Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: fiazer1 on November 02, 2010, 08:57:30 PM

Title: Fiat 126 bis RHD steering rack
Post by: fiazer1 on November 02, 2010, 08:57:30 PM
Hi all,i have been trying to get my hands on a 'Fiat126 RHD steering rack' for a few weeks now.They seem to be like gold dust here in ireland,and everyone who has one wont part with it! I was wondering does anyone have one or know of a shop where i could get one.
I have no problem arranging a courier or paying delivery charges.

any information would be great help.
thanks
Title: Re,. Steering rack
Post by: 126bis1997 on November 04, 2010, 12:36:19 PM
Hi., I am just curious mate. What exectly gone wrong with your steering rack then ?? In Malta here where I live its quite easy to find any part regards Fiats and so if you would allow me I just make a check how much it cost including post. Seeing your post gave me the idea of writing . Cheers Peter from Malta.
Title: Re: Fiat 126 bis RHD steering rack
Post by: fiazer1 on November 06, 2010, 01:33:43 PM
Hi,its not so much there is something wrong with a steering rack,its that i cant get a RHD one.Its for a fiat 500 conversion im doin,and i managed to get my hands on a LHD one just to set it up.But ill need a RHD one to drive the car:) how much would you want for one in malta?im sure post could be organised if the price is right.
thanks for the reply

Title: Re,. Steering rack
Post by: 126bis1997 on November 06, 2010, 03:00:02 PM
Ok I make a find out and will get back to you. Question; if I find a 500RHD AND 126RHD Steering rack what would you prefare of both?
Title: Re: Fiat 126 bis RHD steering rack
Post by: fiazer1 on November 06, 2010, 06:33:28 PM
well the fiat 500 didnt have a steering rack when it was released,it had worm and sector.So an upgrade in handling is to fit the fiat 126 steering rack.So yeah a fiat 126 [-/
Title: Re: Fiat 126 bis RHD steering rack
Post by: Darrell on November 06, 2010, 08:04:07 PM
Oooo an admission the 126 handles better than the 500  :oops: