Club126UK
For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: dajwid on June 18, 2011, 08:43:13 PM
-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-126-ABARTH-TYPE-1973-/150620989372?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2311b5e7bc#ht_907wt_1139
£3875.00 Thats my guess
-
Is this car real from the factory or has it been made into an Abarth?
-
Is this car real from the factory or has it been made into an Abarth?
As far as I know, an Abarth 126 was never produced so it's been 'made' into an Abarth.
I guessed straight away what this topic would be about as soon as I saw the title - it is very nice, and there's also a similar Fiat 500 from the same seller done in the same style: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-500-ABARTH-595SS-TYPE-/150620977392?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2311b5b8f0
Watching both of these!
-
It is made up, a 126 Abarth was never made as you say.
I am suprised it looks as if it is on standard ignition.
-
I think, I`m playing the lottery this weekend. This is probably the ultimate 126. I guess this will actually finish just above 4k. Lets say £4044.44..... :-
-
Another lovely example. Does anyone remember how much the other mint early 126 sold for? I think it was 1974 model year and was also slightly modified. It will sell at a higher price as it is a RHD version.
-
The blue one you talking about sold for £3257, but as you say it was a left hooker and a year older. The white one has some better engine mods, but both the cars appear very similar. I thought it was the same seller first. There must be definitely some kind of connection.
http://photobucket.com/images/1973+Fiat+126+Abarth/
-
Very nice!!! 8)
-
I have modified my earlier email to show the two cars.
-
The white appears to be better than the blue one based on specification and modifications outlined below.
1974 Blue 126 Reg: ABB 344M
- The car has had a full respray
- New pistons and cylinders to 650cc
- Abarth rocker and sump fitted
- Dellorto Carb
- Sports exhaust
- Borrani wheels
- Lowered suspension new shocks and brakes
- All new steering rack and track rods
- New seat covers and sporty steering wheel
- New alternator and electric fuel pump
- New chrome bumpers and Lights
- Rev counter, oil temp,volt meter and clock
- The speedometer was changed out from kilometers to MPH the car has only done about 500 miles from the complete engine refit.
- Just about every nut bolt seal and gasket has been changed and the car runs great a little eye catcher.
1973 White 126 Reg: RJH 697M
- Cadulac (like ZIEBART) rust proofed from new, and has never been welded.
- 27800 MILES from new,
- Has a history file from day one.
SPECIFICATION:
- 800 cc engine, (goes like a rocket)
- Dellorto FZD Carb.
- 10:1 High compression head,
- Fast road cam, lightened and balanced
- New Abarth type exhaust,
- New electric fuel pump,
- Original not replica Alquati alloy big wing sump,
- Lowered suspension,
- KONI dampers,
- TAR-OX brake linings,
- Original Borrani wheels,
- Air horns,
- Momo steering wheel,
- Abarth type gearlever,
- 100mm diameter Smiths tacho. And ancillary gauges.
- All new original seats, door cards and carpets, which are all unworn
- Original back window dealer sticker “A CAR FOR ALL REASONS†is still present.
-
i remember when this came up as a resto project on ebay a couple of years ago. pukka motor!
-
Looks like the car got withdrawn.
-
that is a fantastic car!!!!
The sort of car that will be far rarer than a 500 Abarth owing to the fact that the modifications were more difficult to obtain for the 126 than for the 500 as the racing pedigree was not so previlant at the time. It's a shame that he felt the need to mis advertise it as an abarth as it has no abarth parts on it, in fact the alquati components are a sign of greater exclusivity than abarth
-
Anyone can share info on the borranis? Waht model are they? I know i am daydreaming anyway...
-
Looks like this car is up for sale again.
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C287572
-
6k dream on....
-
Looks like this car is up for sale again.
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C287572
Sounds like such an early car has been destroyed!
-
If you think he is dreaming. This seller is in another world!!!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-126-126P-650E-UNREGISTERED-UNUSED-UNIQUE-CLASSIC-CAR-NEW-NEVER-USED-/260965398704?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3cc2bff8b0
-
£6K is a lot...what's a fair price to pay?
-
£6K , not a lot if you just got your bankers bonus :o
Anyway you have got to be realistic here, if the car was prepped as an Abarth replica which there never was then it could be a heap of modern tat thrown together with a bit of spit & polish .
This one has history and is running some of the rarest air-cooled tuning parts. Research into the late Camilo Alquati is very difficult but he was descibed as the legendary fiat tuner that ran a racing team in Italy. He was noted for his work on the twin cam cars of the 131 era and especialy for the power he could get out of the 126 engine.
The big bore Alquati thing was very much a 126 thing from what I know as the conversion seemed to coincide with the time when the 126 was launched but you would have either been minted or a crazy enthusiast to go for it due to the price. If you could find the original parts to put an engine like this together now then I would guess that you would be looking at about £3K or more.
So fair price , what can you put on a rare piece of motoring history :$
-
It is nice, I've rearranged the other cars on my drive so have enough room for it, just need some cash (!!) ;D
How fast do you think it would go? 8)
-
How fast do you think it would go? 8)
Oh no don't ask that :o
It needs to be loved. Sadly worth more in parts than as the complete car. Blimey did I really say that?
(I will have all the parts though).
-
I think you would only want to test the max speed of this car in your brown pants, but you would run out of gearbox, rather than power. Surprised they haven`t fitted it with a bis one, or one of them fancy five speed conversions. I can imagine it would do 90mph pretty easy.
The ad is now updated with loads of photos.
-
If the abarthalike is so good, why has it only done 3500 miles since all the mods were done? It wouldn't get a chance to cool down if it were mine!
Marc
-
I like it but my missus would kill me if I bought it....she's after a ring....I dare not tell you how much that might cost...
-
after seeing the photos.............
This is not an original abarth.............
few parts are different......
Am I right?