Club126UK
Members Misc => General Chatty Stuff => Topic started by: Eklipze3k on July 04, 2010, 09:04:32 AM
-
Was on a trailer behind a landy, we rolled up behind you in the other half's Grande Punto just before we had to leave - I have no idea what junction it was but there can't have been that many 126's heading northbound yesterday **-
-
count yourself lucky, I had my 126 for a few years now and I have never seen another on the road!
-
Never say never ! , my first "classic" car was a 1937 Talbot 10 Airline Saloon in the days when Morris Minors and Austin Healeys were just your everyday cars. I had been restoring the car , chassis up , for a couple of years and never seen another car of any model. Through the Sunbeam Talbot Alpine Register I had made contact with a guy in Cornwall who had a 1938 Tourer. I was in need of a "rare as hen's teeth" half shaft that were only fitted to 1936 & 1937 cars. My Cornish mate found an axle in a remote breakers yard. I went down to Corwall to get the half shaft. Had a ride in his car and visited a near neighbour who had a '38 Saloon . On the way back going through Hayle in Cornwall I was amazed to see a Talbot 10 Drop Head Coupe parked by the side of the road. So saw all three models in one weekend. I became a club official and went on to organise the biggest ever meeting of the side valve cars in the club's history , we had about 30 cars at Knebworth . Took a massive effort to clebrate the 50th anniversary of the car so I reckon that getting a couple of 126s togethershould not be too hard, just have a chat with your Bros [-/
-
Trouble with 126 people is anything over 50 miles return trip and they're running scared! :oops:
Funny thing is I've only ever seen one Fiat 500 on the road in the last 10 years :P so it's not just us [-/
I've had mine up the M1, to that meet we did, then over to Kent to see Mick, it's been to Retro rides, been to Torquay this past weekend.
It's a bit disappointing when there is a low turn-out considering how many people are registered on here, but hey, the regulars are quality folks [-/
Lets see if we can drum-up one main meet a year which we all try attend, one big meet might make more get the bug ;D