Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: dajwid on September 25, 2010, 09:54:19 AM

Title: CHEAP!!
Post by: dajwid on September 25, 2010, 09:54:19 AM
Cheap, buy one and keep it in the garage.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-126-650-652CC-CYLINDER-HEAD-GASKET-SET-/310254882769?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item483ca1cfd1#ht_617wt_1137
Title: Re: CHEAP!!
Post by: Amateb8 on September 26, 2010, 06:43:13 PM
They also sell a cheap head gasket for the 126 Bis as well. Ricambio sell them for a lot more but I noticed that the packaging is different. Ricambio's version has a Fiat logo on it but not the cheaper version. Is it the case, what is the expression, "what you pay is what you get"?
Title: Re: CHEAP!!
Post by: dajwid on September 26, 2010, 08:57:46 PM
Or certain companies are putting massive mark up on parts that cost very little ;)

Title: Re: CHEAP!!
Post by: ypsilon_lancar on September 27, 2010, 10:56:21 PM
I've never known certain companies over charging for 126 and 500 parts  :P

Exaust bolts four for £18   :yikes:
Title: Re: CHEAP!!
Post by: dajwid on September 28, 2010, 03:14:44 PM
This has always been my grumble. Prices in Poland are used then multplied by 5 some times 10. Original Fiat it may say, but Fiat have not made these cars for a couple of years ;) lots of the stuff is Polish anyway.

Not knocking the firms as they offer a good service but 'some' have a very very good mark up.

Remember a ticket to Poland is only £30-40 return  :D
Title: Re: CHEAP!!
Post by: edsaysyes on September 28, 2010, 06:51:34 PM
Any parts you need I will ask my friend in Warsaw as I am currently building up a stock of spares for myself. All it will cost you is Polish price plus postage I can get you any prices before you say yes to ordering parts. I am also there every few weeks myself so never hesitate to ask.  Might cost you a cup of tea if we ever meet up in the UK  Ed
Title: Re: CHEAP!!
Post by: dajwid on September 28, 2010, 07:25:51 PM
So you know what I mean, I go over often, prices in the UK are really over inflated. How large are the bits you could bring back?
Title: Re: CHEAP!!
Post by: Darrell on September 28, 2010, 08:07:59 PM
I'm after a 650 aircooled engine complete  :oops:
Title: Re: CHEAP!!
Post by: ypsilon_lancar on September 28, 2010, 10:24:16 PM
I can't blame them for the high mark up, i blame the lack of competition for them in the UK. I should set up my own 500 and 126 parts shop, must be some demand in Yorkshire (Although i havent seen another 126 whilst i've had mine!!!)
Title: Re: CHEAP!!
Post by: edsaysyes on September 28, 2010, 10:32:07 PM
If anyones interested I can put together a price list of the parts I have access to through my contact in Warsaw or else just message me with any specific enquiries
Title: Re: CHEAP!!
Post by: 1973/126 on September 29, 2010, 12:26:11 PM
 Talking about over priced products, I came across this. Not sure if this is a miss print, or the price is for real ???

 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brake-Master-Cylinder-Fiat-850T-900T-E-/380197714168?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item58858cb8f8
Title: Re: CHEAP!!
Post by: Alex on September 29, 2010, 02:05:38 PM
i think thats outrageous!
if thats not a misprint then he should hang his head in shame,  >:( >:( >:(
Title: Re: CHEAP!!
Post by: ypsilon_lancar on September 29, 2010, 02:36:23 PM
If anyones interested I can put together a price list of the parts I have access to through my contact in Warsaw or else just message me with any specific enquiries

A list would be fantastic!
Title: Re: CHEAP!!
Post by: ypsilon_lancar on September 29, 2010, 02:38:32 PM
Must be a misprint as they have another for £55, still its more than i paid for one on the Intergrale!!