Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: Amateb8 on September 01, 2011, 09:06:11 PM

Title: Avoid this website -FIAT 126 REPLACEMENT WING DOOR FLAT MIRROR GLASS NEW
Post by: Amateb8 on September 01, 2011, 09:06:11 PM
They knowingly sent the wrong mirrors! Then asked for a paper template to see whether they have something that matches the original mirrors.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390334851483&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123#ht_2805wt_1141
Title: Re: Avoid this website -FIAT 126 REPLACEMENT WING DOOR FLAT MIRROR GLASS NEW
Post by: Blonde126 on September 02, 2011, 10:48:08 PM
Thanks for the warning - I was thinking of replacing the mirrors in mine as they've accumilated a border that now leaves about 5cm of visible mirror  :lol:
Title: Re: Avoid this website -FIAT 126 REPLACEMENT WING DOOR FLAT MIRROR GLASS NEW
Post by: RicePuddin on September 03, 2011, 06:54:54 AM
I have that  mark on mine too. I was going to buy from him but his P&P charges were very expensive.
Title: Re: Avoid this website -FIAT 126 REPLACEMENT WING DOOR FLAT MIRROR GLASS NEW
Post by: Amateb8 on September 03, 2011, 07:46:23 AM
They are offering a full refund once I  have returned the mirrors. I will be out of pocket for the postage.
Title: Re: Avoid this website -FIAT 126 REPLACEMENT WING DOOR FLAT MIRROR GLASS NEW
Post by: michaelodonnell500 on September 03, 2011, 10:24:26 AM
you should ask for a full refund inc postage. I ask whenever something is not as described and 9/10 times I get the postage refunded
Title: Re: Avoid this website -FIAT 126 REPLACEMENT WING DOOR FLAT MIRROR GLASS NEW
Post by: Amateb8 on September 12, 2011, 06:36:12 AM
Will do. Many thanks.

I'll try to have a couple of mirrors cut to size from my local glazers/mirrors supplier. But, I am not sure whether they will cut mirrors to bespoke small sizes to fit the side mirror housing.  Perhaps if I get them to cut a couple of pairs, they might be keen to do it. If it can be done cheaply, I can give them away to forum members. I'll let you know what happens.
Title: Re: Avoid this website -FIAT 126 REPLACEMENT WING DOOR FLAT MIRROR GLASS NEW
Post by: Darrell on September 13, 2011, 10:57:12 PM
I'm avoiding e bay in general at the moment  ;D
Title: Re: Avoid this website -FIAT 126 REPLACEMENT WING DOOR FLAT MIRROR GLASS NEW
Post by: Aaron on September 14, 2011, 05:50:16 AM
Geez glaziers must be far more cheaper in your part of the world.  When ever I've tried to do this over here it works out that the cut glass cost more than getting the complete replacement part.

I know 126fan has complete new mirrors for 15 euro each on his website.
Title: Re: Avoid this website -FIAT 126 REPLACEMENT WING DOOR FLAT MIRROR GLASS NEW
Post by: Amateb8 on November 01, 2011, 09:08:41 PM
I got a full refund (incl pp)!