Club126UK
For Sale & Wanted => For Sale: => Topic started by: hotdeffender on October 13, 2010, 12:45:51 PM
-
1987 Aircooled "shell" for sale. Needs a lot of work. Will come with glass, doors, bonnett, boot lid, suspension, steering system, wheel, V5 and keys.
Make no mistake this would be a full on restoration.
£90 for the above
I have a good aircooled engine which I will sell seperately and a very cheap gearbox which needs work.
Also a good interior and lots of wheels with new or nearly new tyres available.
-
Hello,
Is the engine a 650cc? If so what sort of price did you have in mind please? Also, what is wrong with the box?
Thanks,
John
-
Hi
Yes its a 650
Im not sure what they go for ive looked on ebay and found new (just the block) for a minimum of 895 and i tried to bid on a used engine and box but went for just under #300.
I think around 200 would be reasonable for the engine as i understand they are sought after replacements for the 500 as well. It is complete with alternator, cooling fan, casing etc etc.
I would give the gearbox away at this price. It needs new drive shafts because some burk has cut them in half!! It wouldnt select anything other than first and it was noisy. Im told they are easy to rebuild with help from a manual? But I dont have time to do it as well as everything else.
Cheers
lee
-
Where in the country are you? Is it just the Engine and G Box that is required to get it going? How rusty is the body?
Is it an opening or solid roof?
-
Hi
Im in swindon wiltshire.
It has no sunroof.
My assessment of it is as follows but please bare in mind no project is as simple as your first assessment.
The shell needs stripping back to bare metal. the floor needs work especially on the sills.
It needs either replacement bonnet and boot lids or decent repair work.
It needs a new front panel and new outer front wings. If you want to bodge these areas then maybe you could do glass fibre and filler repairs to the above (not the floor and sills)
Inner wings are very good.
Other than that engine and gearbox plus brake overhaul should see it back on the road
I have lights, a correct interior, engine and other parts which are available.
-
PM sent
Nath
-
Last shout for the shell. For 100 ill put it back together, which means it will come with a good complete original interior. The lights infact nearly everything except engine and box. I will put some better wheels on.
If it don't go ill have to scrap him, but the good news is there will be some spare parts up for grabs.
-
Lee,
Sorry to be so slow getting back in touch.
If by any chance you still have the engine and box please could you give me ring tomorrow (Sat 30th) after 10am. I would be happy to come down tomorrow too if all OK.
Number is 07837 257331 - or text your number & I can ring you on free minutes.
Thanks very much.
John
-
Sorry they have been sold. I have other 126 parts though, so if you need anything give me a shout.
-
Shell now scrapped.