Club126UK
Welcome to the CLUB126UK Forum => Meetings & Events => Topic started by: Pete126 on February 15, 2009, 11:15:04 PM
-
Members of club126uk have been invited to a weekend of classic cars, good company, food and drink.
When: Friday 17 - 19 July 2009
Where: Alston, Cumbria
(http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m152/pedro126/New_wwww.jpg)
What: Good cars, good company & good times
Hi guys,
Basically, plan is to having a Retro-Rides camping weekend for all those who prefer canvas to bricks and motar. It is a primarily North East event, however anyone is welcome.
Alston is situated in the heart of the Pennines with good access from all directions. Located nearby is the South Tynedale Railway, Nenthead Mines and Heartside Cafe.
The weekend is being hosted by the Hudgill Caravan Park (2 miles outside of Alston) offering good facilities for all the family. The nearby hotel sells good food and alcohol to those interested, though I'm informed it's a little pricey.
There will be a navigational challenge on Saturday taking in all of the best scenery of the local area. Each vehicle will be tasked with navigating to set points so I'd recommend carrying a passenger!
This event is in no way a competition and all highway jurisdiction applies. I, and any other member of Retro Rides, or the Retro Rides organization cannot take any liability for the event
To save cluttering your retro ride with boring camping gear, Sophie & I will be offering chili on Friday evening and breakfast on Sat. & Sun. morning however pre-booking is essential. For this there will be a small cost, but I stress we are not out to make money.
Camping costs will be announced shortly. If enough people are interested I will endeavor to get a group discount.
So, if you are interested or have any questions, please do let me know.
Hope to see you there!
-
This looks good, and I have a friend who stays locally so could be interesting :)
-
It would be great to get a few 126 there :) as most of the shows are own south :(
-
This is already pretty damn south as far as I'm concerned :P
-
It would be great to get a few 126 there :) as most of the shows are own south :(
:D We moan they are all up north.
-
if i can sort out my 5hit then i will be there .
-
DOes one need a passport to get there? ;D
-
Does one need a passport to get there? ;D
Pfft, typical Southerner :P
-
I have tried to buy one of those handheld translators and applied for a visa but the Northern consulate said they are not given to 'Essex boys'
;D