Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: Amateb8 on October 10, 2010, 08:40:19 PM

Title: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
Post by: Amateb8 on October 10, 2010, 08:40:19 PM
Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-126-1979-/180572811834?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a0afa723a
Title: Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
Post by: bis13 on October 11, 2010, 11:15:56 AM
In Barnsley? so it was bought and no registration has been done and no mot?
Title: Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
Post by: dajwid on October 11, 2010, 03:53:28 PM
Mmmmm

There must be a reason, looks great though.
Title: Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
Post by: Darrell on October 11, 2010, 04:44:49 PM
Sounds like it is becoming a right pain in the *** to get a car registered.

£400 is a bargain for that one, especially with such a nice interior and floorless paintwork!
Title: Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
Post by: dajwid on October 11, 2010, 05:23:01 PM
I remember all the hassle trying to get my Polish VW Camper registered, in the end I gave up and put it on Ebay.

Title: Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
Post by: 1973/126 on October 11, 2010, 05:38:24 PM
 Registering in the UK is not a problem at all. I`ve got vehicles registered here before which is no way I would have ever been able to register back home (with no documents whatsoever).
Title: Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
Post by: fiatfsm on October 11, 2010, 05:53:33 PM
He says it needs new brakepipes for the mot, maybe the tester found something else and advised him accordingly? I suspect the welding to the crossmember drew some attention.
Title: Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
Post by: dajwid on October 11, 2010, 06:33:28 PM
Fiatfsm, not wanting to be the one that said 'told you so'  ;D
Title: Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
Post by: fiatfsm on October 11, 2010, 06:49:36 PM
Well  :-X

Still looking for a mint 126, it is so hard these days :P
Title: Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
Post by: bis13 on October 11, 2010, 09:38:12 PM
the cross member is an easy fix if you can be bothered to do it properly just seems like a waste of time buying a car and then doing nothing with it then selling it on again its not as if anything has been done to make it more sellable or valuable or am i just missing something? 
Title: Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
Post by: dajwid on October 11, 2010, 10:23:21 PM
Maybe he bought the car assuming the car was 'as new', and it really looks nice but underneath was not as pretty.

A new coat of paint can hide a lot.
New engine was added, new interior, all very nice.
Personally I'm not a fan of the plastic arches, banded steel wheels are great although stretched tyres always look strange to me.
I can't understand what the problem is with the brakes, Jan never did them and said they needed doing, the new owner hasn't done them.

I see the seller has another 126 too, the red one parked behind it.....

Must be a member, come on own up who are you?????
 :)


Title: Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
Post by: Darrell on October 11, 2010, 10:33:48 PM
Is it a case of more 'inspiration' than 'perspiration'?

I saw the 'dodgy welding' personally I think Jan made a mountain out of a mole hill of it. The welding on my sills is far worse bird sh*t but sins covered with underdeal  :oops: Welding upside-down on a miserable day :oops:
bis13 is 100% correct, I'd rather be buggering about under the car with a welder than on the top bodywork where everything needs to be very pretty.
Brake pipes? ...less than a days work! Copper pipe kits available and even braided hoses [-/

But the more one tries to explain about the welding, the more it gets mentioned so I give-up.

Will be watching it, if the bidding goes do-lally I wont be in though, pretty 126's can surprise me with what they go for. Also want to know if anything has been swapped.
Just a thought, I wonder if Jan got the customs paid certificate for it as when I brought my xs1100 in, because I had been in this country for 2 years I had to pay duty (40%) if my memory is correct.
If I had put it in a crate when I left it'd have been duty free :- I guess to be sitting on brittish soil it'd have to have been cleared.
Title: Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
Post by: 1973/126 on October 11, 2010, 10:57:54 PM
 I`m not sure how it works exactly with duty, but the car came from a European country, so I guess the law is slightly different and in a case of old cars(I think over ten years)you don`t pay any import duty. Don`t take my word for it though!
Title: Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
Post by: dajwid on October 12, 2010, 03:16:51 PM
My problem was the car was made before Poland was in the EU, so registration was not as straight forward as I had been told.

Title: Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
Post by: 1973/126 on October 12, 2010, 04:23:55 PM
 It is still possible. I did register a CZ three wheeler which was made in former Czechoslovakia. It was made in 1962 and didn`t have any paperwork, only a VIN plate and a frame number. In this case you need a certificate from manufacture to proof when the vehicle was made. In my case this had to be done through a Jawa CZ club, as the manufacture doesn`t exist any more. MOT+Insurance+Some import forms for DVLA and a check for £55,-. The trike also had to be inspected by DVLA(they didn`t know what they looking at anyway). After all this, it was properly registered on an age related plate. Takes longer, but it`s possible. I`m in the process to get my 1950 Jawa 250 registered at the mo. Same story....
Title: Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
Post by: fiatfsm on October 12, 2010, 06:37:44 PM
I do wonder if the buyer bought it to supply parts to his other 126? Id love to know why some people bother doing all that work and not finishing it though, or even doing it properly in the first place.

A mate has an old Jaguar from 1948 that he bought as an unfinished project, it was like Jans cars nearly there but not quite! Hes now seeing rust come through on all the edges, turns out the restorer had refitted all the bolt on panels before painting it, so all the edges you cant see are bare metal ::)
Title: Re: Jan's Green 126 is for sale on Ebay!
Post by: Darrell on October 12, 2010, 07:19:13 PM
I have now got the third set of forms to fill-in for a new V5C!!!! for my little 500F

This new form has just arrived today.

On the old V5 I filled in the section with my (new keeper's) name, they sent me a letter saying it is not clear what I want to do!
They asked me to fill in a form and now I have a form back again!!! :( :( :( :(

I agree, my XS was easy but dunno what is going-on, sometimes I think one finds the tangles in the web!