Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: malcmari on March 30, 2011, 11:08:57 AM

Title: BIS coolant level switch
Post by: malcmari on March 30, 2011, 11:08:57 AM
I'm looking for a coolant level switch which fits in the header tank above the radiator, if any one has one that works or do you know where I can buy a new one ???
thanks
Malc
Title: Re: BIS coolant level switch
Post by: Amateb8 on April 25, 2011, 07:07:25 PM
Hi Malc,
Are you referring to this part?
Title: Re: BIS coolant level switch
Post by: malcmari on April 25, 2011, 07:35:48 PM
Hello Karma
               your picture is a "modern one"  I'm afraid the BIS one is basically a float with a magnetic switch, a bit like a ball cock in a toilet which switches on and off the current instead of the water !!!
thanks
Malc
Title: Re: BIS coolant level switch
Post by: Amateb8 on April 25, 2011, 10:48:06 PM
Have a you got a photo of the part you need? I have bits and pieces I stock for my Bis, so I might have a spare.
Title: Re: BIS coolant level switch
Post by: Pete126 on April 26, 2011, 10:11:20 PM
BIS coolant level switch
Title: Re: BIS coolant level switch
Post by: ciaoflyer on May 01, 2013, 09:12:55 PM
Hi guys

I need one of these switches, anyone know where I can get new or has anyone got a spare.  Mine has been working for years and has just decided to give up! :(

Please help!
Title: Re: BIS coolant level switch
Post by: ciaoflyer on May 01, 2013, 09:24:22 PM
Could this act as a replacement.......

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/level-sensors-switches/7259833/

Fitted to a landy.....

http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/f38/low-coolant-sensor-84777.html