Club126UK

Fiat 126 Chat => Fiat 126 Chat => Topic started by: defender90 on January 02, 2010, 07:31:54 PM

Title: POG sold NOW CITROEN thread
Post by: defender90 on January 02, 2010, 07:31:54 PM

  I have today sold POG my 126 air cooled, this is a genuine regrettable sale but due to taking advantage of the Scrappage scheme and getting £2000 pounds for my Citroen BX (worth £150 tops) against a new Citroen C1 for the wife I found myself a little over streched financialy and so had to make the descicsion to sell.
  Although I am now 126less I will if you don't mind remain a lurker and occasional contributor on the forum.

 Thanks & a very Happy New Year to you all.

  Kevan
Title: Re: POG sold
Post by: Dom on January 02, 2010, 07:48:11 PM
That is a shame. I know how you feel, as i parted with mine a few months back. Mine wasn't even on the road and I miss it.
I still have my 500 though, so can live the 126 experience though the same engine noise and general small FIAT feeling.

Perhaps one day you will return to the 126 ownership fold.
Title: Re: POG sold
Post by: bis13 on January 03, 2010, 11:41:41 AM
dont worry a friend of the 126 is a friend of ours dig another out when you get the chance be lucky, to be honest i would have kept the bx!!
Title: Re: POG sold
Post by: defender90 on January 03, 2010, 11:58:40 AM

 Thanks Chaps

Biz 13; To be honest i have replaced the BX with another one in tip top better condition with a lot less miles and for a fraction of the cost of what I got for my old one and the cost of a decent 126.
Citroen Bx's are I believe a star buy at the moment with good runner's with T&T available between £200-£500. They are just starting to creep up with now the time to buy whilst some are still available at rock bottom prices + they are a fantastic car with the advantage of the bomb proof diesel option, the hydralastic supspension that everybody fears is actually very reliable  and a doddle to repair. I have had BX's since 94 and don't envisage being without one, apart from the legendry Stutgard Panzer (W123 Mercedes) I can't think of a more reliable & practical classic.
Title: Re: POG sold
Post by: bis13 on January 03, 2010, 04:32:53 PM
i have a xantia td estate and like you say the suspension is a doddle sphere on sphere off sphere on fixed. i looked for a bx as a i wanted the gt version the go fast mode in such an odd eighties styled car appealed but could only find cars that needed lots of work so i gave up on it. i am also a sucker for a 190 on the kraut front.
Title: Re: POG sold
Post by: defender90 on January 03, 2010, 05:51:42 PM

  One like this then?

  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-CITROEN-BX-GTI-16V-RED_W0QQitemZ200424288008QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item2eaa37ef08
Title: Re: POG sold
Post by: ciaoflyer on January 03, 2010, 07:09:03 PM
I have found a better model!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1985-CITROEN-2-CV6-2CV-2CV6-2-CV-SPECIAL-RED_W0QQitemZ290387152825QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item439c6c4fb9

(and it's aircooled!)
Title: Re: POG sold
Post by: defender90 on January 04, 2010, 09:45:28 PM

 Ye, always liked the idea of a 2CV but 126's seem to get in there way, who knows one day may be. I've never been in one so no idea what they are like?
Title: Re: POG sold
Post by: Matt S on January 05, 2010, 01:02:25 PM
Well on the 2CV front, ive been around them all my life and driving them for 16 years. They are reliable, cheap, simple to work on and huge fun.  Roomier than a 126 inside and a proper 4 seater with 4 doors.  Perfromance wise they are very similar to a 126 aircooled, possibly slower on acceleration (very slightly) and top speed is better than an aircooled 126.

That one above is very cheap, MOT'd and useable 2CV's these days are 1500 ish and very good original or restored ones you can pay up to about 7000.

Remember they made 2CV's and deriviatives from 1948 to 1990 in various forms. So there is a lot of choice out there.

as an aside here is my current daily transport.............602cc of air cooled goodness that is an Acadiane (dyane car van edition)........


(http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/Stinkwheel_2006/P100409_1458.jpg)

(http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/Stinkwheel_2006/Photo0060.jpg)
Title: Re: POG sold
Post by: defender90 on January 05, 2010, 05:28:40 PM
 Wey hey, nice 1 Matt

 I take it from the various selection of original colours that all those panels are off different cars?
Title: Re: POG sold NOW CITROEN thread
Post by: Matt S on January 06, 2010, 08:17:41 AM
Just to reply to defender 90.....


I picked the van up from a friend who had part stripped it for resto, lost his storage and lost some of the panels, so yes, all the front end panels are from stuff i had in the lockup, luckily its all bolt on construction.

I shall shut up now, sorry to diversify, i was just commenting on what was already on the forum, if its not wanted here, please can mods delete my posts on the thread.
Title: Re: POG sold NOW CITROEN thread
Post by: Dom on January 06, 2010, 10:38:36 AM
I like that. Must be a great car for snow.
Though not a 126, it does have many similarities and I am a fan of anything air-cooled. Plenty of info can be shared amongst different brands, particularly the common interest in decent oil...
Title: Re: POG sold NOW CITROEN thread
Post by: Derek on January 06, 2010, 01:48:41 PM
Funky looking car, I imagine it gets lots of smiles per miles! I for one would be interested in the other vehicles owned by members, perhaps some of you have disclosed your fleet in a previous thread. If anyone would like to start another thread with their list of vehicles I think it would be of interest. 
Title: Re: POG sold NOW CITROEN thread
Post by: bis13 on January 06, 2010, 08:41:10 PM
i used to drive meharis in the ffl they were fun but they are so bloody expensive to buy!!
Title: Re: POG sold NOW CITROEN thread
Post by: ciaoflyer on January 07, 2010, 06:57:00 AM
i used to drive meharis in the ffl they were fun but they are so bloody expensive to buy!!

Love Maharis!  I own a 2cv which was my first car had it for 16 years now!
Title: Re: POG sold NOW CITROEN thread
Post by: Matt S on January 07, 2010, 08:06:46 AM
I restored a mehari for a guy a few years ago now, i never want to see another mehari space frame  >:(

Great fun cars though :)

Thanks for the nice word son the acadiane, next pic i post on this forum will be the Bis, i promise :)
Title: Re: POG sold NOW CITROEN thread
Post by: Chris Lakin on January 20, 2010, 10:00:05 PM
are they more reliable than a 126?