Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: tiny126 on November 04, 2010, 03:52:34 PM

Title: Headlights needed desperately in any condition.
Post by: tiny126 on November 04, 2010, 03:52:34 PM
Hi
I finally got my car into the test station only for it fail on small things. The main thing is failure point is the headlights on light efficiency. I ordered a pair from 126sk fan. They arrived but I have damaged my uk spec lense trying to swop them onto the new reflector. All I need are lenses and the car is finally road legal (after a quick fix up of 11months!).
Please help if you can.
Thanks
Rob
Title: Re: Headlights needed desperately in any condition.
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on November 04, 2010, 04:27:04 PM
This is a recurring theme and for years "Mr MOT MAN" cannot cope with the 40/45 watts head lamp bulbs fitted to our cars. If you fit more powerfull bulbs without a relay then you will melt the column switch . My car has been running on LHD headlamps for 10 years in the UK . All I do is blank off the right dipping section of the lense with a little insulation tape, get the MOT then pull it off for the next 364 days. As for swopping the lenses , when I have done this I have soaked the light unit in petrol for a day or so untill the sealant tuns to jelly  [-/
Title: Re: Headlights needed desperately in any condition.
Post by: dajwid on November 04, 2010, 04:40:36 PM
Will the tester allow you to just use the lhd lights with beam benders?

If not I should have a few sets of new RHD lights coming soon, if you only want a set of Lenses I think I have some in my garage if you are stuck.

Just PM me.

Dave
Title: Re: Headlights needed desperately in any condition.
Post by: tiny126 on November 04, 2010, 04:45:49 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will soak the remaining lights in petrol. I was thinking of trying to apply heat to the sealant but had second thoughts as I had images of exploding glass.

Rob
Title: Re: Headlights needed desperately in any condition.
Post by: tiny126 on November 04, 2010, 04:58:04 PM
Will the tester allow you to just use the lhd lights with beam benders?

If not I should have a few sets of new RHD lights coming soon, if you only want a set of Lenses I think I have some in my garage if you are stuck.

Just PM me.

Dave


PM sent
Title: Re: Headlights needed desperately in any condition.
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on November 04, 2010, 05:02:49 PM
I learnt the hard way also and busted a couple of lenses. When I said that I soaked them in petrol I put a little on the outside and swilled about a cup full around the inside . Patience is the key  [-/
Title: Re: Headlights needed desperately in any condition.
Post by: tiny126 on November 04, 2010, 05:47:52 PM
Thanks for the tip.

Dave I think I have sent a PM. I am not used to sending them.

Ta
Rob
Title: Re: Headlights needed desperately in any condition.
Post by: ciaoflyer on November 08, 2010, 08:16:24 PM
http://club126uk.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=5315.0