Club126UK

Welcome to the CLUB126UK Forum => Meetings & Events => Topic started by: Chris Lakin on June 22, 2009, 03:21:35 PM

Title: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: Chris Lakin on June 22, 2009, 03:21:35 PM
Hi all,

I hope youre all well.

Im aiming to get my 126 mot'd and up and running again ive missed driving it and working on it, theres alot that i need to do but cant go another summer without driving a 126.

I'm aiming for it to be ready for the Uxbridge autoshow on the 19th July

Its always been a good show so will be worth it. I hope some of you might be able to join me, if you are unable to come in your 126 come anyway!

I have just ordered a new bakerlite fuel pump spacer off ebay from Ricambio so will start by fitting that as my current one is crack, i can then get it booked in for an MOT.

http://www.uxbridge-autoshow.com/

Regards

Chris  :D
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: Dom on June 22, 2009, 03:59:19 PM
Chris Lakin? Why does this name sound familiar?!  :P
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: Chris Lakin on June 22, 2009, 04:44:44 PM
Hi Mate!

I know im guilty for not coming on here for a long time! I feel terrible!

hows it all going? Are you still in Hampton?

Hows your 500?

Regards

Chris
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: ChrisRLewis on June 22, 2009, 05:46:04 PM
it's good to have you back on the forum, you have been missed.
Chris
 :)
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on June 22, 2009, 06:44:38 PM
 :) I am going to take a run down to the Show as it is always a good event. I googled it & you can get an online entry form.  [-/
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: stuey on June 22, 2009, 07:53:04 PM
welcome back chris Im working sadly so cant attend- you coming to the 126 meet at billing?
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: Dom on June 23, 2009, 12:11:15 PM
Good to have you back Chris.
I'm good.
The 500 was great until a few weeks ago when the electronic ignition started failing. In trying to restore the points set up, I managed to bugger the starter motor and since then it's MOT has expired and i've not had it running. Just last weekend, i decided to have a look under the carpets to check the wiring and to my horror a few relatively large holes have appeared in the floor pan and wheel arches!  :cry:

I'm going to have a go at patching the holes with Fastglass for now and will take apart the starter tonight. Hopefully I will have it running in time for Uxbridge, but it's not looking promising...

Dom
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: Chris Lakin on June 23, 2009, 11:13:20 PM
thanks for the warm welcome.

Dom im sorry to hear about 500, im sure you'll have it all fixed up soon. you still got that 126?

Stuey is it billing aquadrome? details on the forum? i will have a read over and see when it is, i would like to.


Regards

Chris

Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: Chris Lakin on July 09, 2009, 01:09:00 AM
ok ladies and gentleman who is up for Uxbrigde Autoshow on Sunday 19th July?

http://www.uxbridge-autoshow.com/

will be a fun day, im going with my aircooled, always a great day out.

Mick wants to come providing we can get a gathering of us together.

My girlfriend is organising the pims and drinks for all of you who turn up. We might also be able to sort some food too.

let us know if you want to come.

(just noticed this clashes with the cumbria meet, no worries if plans have already been made)

Chris
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on July 09, 2009, 07:46:00 AM
 :D Got my entry number in the post yesterday  [-/
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: Chris Lakin on July 09, 2009, 04:10:47 PM
excellent mate,   :D

we can swap mobile numbers etc nearer the time so we can all meet up and form our own little stand on the day. Possibly meet up and all roll in together.

Looking forward to meeting you and your bambino.

Regards

Chris

Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: Jan-in-UK on July 09, 2009, 05:09:47 PM
I will be coming as well. 100%.
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on July 10, 2009, 01:40:57 PM
 :) I will be on holiday on the Isle of Wight for the next week & proberbly out of touch but if anybody going to Uxbridge needs any parts & I can help then then PM me & I will be able to check out any requests the night before . I will also do a show "special" on the 13" wheel disc brake adaptor plates for £20 which is a saving of £7 on the recorded delivery price. & by the way I have installed CCTV just in case anyone is thinking of sneaking into my shed after the 795ccs engine ::)
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: bis13 on July 11, 2009, 04:26:07 PM
ho ho ho my balaclava is already in my car.... now youve told me where you have stashed it it will be so much easier!!! i shall come in disguise wearing a hat to alter my identity.... your going to move it indoors now arent you!!? have a nice break on the iow.
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: Chris Lakin on July 12, 2009, 01:04:11 AM
keep you binocs in sight this year mate, my mum will be coming to the show to inspect your motor.

shes on the look out for a car jack this year.  ;D

Chris

Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: bis13 on July 12, 2009, 12:36:51 PM
i am bringing tracy with me so i shall be on my best behaviour...not ;D
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: Darrell on July 12, 2009, 07:40:02 PM
Blimey, I had better get a number tomorrow :o
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: bis13 on July 16, 2009, 09:37:23 PM
so who is coming and if so where shall we meet up? and at what time?
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: Jan-in-UK on July 17, 2009, 02:34:32 PM
I go for sure. Will have to buy my ticket on the day (I pressume there is such a possibility) as I wasnt sure until today. So can anybody let me know where do we meet? As there is no entries here i pressume you all did it by phone long time ago....
Let me know pls  [-/ thanks
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: Chris Lakin on July 17, 2009, 03:56:18 PM
hi jan, you will have to pay the late entry fee of £10

ive sent you my mobile number so just call when you get there.

Regards

Chris
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: bis13 on July 17, 2009, 06:35:18 PM
see you on sunday jan!
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: Jan-in-UK on July 17, 2009, 08:07:28 PM
Chris you gave me 9-digit phone number........ ::)
I hope to see you all but just 10 minutes ago my fuel pump said "good bye" and I am in process of putting new one.
Only one trouble is it doesn't fit. This push rod seems to be "too long" for a new pump and I cant screw it together with gaskets!!!
I will get crazy - if wont make it within next hour mechanic will be on his way.
WANT TO GET IT MOVING!!!!!  [-/

22:40 - New fuel pump, push rod and spacer + gaskets fitted. Engine works sweet again so SEE you all on Sunday!!!  [-/ 8)
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: Chris Lakin on July 19, 2009, 06:55:39 PM
it was nice to see everyone today!  ;D

Mick, Dave, Michael and Jan!

Great day at the show, shame about the un predictable weather, but still had fun.

Im looking forward to the retro rides show next month and possibly a couple more shows this summer.

I will upload some of the show pics tomorrow.

Regards

Chris
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: Rusty's Uncle on July 19, 2009, 08:33:09 PM
 :D Yes well done Chris for geting a bit of co-ordination going there & enjoyed meeting the guys & puting faces to names. Obviously one of the highlights was the Hexi-Gazeebo May Pole Dance Ritual  </4
Not sure if I should worry about how many 126 owners seem to carry a hammer in their cars for knocking in tent pegs  :o
I had a bit of a "Mick" moment on the way back when I pulled onto a bit of dual carriageway behind a Peugeot 107 that was going a bit slow. I pulled out to overtake using all of my 499ccs & the guy speeded up so I pulled back in. He then slowed down again so I pulled out then he did the same again. Realising that he was taking the piss & that a roundabout was about a mile down the road I pulled out again & flat out he kept me about 30 yards back. Remembering Mick's description of taking roundabouts I did a very late brake using the disc brakes to the max then carrying a lot of speed I came out about 100 yards in front of him on the other side. A BMW steamed past him then me & although he was a way back he signaled his intention and pulled into the outside lane , overtook me then pulled in & braked sharply just before the next roundabout  :o
Seemed like he went from taking the piss to being a bit pissed off at being outdone so just to drive the lesson home I did exactly the same thing at that roundabout as well pushing my 125 x 12 tyres a bit but I knew that was the end of the dual carriageway within about 50 yards so he then had to follow the sweet little butt of my 500 for a while . At my age I should know better really but my carer was not about  </8 but with the smile on my face I could well have auditioned to play the Joker in a Batman movie,
nevar a dull moment eh  ;D
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: Darrell on July 20, 2009, 09:00:27 AM
Sorry guys but wife had a nite shift, which came as a surprise on saturday so the mention of sunday in a car was met with a look that could have burnt a hole through me.

As she has a new set of kitchen knives I thought I'd better go mow the lawn...

There was thoughts of going on my own however she had planned to see her mum sunday afternoon...and I was planned to drive.

Hey ho could have been worse.

hope you guys had a great one!

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: Chris Lakin on July 20, 2009, 11:59:11 AM
Dave remind me never to acept a lift from you! I thought you were from the more responsible older generation who wore leather driving gloves and took roundabouts at 5mph?  :D

if you carry on pissing off 107 drivers you will need to start carrying a tent peg hammer!  :-X  :D :D

Would have been good to meet you Darrell, will you be going to retro rides?

(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/DSCF1896.jpg?t=1248085103)

(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/DSCF1897.jpg?t=1248086030)

(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/DSCF1888.jpg?t=1248086508)

(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/th_DSCF1881.jpg) (http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/?action=view&current=DSCF1881.jpg)
(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/th_DSCF1882.jpg) (http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/?action=view&current=DSCF1882.jpg)
(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/th_DSCF1883.jpg) (http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/?action=view&current=DSCF1883.jpg)
(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/th_DSCF1884.jpg) (http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/?action=view&current=DSCF1884.jpg)
(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/th_DSCF1885.jpg) (http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/?action=view&current=DSCF1885.jpg)
(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/th_DSCF1886.jpg) (http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/?action=view&current=DSCF1886.jpg)
(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/th_DSCF1887.jpg) (http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/?action=view&current=DSCF1887.jpg)
(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/th_DSCF1888.jpg) (http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/?action=view&current=DSCF1888.jpg)
(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/th_DSCF1889.jpg) (http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/?action=view&current=DSCF1889.jpg)
(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/th_DSCF1890.jpg) (http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/?action=view&current=DSCF1890.jpg)
(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/th_DSCF1891.jpg) (http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/?action=view&current=DSCF1891.jpg)
(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/th_DSCF1892.jpg) (http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/?action=view&current=DSCF1892.jpg)
(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/th_DSCF1893.jpg) (http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/?action=view&current=DSCF1893.jpg)
(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/th_DSCF1894.jpg) (http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/?action=view&current=DSCF1894.jpg)
(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/th_DSCF1895.jpg) (http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/?action=view&current=DSCF1895.jpg)
(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/th_DSCF1896.jpg) (http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/?action=view&current=DSCF1896.jpg)
(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/th_DSCF1897.jpg) (http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/?action=view&current=DSCF1897.jpg)
(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/th_DSCF1898.jpg) (http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/?action=view&current=DSCF1898.jpg)
(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/th_DSCF1899.jpg) (http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/?action=view&current=DSCF1899.jpg)
(http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/th_DSCF1900.jpg) (http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt188/Tiffer1986/?action=view&current=DSCF1900.jpg)

rest of pics here

Regards

Chris
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: roobeh on July 20, 2009, 12:06:37 PM
Some nice pics there. Shame about the hummer, money can't buy taste. :oops:

How did the 500's abarth stripes happen?
Title: Re: Uxbridge Auto Show
Post by: Darrell on July 20, 2009, 01:01:47 PM
I am trying to make it to as many meets as possible so will certainly try.

Great pics once again! [-/

Mick needs to be awarded the 'most travelled' member award :oops: