Club126UK
For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: Kent126 on January 01, 2011, 11:29:06 PM
-
Guys,
This pup has just surfaced on eBay;
[url]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-126-WHITE-/180607016852?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a0d045f94[/url
Needs some TLC, but clearly the seller wouldnt be bothered if it got crushed or scrapped.
Would be such a shame to see another one of these early ones go to the scrap heap, someone grab a bargain!
Tom
-
Sadly looks like a spares only, too far gone. Someone has bid £275 though, Wow! I'm suprised.
Good luck to the bidder, this looks worse than the one I broke recently and it cost a third of the price.
-
The bid was cancelled.
-
i am hoping to win it bidding on it at the mo. will treat it to a full restoration. :)
-
Bloody hell, someone paid over £400.00 The one i scrapped was better :oops: Offered it here for £100 and no interest at all.
Shame as the buyer will probably get the car start the project and give up due to the massive amount of work for the low value of the finished car.
-
This is an early Italian model, and they tend to fetch good money. If someone can do the work themselves it makes sense. I wish I had the skills and time. Would have bought it myself.
-
Sorry my mistake I am very new to 126s, thanks for your help. Damn should have bid. :oops:
-
No problem, I forgive you.
If done properly you could be talking over 2k. Worth doing or not? Well depends how far it`s gone, but have seen worse cars being repaired...
Rest my case. Dajwid knows best. :oops:
-
What panel do you think could be saved on the car?
(http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/fronty4sale/CBZUmsgmkKGrHqZl4Ez7fWBvOBNHehjymfg_14.jpg)
Do you not think changing 80% of panels and the welding, a full respray, engine rebuild, brakes and suspension would come to more than £2000.
A very brave person indeed, Italian or not.
-
The evolution of the Fiat 126 into the world of the classic car is now pretty much complete , another article in the latest Practical Classics mag that I picked up last week bye the way. Like all classic cars the older models and special editions are the most desirable in that market. The 126 also has a special appeal to a whole range of motor enthusiasts, young & old , in that you can keep it cute & original like the one your Gran had or make it into some sort of mean street machine or anything on the scale between those limits.
Nobody buys a Fiat 126 these days as it is the cheapest old banger on the block (unless you are lucky !)
They are being owned , bought , driven , restored etc by people who have a long lasting love/obsession of the car or enthusiasts that want a piece of classic motoring history. You cannot fight this evolutionary process and whilst it might annoy the owners who were used to picking up the £50 runner then scrapping it when the next one came along, a determined enthusiast will go to great lengths to restore a car.
As the song goes "The Power of Love" :oops: Mind you once you are on the road it does tend to be a bit more "Here comes your 19th Nervous Breakdown" ;)
-
BUT once on the road and used as intended, they become as reliable as a wood stove :P
I found there were issues to overcome at first, now those seem to have been resolved.
Funny thing it in the past year or so, most of the issues arrising in my car have not been the car's fault eg. electronic ignition advancing too much, skidding on ice and flat battery (because some numpty left the lights on) :P
The only issue I struggle with is the smell of petrol being drawn in by the heater on start-up :o
But I will succeed [-/
-
Hey, least someone bought it and the twit selling it didn't squash!
-
I'd of had the wheels! [-/
Tom
-
I think I have some spare Steelies if you are after some.
-
Oh yes I am after some for sure! What condition are they in because my wheels are knackered. Will they need restoration?
Tom
-
Will dig out and have a look on Thursday, then PM you.
-
Ok cool! Thanks!