Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: michaelodonnell500 on February 10, 2010, 10:37:56 PM

Title: FIAT 126 BIS 'Pinninfarina'
Post by: michaelodonnell500 on February 10, 2010, 10:37:56 PM
I think this one came up on the forum before, but now its on Flea bay.
the custom bumpers look suspiciously like classic mini bumpers, and coming in at around £25 per end, its not a bad price for a bumper.
Not a bad car, but I think it would have been better to keep it plain
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIS 'Pinninfarina'
Post by: Jan-in-UK on February 10, 2010, 10:59:13 PM
It looks to me like a mixture of nice car and cheap finish in not the best style.... But its me.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIS 'Pinninfarina'
Post by: David on March 01, 2010, 07:00:12 PM
Hi i bought the car you are slagging off lol. I am only 16 and this will be my first car and yes you are correct the bumpers are from an old Mini and i believe where split in the middle and then a plate put over them to get the curved effect also the front indicators have also been replaced my mini ones and i think it looks good lol.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIS 'Pinninfarina'
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on March 01, 2010, 07:25:50 PM
 :D Hi David , good choice of car  8) & do not worry about those two old duffers slagging the motor , they mean well realy  ::)
Fortunately I am twice their age so I am well into my second childhood so it is good to see more of you young guys going for the little Fiats  [-/
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIS 'Pinninfarina'
Post by: Derek on March 01, 2010, 08:01:07 PM
Well done on your purchase. I thought it was too expensive when first advertised, but the price then started to come down, so I imagine you got yourself a good buy. A car at 16, I had to make do with an FS1E (a moped). I think you've made a good choice for a first car, classic, different from the norm & should be cheapish for you to insure, plus this is an excellent Forum should you seek advice. Good luck with it.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIS 'Pinninfarina'
Post by: David on March 01, 2010, 08:54:15 PM
Cheers Rusty Uncle and Derek and i like it. It is a bit different than the average Vauxhall Corsa etc. Plus yes i think it was very steep when it was first put on sale. Anyway Cheers.                   
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIS 'Pinninfarina'
Post by: michaelodonnell500 on March 01, 2010, 09:30:34 PM
To be fair I think my neighbours would rather see your car in my drive than the 2 rusty 126's sat there at present!
Good to see someone young getting into old cars!

Michael
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIS 'Pinninfarina'
Post by: bardy on March 03, 2010, 02:47:11 PM
its lovly car pal am 17 nd got a BIS nd insurance is hell of alot cheaper fully comp on ur own insurance with ur dad or mum as a named driver and al tell you now its more fun to drive than a corsa yh its not as fast but you think ur going 80mph when ur only going 45mph lol  nd hope the car gose well for you
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIS 'Pinninfarina'
Post by: David on March 03, 2010, 08:32:35 PM
Cheers mate  :D
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIS 'Pinninfarina'
Post by: tiny126 on March 03, 2010, 10:39:58 PM
Nice looking car. Seeing your wheels painted white has made me decide not to buy alloys. Ta
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIS 'Pinninfarina'
Post by: Jan-in-UK on March 03, 2010, 11:09:59 PM
I didn't slagg it at all :) :) I have just said it is not enough original for me if someone would ask. But it is all about the taste and likings - no discussion here of course.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIS 'Pinninfarina'
Post by: 1973/126 on March 03, 2010, 11:26:09 PM
 Jan it is just not ORANGE enoughf for you :)

 I don`t think I would say no to it when I was 16. I only got a Trabant estate.

 Well done David. Hope you`ll enjoy it!
 
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIS 'Pinninfarina'
Post by: bardy on March 04, 2010, 03:34:54 PM
only problem i find with my car is that i have to have my sterio realy loud to here it lol but that aint a bad thing lol untill you turn engine off lol but hey ho ad rather have a 126 than a corsa ( but thats me nd i dunt follow the crowd) lol nd yh its just not orange enough for jan lol
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIS 'Pinninfarina'
Post by: Amateb8 on March 07, 2010, 06:49:56 PM
Congratulations on your purchase!! It was a good choice. I would rather have a 126 rather than the ubiquitous Fiestas and Corsas. There is a wealth of experience in the forum, so you are in good hands. The car looks great. The sellers added some interesting but tasteful modifications. I like the upholstery as well. Post some pics!!!!!!!!!
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIS 'Pinninfarina'
Post by: iboggit on March 09, 2010, 02:09:00 PM
its lovly car pal am 17 nd got a BIS nd insurance is hell of alot cheaper fully comp on ur own insurance with ur dad or mum as a named driver and al tell you now its more fun to drive than a corsa yh its not as fast but you think ur going 80mph when ur only going 45mph lol  nd hope the car gose well for you
hehe.. any faster than that and mine used to start to shake like buggery and this rad (?!) noise like a jet engine got so loud it drowned out the superbly poor quality tape player.. (i liked to call it my lo-fi!)
ah those were the days.. if i had it now i would have treated it better >:(
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIS 'Pinninfarina'
Post by: bardy on March 10, 2010, 10:08:36 AM
haha my m8s either just say its aload of crap nd then all lasses say awww its soo cute  nd well ad rather be going slow nd think am going fast its more fun i think lol
Title: Re: FIAT 126 BIS 'Pinninfarina'
Post by: iboggit on March 16, 2010, 09:45:09 AM
i've never had so much fun in a car... i'd do anything to get mine back on the road but i cant afford to run one for the family and one for fun!.. i used to ride with four people in mine back in the day.. this eventually prompted the two remaining rear axle bolts to twist and shear off completely! but the best thing about them has to be the fact you can lift them up with one finger and fix things like that [-/

someone buy my cars please
http://club126uk.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=4640.msg31122#msg31122