Club126UK
For Sale & Wanted => Wanted: => Topic started by: slaveunit on August 06, 2008, 06:32:29 PM
-
Does anyone have a fuel line that they dont need? Mine's leaking, and the previous owner has decided to fix it by cutting out the splits and putting in line fuel filters.
Theres 3 filters on the line so far, and theres another split in it. The whole line is rotten, so its time i got another...
it's the one from the tank to the pump.
Ta.
-
I have the feed & return pipes from an air cooled Fiat 126 which would probably fit. I can not remember what the Bis ones are like but are they made of that crappy cloth covered self destructing rubber ?
-
just go to a local car parts shop and ask for a meter of 6mm fuel pipe. all the local stores (over here) have it....
-
bascially what CRO_126bis said... new fuel line can be bought easily from motor factors/ halfords for not alot of cash ...or go silly and spend £40 like i did on this-
(http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/cheekos10/SS851140.jpg)
-
:shock: :shock: £40 ??? my god..... :shock: :shock: can get a whole engine for that kind of money.... :shock:
p.s. i put a fuel filter on the same spot as stuey and it really messed up my ignition, took the pump a while to fill it up, so had to replace the pipe the second time.... :???:
-
tbh most of that is the anodised fittings they are about £7 a piece...
-
They do nice matching filters too only about £6 I think. Ebay motorbike filters, work great and look good too.
-
They do nice matching filters too only about £6 I think. Ebay motorbike filters, work great and look good too.
thanks for that- I have some paypal cash burning a hole.... :D
-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLUE-ANODISED-ALLOY-IN-LINE-FUEL-FILTER_W0QQitemZ160244907909QQihZ006QQcategoryZ36796QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262
I have seen them in all colours.
-
Totally loving the braided hoses... proper cool!
But in the end I went and bought 2metres of 6mm hose from a factors, and have got it on the car.
But it was a pig, one of the tamk bolts had rusted on solid, so i was lying under the car with an angle grinder, and the next job is to drill out the stud and drop a bolt in.
But it got the car from a non runner to a spluttery runner, need to bleed the fuel lines next.... might even get to drive it soon (for the first time!)