Club126UK

For Sale & Wanted => Ebay Bits & Pieces => Topic started by: Amateb8 on January 28, 2010, 11:57:00 PM

Title: FIAT 126 TRIKE
Post by: Amateb8 on January 28, 2010, 11:57:00 PM
Currently on sale on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-126-TRIKE-Q-PLATE-CORRECT-LOG-BOOK-NEEDS-TLC_W0QQitemZ290396583336QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycles?hash=item439cfc35a8
Title: Re: FIAT 126 TRIKE
Post by: ciaoflyer on January 29, 2010, 10:26:52 AM
Man it's ugly!  Needs a bit of work.  I notice he also has a fetish for fit 126's :D
Title: Re: FIAT 126 TRIKE
Post by: Jan-in-UK on January 29, 2010, 11:51:15 AM
For £100 it is worth taking just because of engine and shafts. But I admitt it is bloody ugly :)
Title: Re: FIAT 126 TRIKE
Post by: 1973/126 on January 29, 2010, 12:24:08 PM
 And what about the gear change. It looks pretty difficult with the gear stick in between your legs... :oops:
Title: Re: FIAT 126 TRIKE
Post by: Amateb8 on January 29, 2010, 09:46:09 PM
I think one is better off buying a bike and attaching a sidecar to it. It looks a lot better. The seller actually ruined an aircooled 126 to build the horrid thing.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 TRIKE
Post by: thepuddlejumper on January 29, 2010, 11:29:27 PM
A 126 trike can look good I just missed this one on ebay, I think it lives in the Portsmouth area. I think it has a turob fitted??

Ralph
Title: Re: FIAT 126 TRIKE
Post by: 1973/126 on January 30, 2010, 07:16:37 AM
 Now we are talking. I remember this one. It looks very nice for a trike. The only thing is, it seems like it is a hard tail. That must be one bumpy ride. Can`t imagine they go round corners very well anyway.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 TRIKE
Post by: bobblehead on January 30, 2010, 08:18:12 AM
i got a number of hardtail monkeybikes, he he believe me .. lads right, the ride is shall we say bumpy he he . you get used to being unconfortable though in time and enjoy it more he he .

i guess it feels like your in a go cart or something like a 126 really :)

Title: Re: FIAT 126 TRIKE
Post by: Jan-in-UK on January 30, 2010, 11:30:54 AM
I can't understand what is the point to have a trike?!?!?  :o
Not car, not bike? Well but as style and taste is always different if I would have to choose I would choose one closest to HarleyDavidson.
Any RoadKing or NightTrain seria.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 TRIKE
Post by: Amateb8 on January 30, 2010, 05:20:07 PM
Oooh yes. A HarleyDavidson motorbike - very nice. They also have a motorbike with a sidecar. There is a HarleyDavidson (HD) dealer near Fulham Broadway in London. They have a number of beautiful new and used HD motorbikes on display. They are expensive.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 TRIKE
Post by: rmbruton on January 30, 2010, 07:36:34 PM
the smile factor on a trike is like no other...  i had the chance to drive a vw trike last year before my bike accident, it just makes you smile. i recomend it to everyone lol. the trike above is a softtail as it has springs and shocks on the rear. top mounted over the engine.

Title: Re: FIAT 126 TRIKE
Post by: thepuddlejumper on January 30, 2010, 09:10:24 PM
If you look closely at the first photo you can see the coil overs just behind the seat.  As well as my sons 126 project clockwork orange, not progressing much due to the cold weather and my 500 gamine's running repairs I have a midi chop, spider replica of the O C Choppers spider bike. Anyway I am in the process of puting it on the road as a trike using the rear axle from a 150cc quad.

Ralph
Title: Re: FIAT 126 TRIKE
Post by: Jan-in-UK on January 30, 2010, 11:35:24 PM
You means WARS HD dealer Amateb? It is a lovely place. I am currently talking with them about one nice 1947 WLA. And my Russian friend just started to build a custom one based on a vrod. Amazing place, amazing machines, superb people and I could stay there forever :) upstairs having coffee.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 TRIKE
Post by: 1973/126 on January 30, 2010, 11:39:50 PM
 My bad Ralph. I can see the coil overs now. Just wasn`t looking properly, but lots of them I`ve seen before were hard tails.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 TRIKE
Post by: Amateb8 on January 31, 2010, 08:09:01 AM
Yup, that is the place, WARR's London. I could stay there and chat with the staff all day about HD bikes. Unfortunately, my other half do not like motorbikes at all.
Title: Re: FIAT 126 TRIKE
Post by: Darrell on February 02, 2010, 10:41:00 AM

Trike....sit in traffic jams in the rain for perhaps a smile or two...

Sorry but a bike makes sense, one simply goes through the traffic, and one comes out the end of the jam often wondering what the jam was about but anyhow, the point is if you're going to get rained-on and frozen it might as well be useful in the traffic, if not get a roof and heater  [-/ eg a 126 :oops:

Yes I guess the sun comes out and it could be fun...sunroof would be better than fiddling between one's legs  :oops:

The only advantages I can see is the wife sits a bit further away than on a bike making it harder for her to dig her nails into one's side when she disapproves of ones driving...

One disadvantage is one doesn't need to wear a helmet on a trike....the peace and quiet of a helmet...would be missed :oops:
Title: Re: FIAT 126 TRIKE
Post by: bobblehead on February 04, 2010, 08:19:39 AM
my old trike :
(http://media3.dropshots.com/photos/278978/20071011/213615.jpg) (http://www.dropshots.com/c90#date/2007-10-11/21:36:15)

(http://media4.dropshots.com/photos/278978/20071011/213625.jpg) (http://www.dropshots.com/c90#date/2007-10-11/21:36:25)

bags and bags of fun, although did not by law required to wear a lid , always did ...

heads turn... i have since sold it as wasnt using it..  shame summer coming up and it was a one off. ( i didnt do it , i brought it finished , it was shaft driven)

miss it, but when i needed to sell due to now using etc it felt right so cant grumble



anyway back to the 126 trike :)   .... 
Title: Re: FIAT 126 TRIKE
Post by: Dom on February 04, 2010, 10:17:35 AM
summer coming up

Loving the optimism! Bring on the summer!