Club126UK
For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: ciaoflyer on July 20, 2011, 05:09:52 PM
-
Hi
My Bis exhaust has a hole, anyone got one for sale?
Thanks!
-
Hi,
If you weld a patch to the hole does the car still pass the mot?
-
if your exhaust is gas tight secure and not likely to fall to pieces it will pass just mot'd a 1.2 corsa the repair was a patch of steel with lashings of exhaust paste wired into place it did not leak and was very solid [ was not my handywork] mot man said it passed muster!!! ;D
-
Just rang Custom Chrome in Nuneaton and it looks like they can make me one out of Stainless! Expensive but as I am going to keep the car it comes with a lifetime guarantee.
Anyone done this? Should I keep it standard or can it be modded?
-
I would say go with stainless if you can. Fit it & forget it ;D
If any of the other water coolers are after one you might be able to get a group discount.
-
I have been contemplating on having one done to mine. My exhaust is starting to rattle from the inside, like someone is shaking tin cans in it. Most of the threads on this and other forums seem to indicate that most are able to fabricate bespoke stainless steel exhaust but all were a bit noisy!