then goes to Dresden and Wrocław. I got my 126 near Krakow and drove it to Belgium like that, perfect road conditions, alsmost no traffic :)
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Pete126 on November 17, 2011, 10:33:12 PM
Hi Pieter Welcome to the forum, That sounds interesting i'm all for using good quieter roads instead of motorways, How long did it take you to drive home from Krakow in your 126?
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Pieter on November 18, 2011, 02:05:00 PM
Hi Pieter Welcome to the forum, That sounds interesting i'm all for using good quieter roads instead of motorways, How long did it take you to drive home from Krakow in your 126?
Thanks :)

This A4 is also a motorway, but in my experience a really quite one. I've been there a few times, and it was always like this.

It took me almost three days to get my car home from Krakow, but that was because it broke down a few times :) In the end some really nice guy came over to help me, I've seen he's also active on this forum as "roefel". But normally I was doing 90 all the time without any traffic jams :).

I've seen someone talking about meeting in Bruges, I could also go there :). Now I just have to send an email to school to ask if I'll still have exams then, because these sadly have priority over driving to a meeting :(

 
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Pete126 on November 18, 2011, 07:56:52 PM
Hi Pieter, We should have 4/5 days to get to Zvolen, The A4 sounds Good :)

The reason for suggesting Bruges for the Start was, that Members travelling from the South of England can use the Southern Ferry Routes i.e. Dover/Calais where as, us Northerners can use the overnight ferry from Hull/Zeebrugge which would eliminate the 300 mile journey plus an overnight stay in Dover  :thumbup
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Pieter on November 18, 2011, 09:19:58 PM
Hi Pieter, We should have 4/5 days to get to Zvolen, The A4 sounds Good :)

The reason for suggesting Bruges for the Start was, that Members travelling from the South of England can use the Southern Ferry Routes i.e. Dover/Calais where as, us Northerners can use the overnight ferry from Hull/Zeebrugge which would eliminate the 300 mile journey plus an overnight stay in Dover  :thumbup

Hi :) Normally it is doable in one day from here to Krakow with the 126. And as I said, Bruges would be excellent for me. I'm just waiting for a reply from my university now :)
Minor edit: Just added my car ;-)
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Westy on December 28, 2011, 08:41:30 PM
I would have so been up for this but unfortunately at the start of the month I'm taking my series landrover to a meet in the Czech republic and I don't think I'd have the cash or the holiday available from work. But good luck to all who go
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Pete126 on January 29, 2012, 07:37:53 PM
Information taken from 126fan site: http://www.126fan.sk/ws/news.php

At the moment we are working at full throttle on the
Maluch World Meeting 2012
In the coming months we will be posting more information about the Activities and Program for the Weekend. We will also be putting together information about Accommodation and nearby Alternative Campsites.

The Official Campsite will only be open to Fiat 126’s +Derivatives and Classic Fiat 500’s in our Guest Car category. All entrants/competitors Must Register there Cars, Service Vehicle and Tow Cars with 126fan.sk as Camping and Parking on site is limited, Once registered you will be given a Pass when you arrive which must be displayed on your Vehicle. No Pass. No Admission.
All other Vehicles will be Denied Access to the Campsite.

The Weekend Fees Are 25 Euro for Fiat 126/500 which will include a tow Vehicle if you are bringing your car by Trailer or Van.

Service Vehicles will be charged 30 Euro for the Weekend: Only One per 126/500
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Pete126 on January 31, 2012, 09:22:58 PM
Traditionally the biggest meet of Fiat 126's With awards for Best Tuning, Best Renovation, and many more Categories.
A rich program for every enthusiast, Do not hesitate to bring  your children, There are many activities that they will enjoy,
There will be many Fiat 126 enthusiast from 9  countries attending the weekend show, More info to follow so Bookmark this Thread
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: 126fan.sk on February 01, 2012, 11:34:17 AM
Thank you very much Pete for advertising those informations  ;).
  Hope that all participants will enjoy the adventure trip and that they will enjoy the Maluch World Meeting. We are working on traditionally rich program for all generations. We will update more infos in near future. If you will have some further questions please do not hesitate to ask  :)
P.S.: Accommodation fee isnt included in weekend (starting) fee  
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: 126fan.sk on February 14, 2012, 10:55:05 AM
at this moment I can tell that will be possible also to see very rare Fiat126 models :)
From our collection: 126 CC Zero, 126 MCA Coupe, 126Pop cabrio, 126Bosmal cabrio, 126Figo 250ccm engine,
                            126 LPT in renovation works progress, 126 fan buggy, 126 Steyr Puch before renovation

From our members will be a lot of very nice modifications possible to see, also beautyfull tuned and renovated cars, Swaps also with bike engines, 126 Polish race cars, and for 90% there will be world premiere of Fiat 126 limo and Fiat 126 LPT amphibious - those cars will be first time possible see at our meeting- was never promoted on any Fiat 126 meeting before

And in this moment I can also say that the part of Friday program will be Jazz concert on Zvolen Square  :)
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: 126blackbird on February 18, 2012, 11:03:04 AM
I have just booked my return ferry from Dover to Calais/Calais to Dover. I am going to France for three weeks and then will meet up with those going to Slovakia. As I will be going in my motorhome I will be able to carry spares for those going on the trip. I dont want to carry them around for three  weeks but can take them from you when we meet up.
 DFDS are doing some very good fares if booked by the 19/02/12, you need to use the offer code CS12, I'm not sure if its on all routes. I have only paid £48 for a return trip for my motorhome which is 7m long and 3.2 high. It looks like the price for a car is £19 each way.
 Hope this may help some of you.
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Lina on February 27, 2012, 08:47:07 PM
Haven't been online for a while so ticked off I missed that deal, Graham! D'oh!

Also, I still need to get permission from my son's school to take him out for two weeks - he's only had one day off this year due to the snow, but I'm not sure it was 'authorised' or not, so I may have trouble there.  If it's a 'no', I'll have to have a good think about whether I'll do it anyway or not... and risk the fine/prison sentence!! I really don't like being told what I can and can't do...!!

I'll let y'all know!

Lina xxx
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Pete126 on February 28, 2012, 11:20:12 PM
Don't worry Lina we will all come and visit you in HM Prison Holloway ;D
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Lina on March 01, 2012, 11:31:12 PM
Thanks Pete, I knew I could count on you.  ;D
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Pete126 on March 13, 2012, 07:59:18 PM
Just a Reminder ;D

(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/9dbd221a.jpg)
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Lina on March 13, 2012, 09:18:07 PM
Okay, got the 'YES' from school - I'm allowed to take my boy out for two weeks!!!  ;D  Yay!

So now, I'm ready to book ferry tickets... Does anyone know/have any plans as to what Ferry company to use, what time of crossing, etc??  I'd like to travel over 'together', whoever that may be...

In fact, who IS that going to be?  Who's travelling via Dover??

Lina
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Pete126 on March 13, 2012, 10:14:52 PM
That's great news! I think we need a little help from Ladislav and Lynette as to which crossing is going to be the best, Hopefully we will sort it out in the next few weeks :D
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: 1973/126 on March 16, 2012, 07:42:17 AM
 We normally go on a ferry from Dover to Calais, as this is the most frequent and shortest route. Most of the times we travel in a van with a trailer hence the ferry, but the tunnel is an other option and crossing time is only about 40mins. Not much price difference in a normal car.
 We tend to choose early our crossings to give ourselves most of driving time in daylight.
 Haven`t got anything booked yet, but still up for it. Hopefully we would want to take the CCZero, which might be a bit of a challenge driving wise on a 1100 mile trip(one way).
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Pete126 on March 20, 2012, 08:23:08 PM
Been comparing ferry prices.

If we set off early on Tuesday 19th its £29 for the outwood journey from Dover to Dunkirk
Returning on Thursday 28th inwood journey £39 Dunkirk to Dover, I would suggest Dover to Dunkirk becuse its 20+ miles further up the road so less driving ;D
Anyone got any other information or do you know the discount codes so we can all book on the same Ferry.

https://www.norfolkline-ferries.co.uk/ferry/homepage.aspx?src=nav
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: 126fan.sk on April 01, 2012, 12:30:54 PM
Very hard for e to write us theese words but:

After briefings with Police and city mayor we must to choose to not organize meeting this year!! The main reason is complete reconstruction of Neresnica road crossing on which is planned complete close of all roads and noone should tell us when and for how long. This road crossing is main road to club and also to camping. Detour will have about 25 km. Because of works to make the roads wider its now camping without fence and they cant guaranty us, that till meeting it will be repaired and that there will not be nonstop works on road also during the night. And its also planned that the entrance to camping will be at other place with new reception , but at this moment the old one doesnt exist and they didn´t started with building a new one and didnt know when they will start. Looks like the Camping will not be open this season because they cant guaranty safety and accommondation without disturb. Because of traffic changes isnt possible to make convoy to square because if even will not be road crossing completelly closed there is planned alternating traffic by traffic lights in one lane, daily is driving thru this crossing more than 36000 cars, so in this situation its impossible to drive thru in convoy with about 300 cars and will take more than 2 hours to make 10 km to square.. And because the traffic changes they shouldnt guaranty us also if will be possible to go to airport Dobra Niva where is planned the sekond parts of Saturdays program And its planned also reconstruction and spread of main road from this road crossing till the end of city what is onlyone road to club, where will be registration based.. So to this situation they dont recommended us to organize so big meeting as it is and we also dont want to risk lost of reputation of this action so we decided to move it to next year.
We fell about it very sad, but we didnt have other posibillity. Of course we were thinking about other possibilities but because of history of this meeting which was always based on city Zvolen we decided to move it to next year, rather then change a date or place of meeting, Cause that reconstruction will be finished in 2013.
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. Has Been Cancelled
Post by: Pete126 on April 01, 2012, 07:45:57 PM
Hi Guys, Sorry to here the meeting had to be cancelled we were all looking forward to meeting up with you and the guys around Europe, Thank-you for getting the information to us before we committed and bought our ferry crossings.
We look forward to 2013 when I'm sure we will have an even bigger party and attendance at MWM in 2013
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: 126fan.sk on April 02, 2012, 08:06:05 AM
We were trying to have the decision finalized as soon as possible, but we were always trying to find some possibility how to do it, but last week we saw that will be very big risk to organize it this year so we rather move meeting to next year. Hope that this decision not make a big problems to you dear friends and that we will see you all in 2013 cause we also were looking forward to see you all.
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: Amateb8 on April 02, 2012, 09:39:37 AM
Many, many thanks for letting us know. I am still preparing my red Bis and was hoping it would be finished before the event. The plan was to bring my newly restored Bis to the event as a sort of initiation. In a way, it was just as well the event was cancelled as the restoration has been proceeding quite slowly. So a bit relieved it was cancelled but at the same time it was the driver for getting it restored sooner. Hopefully, by next year all the car's teething problems would have been resolved.
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. June 22/23/24
Post by: bis13 on April 02, 2012, 08:11:24 PM
oh bugger i have set out already!! ;) shame but hey ho theres always next year!
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. "Cancelled" New Date 2013.
Post by: Lina on April 03, 2012, 10:55:19 PM
Oh no!!!  That is so sad :(

Thanks so much for letting us know as soon as you could tho - was about to buy the ferry tickets...

I'm not looking forward to breaking this to my son!  But it does mean I can tone down the level of panic that was setting in about getting the car as ready as possible by June...!

Oh dear, this is gutting :( :( :(  Maybe we can organise a mini Europe meet/trip instead???  At least we'll be able to catch up with Bis13 by then ;)

Lina
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. "Cancelled" New Date 2013.
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on April 04, 2012, 07:40:15 AM
I think that I am emerging from jet lag here in NZ , I keep taking the cure  ;D
Very sad news for the 126 Fan guys and all involved. Can't help thinking that if one door closes another opens and Lina may be on the right track . It was a big ask to do this event but something closer to home might get a lot more people involved  :)
Any ideas ?
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. "Cancelled" New Date 2013.
Post by: Bar Vitelli on April 04, 2012, 10:57:06 AM
How about Yorkshire?  Or catching the ferry to Dublin?  Would love to go to Italy but it's a bit too far...
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. "Cancelled" New Date 2013.
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on April 04, 2012, 07:11:17 PM
Norfolk sounds good  :D
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. "Cancelled" New Date 2013.
Post by: 126fan.sk on April 04, 2012, 07:24:14 PM
We are very sad about it all. We knew about this problem since January, but we were trying to solve it somehow, and we were always asking again and again police and city mayor for som official standing how it will looks like during the meeting, but when we came to point that noone should qarantie us nothing, we cancel it for sure, because we dont want to risk good name of event by the things we couldnt change or know about... But the next meeting as I wrote will not be in 2014 (two years periodicity) but in 2013 so we hope that we should see you all  :) and will be enough time to plan also the trip and also to finish all the cars. And we want to thank Pete and 1973/126-Ladislav for help with preparing of UK convoy and hope guys that we will drink some beer at MWM 2013  :D
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. "Cancelled" New Date 2013.
Post by: dajwid on April 05, 2012, 07:09:38 AM
Norfolk sounds good  :D

Sounds a good idea to me too :-)
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. "Cancelled" New Date 2013.
Post by: stuey on April 05, 2012, 09:26:25 AM
Norfolk sounds good  :D

Sounds a good idea to me too :-)

I can get quite a few 126's on my drive..... free camping!
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. "Cancelled" New Date 2013.
Post by: 1973/126 on April 05, 2012, 09:34:27 AM
 First I thought it was a 1st of April joke.
 Such a shame it`s not going to happen this year, but at least it should be that much better and bigger in 2013. So no excuses for anyone not getting they car ready until then!!!
 At least we should also have a van, as my latest plan was to tow the CCZero with a 127 :- Would have been interesting...

 What about Amsterdam, I heard some of the guys on here got a good knowledge of the city :-X
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. "Cancelled" New Date 2013.
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on April 05, 2012, 09:50:16 AM
Norfolk sounds good  :D

Sounds a good idea to me too :-)

I can get quite a few 126's on my drive..... free camping!


Only cos yours doesn't work yet  :D
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. "Cancelled" New Date 2013.
Post by: Lina on April 05, 2012, 11:39:23 AM
Of course, there is always this: http://126meeting.info/  although I'm not sure of when it's on.  Hungary is almost as crazy to drive to as Slovakia...!

By the way, BIG thanks to 126fan, Pete and Ladislav and Lynette for working hard to arrange this Slovakia trip, despite how it's ended - as Ladislav said above, NO excuses for not having your car ready next year!! ;D

Lina

P.S. Pete, can we have a main thread for this Hungarian one (or if it's listed already, where is it??)?  Be good to see who might be interested now that Slovakia's off the menu...  (I would post it myself, but I'm useless at organising things like this!! ;)  )
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. "Cancelled" New Date 2013.
Post by: Amateb8 on April 05, 2012, 05:10:42 PM
I wonder whether there is one relatively closer. For example, is there a French 126 gathering or one in, say, Italy?
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. "Cancelled" New Date 2013.
Post by: 1973/126 on April 05, 2012, 10:45:12 PM
 
 I think the Hungarian meeting is more of a national meet rather than international and it is nearly as far as the one in Zvolen. If I had a choice, I would still rather do a long journey like that with the car in the back of the van or a trailer, as the 126 really isn`t the best long journey car. At least we`ll have a bit time till the MWM next year and organise it a bit better. We probably have a van  by then and with a long trailer we could take 3 cars ;D

 Maybe it would be best to concentrate on a UK meet. The Retro Rides one is a weekend event and it was great fun last year! It`s also kind of "central". Would be nice to see more 126 there this year. I`ll be booking our ticket soon for RR and try to make it in the car on it`s own wheels this time;D
 There is also plenty of Auto Italia events on during the year.
 
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. "Cancelled" New Date 2013.
Post by: Lina on April 06, 2012, 12:16:55 PM
Ah, okay, yes probably the best idea.  I'm liking the idea of a van and trailer...!! lol

I'm booked up for Retro Rides already, so that's a definite and also hoping to make the May event too.  As for RR, do we have a club stand booked in??

I do like the idea of a road trip abroad tho, but obviously not so far - France or Italy?  Bruges, Finland, Germany...? lol  I was looking forward to going to Bruges and swearing a lot (from the film!)...  But yeah, getting to that age where time passes quicker now, so waiting until next year for the MWM isn't so bad I guess.

Lina
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. "Cancelled" New Date 2013.
Post by: Kent126 on April 08, 2012, 11:47:14 PM
Im deffo doing Auto Italia, and hopefully if the pesky Olympics dont get in the way I will be at Retro rides also.

Would be great if we could get a central UK 126 meet, maybe an annual thing would be great.

Tom
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. "Cancelled" New Date 2013.
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on April 09, 2012, 12:36:25 AM
Im deffo doing Auto Italia, and hopefully if the pesky Olympics dont get in the way I will be at Retro rides also.

Would be great if we could get a central UK 126 meet, maybe an annual thing would be great.

Tom

Indeed
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. "Cancelled" New Date 2013.
Post by: Bar Vitelli on April 09, 2012, 09:15:39 AM
A National meet once a year sounds good...I wonder how many Fiats would turn up (with the right weather and the right location)?
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. "Cancelled" New Date 2013.
Post by: Hazey-n-Marc on April 09, 2012, 09:59:11 AM
A friend of mine has just got a hotel in Clare in Suffolk.  They cater for ramblers quite a bit, so there are cheap basic rooms. I was going to see about what she would think of a (is there a word for a group of 126's?) buzz of 126's turning up for a couple of days. It is within 2 hours for a few of us, I know of at least three other members in that radius.
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. "Cancelled" New Date 2013.
Post by: 126fan.sk on April 27, 2012, 11:51:49 AM
Hello Dear Friends,

we found a idea that maybe you will be interested into how the reconstructions continuing in Zvolen city, so we attach here few photos with small info  :) photos taken yesterday
 
this is how now looks the east side of square - from there was planned arrival in convoy to square
deathline: 31.7.2012 Works in progress new road surface, new city lights, new canalization

(http://s6.postimage.org/mheqwnh7x/P1160759.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/mheqwnh7x/)(http://s6.postimage.org/4fvlyun71/P1160726.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/4fvlyun71/)(http://s6.postimage.org/4h5js9p0t/P1160727.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/4h5js9p0t/)(http://s6.postimage.org/pfbpqcovh/P1160728.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/pfbpqcovh/)(http://s6.postimage.org/khy558mwd/P1160729.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/khy558mwd/)(http://s6.postimage.org/d38tcv10t/P1160730.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/d38tcv10t/)(http://s6.postimage.org/8vimhuoz1/P1160731.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/8vimhuoz1/)(http://s6.postimage.org/gpj838wrx/P1160756.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/gpj838wrx/)(http://s6.postimage.org/m282hdkod/P1160757.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/m282hdkod/)(http://s6.postimage.org/tjh9wla7h/P1160758.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/tjh9wla7h/)

other reconstruction is als at east side of square. Finishing of new shopping center.
Deathline: end of year. Works in progress: demolation works at old cinema and start of 2nd tage of shopping center and building of big parking area

(http://s6.postimage.org/ec1ac8ict/P1160754.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/ec1ac8ict/)(http://s6.postimage.org/uobc1ywod/P1160734.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/uobc1ywod/)(http://s6.postimage.org/a5gfwwir1/P1160742.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/a5gfwwir1/)(http://s6.postimage.org/6zvu6p04t/P1160743.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/6zvu6p04t/)(http://s6.postimage.org/6bmznr1f1/P1160746.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/6bmznr1f1/)(http://s6.postimage.org/z2jtdt78t/P1160747.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/z2jtdt78t/)(http://s6.postimage.org/u5au6funh/P1160749.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/u5au6funh/)(http://s6.postimage.org/8wx5p0g6l/P1160752.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/8wx5p0g6l/) 
Title: Re: Maluch World Meeting- MWM2012 Zvolen Slovakia. "Cancelled" New Date 2013.
Post by: 126fan.sk on April 27, 2012, 12:24:29 PM
at final our nightmare new main crossroad near camp including bridge reconstruction and new road to camping from other direction and also reconstruction of main road.
Deathline: middle of next year Works in progress: I know that it doesnt looks like but they are really working there  :D photos were taken during their lunch break. Now they are preparing surface for building new bridges and changing directions of roads...

 (http://s6.postimage.org/y481p9jal/P1160760.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/y481p9jal/)(http://s6.postimage.org/h4z3a0831/P1160761.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/h4z3a0831/)(http://s6.postimage.org/q19vdxyp9/P1160762.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/q19vdxyp9/)(http://s6.postimage.org/b6l9zrp4d/P1160763.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/b6l9zrp4d/)(http://s6.postimage.org/mk7tayzn1/P1160764.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/mk7tayzn1/)(http://s6.postimage.org/j1vtekyr1/P1160765.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/j1vtekyr1/)(http://s6.postimage.org/v515259t9/P1160766.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/v515259t9/)(http://s6.postimage.org/k6pvjyl7x/P1160767.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/k6pvjyl7x/)(http://s6.postimage.org/igbfw7t2l/P1160769.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/igbfw7t2l/)(http://s6.postimage.org/o5rogiz8t/P1160770.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/o5rogiz8t/)(http://s6.postimage.org/ms01l7zzh/P1160771.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/ms01l7zzh/)(http://s6.postimage.org/538atlo8d/P1160772.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/538atlo8d/)(http://s6.postimage.org/nwu3qlmgd/P1160773.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/nwu3qlmgd/)(http://s6.postimage.org/ny41k0oa5/P1160777.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/ny41k0oa5/)(http://s6.postimage.org/b7zt6xgbx/P1160778.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/b7zt6xgbx/)(http://s6.postimage.org/ha7fxf4rx/P1160779.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/ha7fxf4rx/)(http://s6.postimage.org/zeagi22gd/P1160780.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/zeagi22gd/)(http://s6.postimage.org/o37stovl9/P1160781.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/o37stovl9/)(http://s6.postimage.org/anpdhzch9/P1160782.jpg) (http://postimage.org/image/anpdhzch9/)