Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: chug on March 14, 2011, 12:13:29 PM

Title: steering column switch
Post by: chug on March 14, 2011, 12:13:29 PM
Hi
Does anyone have a steering column switch for sale for a 1982 126?  Just bought the car and the lights just go out when I'm driving along, especially when I turn the steering wheel.
Any help appreciated.
Title: Re: steering column switch
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on March 14, 2011, 04:11:00 PM
I can't help you with the column switch but I can tell you what may have happened to it and stop it happening in future. There is a possibility that someone had fitted more powerful headlamp bulbs and not fitted a relay to handle the extra power. Like a few others I found out the hard way that the extra power produces heat in the switch and melts the plastic internals  :oops: