Club126UK
For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: green-fly on May 26, 2011, 10:21:25 AM
-
Sorry haven't got link as I'm using my phone but 73 126 just gone on ebay stating earliest one here..looks very nice,but not many detailed pics yet so will be a very interesting one to watch..prizes for guessing the closest price achieved!!
-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Super-Rare-RHD-Early-Fiat-126-Earliest-one-UK-500-/260790723690?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3cb856a46a#ht_622wt_1139
Looks very nice, Has it done piddle or is that a oil leak I see?
Will sell for £3652 ::)
-
:D good guess! I'm going for 3749, and seeing as its my thread I'm allowed a second guess at 3451.99!! ;D
-
I reckon £2,879 then the auction will mysteriously end because the guy wants more than that :o
-
Just noted, number plate not included.
-
As the plate isn't included I'd say £2000 :P
-
This belonged to 'richk' a member from here, he lived in Kent, car is now for sale in West Sussex so presume It's a different owner/trader. It was the car that featured in one of the Classic Car Mags last year, this is where the ebay pics are from, apparently It's water under the car (not oil) from when it was washed over. I've seen the car, It's very original & genuine, lovely condition bar one or two small rust bubble areas that could do with being sorted, the seller has mentioned these. It has had a few panels painted in the past & a bit of welding (done well) under a couple of the arches, which you'd expect for a car of this age. Shame the plate doesn't stay with the car. I'd guess it will go for £2600 though perhaps should be worth a bit more.
-
Interesting prediction uncle! Quite a possibility..thanks for the inside info Derek, also I forgot about the plate not going with it which is a real shame being 'nos'....I might need a 3rd guess :D :$
Keep the guesses coming!
Anyone here fancy bidding?
-
I think Richk's 126 was an early 126 but a dark blue one. The one advertised on ebay appear to be black in colour.
-
Yes it does look like black in the pictures, but is the original dark blue they produced. I would have been interested in it but based on experience & thinking of a worst case scenario, a couple of small rust bubbles can open up a can of worms & end up costing a lot, though they don't look bad & could be left as they are. It also needed the wheels painting which could be done cheaply enough. Under the bonnet, the engine bay & mechanically it was all very good.
-
It's a stunning looking 126, the interior is gorgeous!
I'm going to take a guess at around £2,785.93 :D
-
Hi Derek,
You can get them to repair the rust before you buy. They are specialist VW repairers/restorers. Derek, you have been looking for a 126 for a while, take the plunge!!!! Prices for mint early 126s are rising!
-
She's a beauty, isn't she? But POG's enough for me... :)
-
i dont think the fact its the earliest 126 will have much sway on the price as these cars are not like the popular models and are only appreciated by us oddballs however it could be a wise investment and the fact it has a bit of rot on it means its not been restored and in many eyes will indicate its more of an honest car, as for the price well thats a lottery and is only dictated by what the seller wants as if the reserve is low then it will be gone soon enough but if the "greedies" get hold of the seller then expect to see it advertised a few times before reality sets in... (and note to rusty by saying a car with a bit of rot means its honest does not mean that your 500 is.....) ;)
-
Would love an early 70's aircooled model, but im committed to buying a house now and it needs a bit of renovation. Another 126 would prevent that!
I reckon though this car will go for over £3,000 on eBay, but as already stated, the auction will be pulled due to not reaching enough.
Will certainly be keeping an eye on this one!
:-)
Tom
-
It is slowly edging upwards. It looks mint but not perhaps as good as Green-fly's having seen the car in the flesh. It would be great if a forum member wins it, so that we can compare the two.
-
thanks amateb8..i emailed the seller for boot/engine pics the other day but not had a reply..just out of interest..guess it will creep up!
-
Auction for early blue 126 was ended early, I'm guessing the seller sold for an offer outside of ebay.
-
So Rusty was the winner of guess the price ;D
-
Yipee , what was the prize , I have forgotten? ;D
-
Sorry, Just noticed this:-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Super-Rare-RHD-Early-Fiat-126-Earliest-one-UK-500-/260793116880?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3cb87b28d0#ht_622wt_1139
-
Mmmmm that means my £3652 was nearest ;D
-
It will be interesting to see how many offers the car will get :P
I bet around 10 offers?
-
No prizes for dajwid! (cheating!!) My 3749 is pipped by rustys uncles prediction!! :D, all prizes including the Caribbean holiday and my car are now null and void :D :D..Hehe..
Strange why he didn't just put a 4grand reserve on! Bet the bidders are fed up!
-
Bet the bidders are fed up!
Seen that before too. I was bidding on a bis before I bought POG where the seller did the same sort of thing... his loss.