Club126UK

Members Misc => General Chatty Stuff => Topic started by: Darrell on August 04, 2010, 11:13:44 AM

Title: If you ever wondered why i left africa...
Post by: Darrell on August 04, 2010, 11:13:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDezIzugLXU&feature=related

there are more parts to this but there is a charity i have donated to...go knows if the money will ever get there...  :cry:
Title: Re: If you ever wondered why i left africa...
Post by: bis13 on August 04, 2010, 04:45:20 PM
its a sorry thing to say but this is pretty much the same throughout africa and in fact the world all the countries i visited as a soldier had a similar story i think sometimes we dont know how lucky we are to have such a good system in this country however bad we think it may be.
Title: Re: If you ever wondered why i left africa...
Post by: Jan-in-UK on August 04, 2010, 08:15:55 PM
I think bis is right. I have seen some of ruthless and violent countries as well (as a half-soldier as they called us) and I think it isn't even just about africa. Far east, far eastern Europe, balkans... There is plenty of death much closer than you would ever think guys. The worse thing is - sometimes I feel there is no any power in me to influence. Even if i would really like.
And once again bis is right - whatever we have here isn't as bad as you thought 10 minutes ago, isn't it?
Darell PM me some details of the way to pass few pounds. Even if from £10 they will have to pick up one bottle less from the ground it is still well worth trying.
Title: Re: If you ever wondered why i left africa...
Post by: Allan on August 05, 2010, 02:02:47 AM
Jan do not be ashamed of being a "half soldier". My experience in the military showed me that even "half soldiers" did their fair share of the fighting and dying just like the so called "regulars". And you are right that these problems are not just present in Africa but all over the world. There does not seem to be a lot that we as individuals can do except give what we can when we can and hope that at least some of the aid gets to those who need it most.
We call New Zealand "Godzone" and when I reflect on some of what I have seen, and know that goes on, I think we are trully blessed to live in such a peaceful and beautiful country.
Allan