Club126UK

Fiat 126 Chat => Fiat 126 Chat => Topic started by: kartman on January 30, 2010, 11:47:58 PM

Title: Roll back sunroof
Post by: kartman on January 30, 2010, 11:47:58 PM
Am i correct in thinking the original 126`s had the option of a roll back sunroof similar to the one on the 500? When was this discontinued, is it possible to retro fit one of these to a latter vehicle?.........Martin
Title: Re: Roll back sunroof
Post by: dajwid on January 31, 2010, 09:39:01 AM
Bis13 had a 126 with rollback roof, yellow I think.
Title: Re: Roll back sunroof
Post by: Amateb8 on January 31, 2010, 10:25:51 AM
I have seen a couple of pop-up type sunroofs on 126's which were factory fitted. I have not seen the roll-up type seen on the 500s. I am sure there are after market roll-up type sunroofs (e.g. Webasto) available.
Title: Re: Roll back sunroof
Post by: kartman on January 31, 2010, 11:14:25 AM
The type i am refering to is the same as on your white one Dajwid, mine currently has a glass one fitted but i was wondering how practical it would be to cut the roof and fit the canvas one?........Martin
Title: Re: Roll back sunroof
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on January 31, 2010, 11:22:44 AM
Some of the very early Fiat 500s had a Full length roll back roof like the Citroen 2CV. The DeVille 126 range have a sunroof like the standard 500. The Pop up Sun Roof was never a factory option on the Bis but they were a popular item to have fitted at the time the Bis was  on sale , in fact I had one fitted by the dealer when I bought a brand new G reg Bis.
Title: Re: Roll back sunroof
Post by: bis13 on January 31, 2010, 03:21:04 PM
the roof has a very different look inside as the metal work neccesary to house the sunroof hinges is all welded in and makes for a far more robust looking car , can someone with a deville take some pics and then our friend can have a look?
in my oppinion it would be a lot of work to get this roof in and not worth the agro.
Title: Re: Roll back sunroof
Post by: thepuddlejumper on January 31, 2010, 04:56:29 PM
My first 126 had the canvas roof like the 500L, never saw one with the 500D type full roll back roof.

Ralph
Title: Re: Roll back sunroof
Post by: ciaoflyer on February 01, 2010, 05:03:26 PM
Here's one on a 1972 Fiat ad...

(http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d18/ciaoflyer/Fiat-126_1972_800x600_wallpaper_04.jpg)
Title: Re: Roll back sunroof
Post by: kartman on February 01, 2010, 05:08:56 PM
That`s the roof, like the colour too...........Martin
Title: Re: Roll back sunroof
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on February 01, 2010, 05:50:07 PM
 :) That is one nice 126 , I can see why that lady is keeping people at bay with a long stick.  :oops:
BuTTTTTTTTTT ............. what is that black section behind the front chrome bumper ?
Also is it the photo or is that a black rear bumper ?
Left hand drive , could it be a prototype car ?
Anyway you get a good view of a DeVille roof , front cover of the Haynes Manual  [-/

Bid on the Auction
Title: Re: Roll back sunroof
Post by: GTMaster on February 01, 2010, 06:29:09 PM
I haven't seen those ends on a chrome bumpered 126 before either. It's like the updated bumpers on the Trabant 601 that have colour coded bumpers with rubber/plastic ends, but the one in the photo extend to the wheel arch. I think the rear bumpers have them too...
Title: Re: Roll back sunroof
Post by: 1973/126 on February 01, 2010, 07:09:53 PM
 If you check it out, it also has two tone interior. I would say those rubber things are just some kind of bumper protectors. I think I`ve seen something similar on Italian eBay.
 What a beautiful car 8).
Title: Re: Roll back sunroof
Post by: Chris Lakin on February 01, 2010, 07:23:51 PM
i love the colour!

Chris
Title: Re: Roll back sunroof
Post by: ciaoflyer on February 01, 2010, 07:44:50 PM
It is from this computer wallpaper site, there are others available too in high quality!  I have it as my desktop!  Yes I think they are rubber end protectors on the bumpers to stop one from hurting ones self, the 2cv had to have them fitted in Germany by law!

i love the colour!

Chris

I like the clothes! 8)
Title: Re: Roll back sunroof
Post by: rmbruton on February 01, 2010, 10:41:21 PM
i will post pics of my de ville, but wont be till saturday as i dont get home till its dark
Title: Re: Roll back sunroof
Post by: richk on February 01, 2010, 11:14:49 PM
I believe those front and rear bumper edge protectors were for the German market only. I've noticed them on cars in brochures but only ever on one production car - and that was German.
You can buy them at Fiatclassic.com (German!)
Also................ The front reg plate is full size, an Italian one would be small. And the front indicators are orange instead of the Italian clear ones.
Sure is a pretty picture, I love that pale blue colour.
Title: Re: Roll back sunroof
Post by: rmbruton on February 07, 2010, 07:17:22 PM
photos of deville sunroof
Title: Re: Roll back sunroof
Post by: rmbruton on February 07, 2010, 07:18:33 PM
more pics, hope these help