Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: Amateb8 on July 03, 2011, 11:32:42 PM

Title: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
Post by: Amateb8 on July 03, 2011, 11:32:42 PM
I have seen limited edition 126 kit cars before but I am unfamiliar with this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-126-Car-Craft-Zero-/250848376851?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a67ba7813
Title: Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
Post by: Darrell on July 04, 2011, 09:46:56 AM
Nice barbacue grille on the front  :$
Title: Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
Post by: thepuddlejumper on July 04, 2011, 01:10:15 PM
Lots of these cc zeros about a long time ago, I have an original brochure for the cc.

Ralph
Title: Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
Post by: 1973/126 on July 19, 2011, 12:01:11 AM
 That one went to France at the end.
 There wont be many of them left in the UK. I think it was only 21 of them ever made.

 Here is a good reason why you would want to have one :P

 
Title: Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
Post by: Amateb8 on July 19, 2011, 11:01:26 PM
It looks like Noddy's car.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
Post by: Darrell on July 20, 2011, 08:23:35 PM
If those are Noddy's fans...I'm Noddy!
Title: Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
Post by: poxxxy on September 17, 2014, 08:17:58 PM
Old post... but I found Noddy!

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/q83/p180x540/1497771_10154606739500387_7417985614872177070_n.jpg?oh=dd66b9e3b2265296b93f4d4711d2b53b&oe=54CCB75C&__gda__=1418135211_6bce7959d56f279dfca48d9b485bb49d)

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/10600595_10154606739580387_794776023713245913_n.jpg?oh=43c4411e6e956df4bc09b2e81b22c8b3&oe=548B7976&__gda__=1422321075_9206feacd8e56ac171089e4cc3328bb8)
Title: Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
Post by: DeVilleChris on September 17, 2014, 08:21:29 PM
aha nice :D
Title: Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
Post by: baron_matt on September 18, 2014, 02:01:32 PM
2CV headlamps I notice :-)
Title: Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
Post by: drcdb15 on September 24, 2014, 01:21:33 PM
That's quite a radical makeover from the original CC Zero. Front wings, rear wings, front nose section, engine cover, even the dashboard, all have been changed. Are there any more details ? The car on eBay at the start of this post went to France, according to Ladislav, but this one clearly has the original UK registration so I am presuming this is probably NOT "Noddy". Where was it spotted? What details were given on the card shown in the photos? What was the event ?
Title: Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
Post by: 1973/126 on September 24, 2014, 06:04:15 PM
 That one Poxxxy posted is definitely not a CCZero. It looks like a home made kit car to me. I don`t think even the chassis would be the same as the shock mounting points look different.
 I can`t see the car in the first link anymore, but that blue one is in Slovakia ;D
Title: Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
Post by: drcdb15 on September 24, 2014, 08:41:02 PM
Also, isn't the roll bar standard and integral on the CC Zero ? The car shown doesn't have one. Seems the registration is Guildford.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
Post by: poxxxy on September 25, 2014, 11:04:56 PM
The one I posted is something someone had made, but the owner referred to it as "noddy" as his pet name I guess! Its not a CC Zero... it was based on a 650 personal air cooled 126, that's all I really know, just came across it at a show on the Isle of Wight. :).
Title: Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
Post by: drcdb15 on September 25, 2014, 11:38:36 PM
Really? Being a Hampshire lad, and New Forest to boot, the island is like an old friend to me, and although I know its historic railways and museums, I can't recall EVER having heard of a classic car rally over there in the past 40 years or so - do tell, is this a new event? Does it have a name?
Title: Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
Post by: poxxxy on September 26, 2014, 12:59:21 AM
I'm not sure how new/often the event is.. but I've managed to land on it for the past few years during September! Usually at Newport on the Saturday and then Ryde Esplanade on the Sunday...

Just found this: http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/events/international-classic-car-show-p947201

So its in its 13th year :).
Title: Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
Post by: drcdb15 on September 26, 2014, 10:49:57 PM
Goodness, 13 years ?!!! Don't know how I missed that one! Many thanks, hopefully get to visit next year.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 Car Craft Zero
Post by: 1973/126 on September 27, 2014, 10:10:51 AM
Also, isn't the roll bar standard and integral on the CC Zero ? The car shown doesn't have one. Seems the registration is Guildford.
Yes the roll bar is an integral part of the chassis. There were only couple made without the roll bar by Zero Engineering. You could bolt it in afterwards.
 So as far as I know there was 21 made by Car Craft + 2 made by Zero engineering.